Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

Well, I must have strained something in the sides of my body doing the hula on this yesterday because I've been aching like fuck in those areas today. I've been so complacent in recent years because I've never gotten horribly overweight (I'm currently 13.5 stone and my peak weight is about 12) but my conditioning is awful. Just awful.

Back to Wii Fit tomorrow, I reckon, taking it verrrrry easily at first.

Bought this today and enjoyed my first session. The fact that I had the muscle stiffness associated with a proper 'outdoors' workout (which I can never bring myself to do through embarassment) suggest that - if I keep to it - this will be a very useful product.
Woo hoo! Got it this morning.

It's a pretty sturdy piece of hardware innit?

Where are people managing to get this from? Everywhere seems out of stock.

Where are people managing to get this from? Everywhere seems out of stock.

I popped in to Game in Epsom this morning on the off-chance and they had loads in.

The wife and I played earlier - I totally whooped her ass at hula-hooping, then embarrassed myself with a poor show on press-ups. I can usually do 20+, but the narrow stance stuffed me on Wii Fit...

Anyway, it's no substitute for the gym proper, but it's certainly a nice little extra incentive to get your arse in gear on a daily basis and think about your health. I like it a lot.

Nom nom. I've just eaten pizza and not ice cream and chocolate. Awesome.

I used to eat pizzas at the weekends but I've replaced them with curries. Is that much healthier? If so, I should see some rapid weight loss now that I'm on Wii Fit.

If not, my graph will start to go up :(

Had a mamouth ski jump compo last night. My 60 year old dad was well into it. He was developing new techniques and pushing the boundaries of gaming. We managed to get a 175 metre jump by the end. Great fun as was the hula hoop.

How do you add your progress doing other activities? I had an off road biking session down Bedgebury this morning I want to add on.

After selecting your Mii there will be a graph button on the left hand side of the screen. After clicking on it press the tab Fit Cash (or whatever it is called) and then you can add to your activity log.

Is there a way to set a routine that you can just work thru ?

I don't think so but if you go to your favourites page then you can easily find which routines you do most often and select them there.

I don't think so but if you go to your favourites page then you can easily find which routines you do most often and select them there.

I had seen that but it doesnt seem to hold all the things i do, shame you cant do a routine but i guess Nintendo can add that to wii fit 2 :)

When I first started on Wii Fit (launch day), I was weighed in at 9st 5lb and had a BMI of 17.81 - and was therefore 'underweight'. I set myself a goal of gaining just over a stone in 3 months and after a few days, my weight was coming in at 9st 8lb and my BMI had obviously increased. I was looking forward to passing 10st for what could've been the first time in my life. I never weigh myself. Ever.

Today my weight slightly decreased from yesterdays values. I've weighed in at 9st 2lb and my BMI at 17.32. My balance is getting worse and my Wii Fit Age is slowly increasing...

...does this mean I'm about to die?

When I first started on Wii Fit (launch day), I was weighed in at 9st 5lb and had a BMI of 17.81 - and was therefore 'underweight'. I set myself a goal of gaining just over a stone in 3 months and after a few days, my weight was coming in at 9st 8lb and my BMI had obviously increased. I was looking forward to passing 10st for what could've been the first time in my life. I never weigh myself. Ever.

Today my weight slightly decreased from yesterdays values. I've weighed in at 9st 2lb and my BMI at 17.32. My balance is getting worse and my Wii Fit Age is slowly increasing...

...does this mean I'm about to die?

Actually it means you should stop going on Wii Fit and eat some pies.

;)

Can't you transfer your mii to your wiimote and that will take your progress with you?

Bizarrely, that's not how it works. Although your save is "linked" to your Mii, it's actually stored as a seperate save file on the console, and you can't put that save on a Wii Remote.

I think this is really good. As a serious fitness/weight-loss tool it's not great, but as something that increases awareness of your body and how to attain greater fitness it's great. Some of the muscle exercises are really fantastic, and I'm digging the yoga enough to think about attending classes at my gym.