Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

You don't really lose weight that fast, honestly. Water retention, what you've eaten, etc etc. Just take it with a pinch of salt. You're never going to see a noticable difference from this alone, let's be honest.

But I do no regular exercise that gets me as sweaty as Wii Fit. I'll press on with it and see how it goes, coz yesterday was great when the weight measure actually went lower for the first time.

You don't really lose weight that fast, honestly. Water retention, what you've eaten, etc etc. Just take it with a pinch of salt. You're never going to see a noticable difference from this alone, let's be honest.

Of course you will! :)

Have you seen the bloke who got trimmer just doing Wii Sports? He is doing the same with Wii Fit too! I get mega-sweaty playing this too which is a) I drink loads of water + exercise = sweat and b ) I'm doing it in the house which is warmer than being outside. But I sweat as soon as I do anything physically taxing so it's all good, it means you're working hard :( A couple of the routines are really good, the press-ups are killer! Some of the routines recommend using heavy weights as time goes on. It's all good stuff.

As Wiifit says, your body changes by +-2lb each day anyways so just spend a little bit longer working out to lose more weight and eat more healthy.

I definitely eat healthily, bar the odd treat. If I ate as unhealthily as some of my workmates I'd be 15st easily.

Will I notice a drop in weight gradually or will I weigh myself in a couple of weeks and notice a big decrease, followed by some more minor changes - then another big loss?

I've no idea how this goes coz I've never watched my weight.

If your weight is stable but overweight then playing this with no other change to your life will likely reduce your weight. If you stop going to the gym to play this instead then it won't. It's not rocket science.

Haha, complaints are coming in....

We have all laughed and joked about being told that we're fat and need to lose weight but I was gobsmacked when it [Wii Fit] told her that she is overweight. She is a healthy 10 year old girl with an active lifestyle, she swims and dances every week. She is 92lbs and 4ft9" tall and there is not an inch of fat on her. She is solidly built but not fat. She was devasted to be called fat and we had to work hard to convince her that she isn't. I know it is just a game but seriously we already have to worry about young girls starving themselves to look like the magazine models and now we have a game that tells them their fat. This to me is very worrying and I hope that is doesn't cause emotional problems for any youngsters out there.

<a href="http://kotaku.com/387910/wii-fit-to-little-girl-youre-fat" target="_blank">http://kotaku.com/387910/wii-fit-to-little-girl-youre-fat</a>

Instead of whinging on the internet about it, why doesn't he just tell the little fat bitch to put the burger down, get her wobbly pre-pubescent arse on the Wii board and lose some fucking weight? Otherwise, by the time she's twelve, she'll be nothing but a fried chicken munching blob sat in the corner, packed full of cellulite and sweat patches and NO teenage boy will EVER want her.

For goodness sake, what's up with these people?

Weight loss takes time to lose it properly - we're probably talking months not days. And it's probably a bit naughty of it to get you to weigh yourself everyday as would just get your hopes up too much, as most people here are finding out the natural weight fluctuation you get but overall you stay about the same weight.

And that article basically just sums up the problem with using BMI as a fat measurement tool, it can't tell the difference between fat and muscle - so unless you know what's there is blubber in the extreme take it with not so much a hint of salt as most of the contents of the pacific ocean as well.

Personally, I don't need to lose weight but I'm finding the stretching, etc exercises quite good - and a good addition to the running I already do. I'm not bothering with the jogging on the spot stuff - it's nice but you're not pushing half your muscles, and make sure you wear trainers so you don't smash you knees in as well! I suppose if you're not used to running it's a start but I think you should move on once you're used to it.

At 13.5st I'm too big to jog so I've given up on that for now. I start with step basics and then advanced steps. Then on to both hula hoops, 6 minute boxing and a 10 minute free step. Then I'll do a couple of games to add up to 30 minutes.

I might change this around to include more time in free step. I can totally focus on the stepping and 10 minutes is flying by.

No you're not. I'm heavier than that and do the jogging everyday - mostly the island lap now it doesn't kill me so much.

16stone and able to jog quite happily for 30mins without stopping here.

(Damn me and my muscular frame...)

Oh how I love Wii Fit.

Jogging is my main activity on this. Still using it at least once every 1 or 2 days. I do jogging for about 10mins at the moment, by the end of that I'm quite exhausted! Then I do 1 or 2 from both yoga and muscle stuff to stretch and help avoid stiff joints. Then I usually have a few 1 or 2 balance games just for fun. I rarely spend more than 20mins per day.

I can't understand why this doesn't have an option to run a quick 10-30 minute workout.

Surely it's not that hard for you to select a few options and make your own workout? It does tell which of the aerobics and muscle workouts particularly complement each other, but apart from that it doesn't know what kind of exercise you want to do.

Personally I tend to start off with a couple of the aerobic exercises (jogging and rhythm boxing being my current favourites), move onto a mixture of aerobics and muscle workouts, then if I'm still in the mood I'll play a couple of balance games. This totals up to just over half an hour usually. But sometimes I'll just want to do some stretches, or I'll spend half an hour on the more energetic stuff. It gives you that choice.

Surely it's not that hard for you to select a few options and make your own workout? It does tell which of the aerobics and muscle workouts particularly complement each other, but apart from that it doesn't know what kind of exercise you want to do.

Personally I tend to start off with a couple of the aerobic exercises (jogging and rhythm boxing being my current favourites), move onto a mixture of aerobics and muscle workouts, then if I'm still in the mood I'll play a couple of balance games. This totals up to just over half an hour usually. But sometimes I'll just want to do some stretches, or I'll spend half an hour on the more energetic stuff. It gives you that choice.

I think you're right. I prefer having the choice of what kind of workout I want to do.

The problem is that you're doing a few minutes, stopping and choosing the next workout, etc - you are meant to be raising your heart-rate for at least 30 minutes continously ideally, stopping and starting isn't great. Besides, given most people won't have a regular routine of exercise there's a lot less commitment - given the choice of press-ups or some fun ski jumping I bet most would go for the easy fun. You want encouragement sometimes.

Also I hope people are actually warming up and warming down (though strangely the game only suggests warming up - tut tut) but not actually any info on what to do.

So you could try some of these

Warm-ups

Some warm-down stretching

You'll only be doing some flapping around on the warm-ups, but it's important to loosen the muscles especially if you're doing the stretching exercises - not unless you want Mr T style pain! ;)

Can anyone comment on how this compares to DDR for fun/gaming appeal? I used to play DDR loads but stopped when I went to Uni and got used to hard mats and platforms. Now all this talk about Wii fit sounds pretty cool to me but I already do weights, skipping and running so I don't really feel like another exercise regime, just something fun and physical, which makes me think I'll be better off just buying a cobalt flux and getting back into DDR. Am I wrong?

Cheers.

Still loving this. Bought at launch and I still spend at least30 minutes a day on it. My initial weigh in had me hovering towards the top end of underweight with a BMI of 17.7. I'm now up to 18.25 and edging towards my goal of reaching ideal. So it really does seem to be working for me, and I'm having fun whilst doing it too, so no complaints from me!

WiiFitProgress.jpg

Oh man, my sister bought this today, despite not owning a Wii in her house, so I had a quick go on it.

I completely lost faith in the entire thing when the game told me "remember to move dynamically". Err, how the fuck are you meant to move not dynamically? Retarded.

The hula hoops game was fun though! That's almost the only one though, the balance games you unlock at the start are pants.

Might go do some press ups to earn some virtual coins instead of my own room like usual. I love virtual coins!