Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

We took the kids to the seaside for a long weekend of fast food, ice creams and chocolate, so I'm dreading finding out how much more obese I am when I have a go tonight. The diet starts tomorrow. ;)

Hmmm... I did a body test and I'd put 2lbs on. Disaster. I've not been on it properly since Thursday so that's about right. So I did half an hour of aerobic exercises, took the test again and lost my 2lbs back. That figures too because I've exercised, but it's all a bit vague. I hope I see some real downward graphs soon coz my deadline is the end of this week and I need to lose another 2lbs ;)

I have found a new way to loose weight. Play Guitar Hero but you have to dance around at the same time. :)

Just a question in regard to Wii Fit. Are people actually using Wii Fit as a replacement for some of the other fitness things? e.g videos, classes, step machines etc.

I have found a new way to loose weight. Play Guitar Hero but you have to dance around at the same time. :)

Just a question in regard to Wii Fit. Are people actually using Wii Fit as a replacement for some of the other fitness things? e.g videos, classes, step machines etc.

Nope, but it's a good fun addition

Replacement? I never used those things before anyway. Which maybe is the point of wii fit...

Anyway, as I type this I currently have freeform jogging, 30m edition running in the background. Great way of building up the fitbank. You need 3 hours total to unlock all balance games.

EDIT : Sneaky bastard!! It just gave me 1 minutes worth?!?!

Anyone got any ideas on how to add to the fitbank without too much effort? Just need something to shake it...It's times like these I wish I had children.

Would putting a sign outside saying "wii fit inside - kids of all ages welcome" be a step too far in your bewildering quest to not play the game?

They had this in Epsom Woolies on Friday last week but I didnt bother getting it as I thought I was too fat for the board. Now I realise I am under the maximum weight they have of course sold out. BASTARDS!

They are taunting a Fat Man.

This has been really good, no substitute for the gym of course, but then you'd do well to get me anywhere near one let alone pay for it.

The Mrs has noticed improvements already after ten days, obviously only minor ones but so far so good. :lol:

Only 17 minutes for me today coz it's a scorcher and I was dripping with sweat. I have lost another pound and I am just one pound away from my goal of three pounds in two weeks. I should nail that last pound by my deadline of Friday.

Weirdly, I look at my graph and for the first few days it's up and down but my weight is the same on each node.

They had this in Epsom Woolies on Friday last week but I didnt bother getting it as I thought I was too fat for the board. Now I realise I am under the maximum weight they have of course sold out. BASTARDS!

They are taunting a Fat Man.

A fellow Epsomite huh...

Game in Epsom had them on Saturday. That's where I got it

The Kingston GAME Bentalls concession has them as well.

Only really bothered having a proper go with this today but it's actually rather good. I don't think it's going to be a massive substitute to my external cardio and weights but, if anything, at least it's a nice diary that can track my progress and let me know how I'm doing re: my goals.

Will be using it daily for yoga though, it's not something I would have thought of doing normally but it's actually pretty ace.

Was sweating buckets on this last night. Did the long run followed by a super hula hoop with 753 spins (I scored over 400 on my first section). I've unlocked 6 minute mode. That is going to be painful.

Got in the low 800 on rhythm boxing, great that. Mega-confusion when he started stepping backwards! Shame it's not a little faster like the advanced step modes (genius!) Also there doesn't appear to be a way to browse the score boards. D'oh!

Is it just me that waves at the other (waving) Miis while I'm out running? :D

Haha, complaints are coming in....

We have all laughed and joked about being told that we're fat and need to lose weight but I was gobsmacked when it [Wii Fit] told her that she is overweight. She is a healthy 10 year old girl with an active lifestyle, she swims and dances every week. She is 92lbs and 4ft9" tall and there is not an inch of fat on her. She is solidly built but not fat. She was devasted to be called fat and we had to work hard to convince her that she isn't. I know it is just a game but seriously we already have to worry about young girls starving themselves to look like the magazine models and now we have a game that tells them their fat. This to me is very worrying and I hope that is doesn't cause emotional problems for any youngsters out there.

http://kotaku.com/387910/wii-fit-to-little-girl-youre-fat