Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

It's 20 quid retail for the game only, isn't it? It's a bit frustrating that it isn't really a new game, just the original game "updated" with features that probably. in all honesty, should have been in the original.

But in saying that, if it's a decent update- and it's fairly cheap- I'll probably pick this up.

*raises hand*

It basically completely supersedes Wii Fit - you can bin your copy of that game once you get this, as it's got all the first game's contents and much more. The fifteen new balance games (twelve, really, with three variations on the ball-tilting, bubble-guiding and jogging) are mostly great, with a neat and potentially quite useful golf-swing one, a cute marching band rhythm game, and a real make-double-sure-the-curtains-are-closed bit of daftness which sees you flapping your arms to fly your chicken-suit-wearing Mii between a series of targets.

Was thinking about getting back into Wii Fit. I used it a lot after my knee op, then stopped once i started playing football again.

What's the rhythm kung fu exercise like?

Was thinking about getting back into Wii Fit. I used it a lot after my knee op, then stopped once i started playing football again.

What's the rhythm kung fu exercise like?

That's probably one of the weaker ones, if only thanks to the dodgy remote/nunchuk recognition. You really have to shake the controllers really hard, and oftentimes you can seemingly shake it right on time, but it won't register until a fraction of a second later, thus earning you an 'OK' rather than a 'perfect'. Quite fun, but the inaccuracies of the two handheld controllers spoil it a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only person in PAL-land who bought this then?

The new games are mostly great - current favourites are segway and chicken suit - and the kids completely love the utterly pointless cat-weighing functionality.

Having said that, I'm a Wii Fit fan anyway, as I've been using it probably every third day on average over the last year, and it's helped me to lose about 2 stone and keep it off. Although this is undoubtedly an improvement over the original, there's nothing here that's going to convince anyone who wasn't at least tempted by the first one.

Am I the only person in PAL-land who bought this then?

The new games are mostly great - current favourites are segway and chicken suit - and the kids completely love the utterly pointless cat-weighing functionality.

Having said that, I'm a Wii Fit fan anyway, as I've been using it probably every third day on average over the last year, and it's helped me to lose about 2 stone and keep it off. Although this is undoubtedly an improvement over the original, there's nothing here that's going to convince anyone who wasn't at least tempted by the first one.

I haven't quite got the hang of the chicken suit one - I enjoy it, but I'm never quite convinced I'm doing the right motion. Segway's great, though. I like the cycling as well, though that's very similar.

I much prefer the cycling in this to the Wii Sports Resort version.

Hmm, well, the WSR cycling isn't exactly that great... ;)

Anyway, I think I may buy WF+ for my girlfriend. She used Wii Fit at least twice a week until the lack of variety really got to her, and we both found it advantageous for fitness purposes. Just a shame it's taken Nintendo over a year to get a sequel out! The original Wii Fit I imagine a lot of people exhausted pretty quickly, there's not much to it once you've unlocked the few additional activities.

I haven't quite got the hang of the chicken suit one - I enjoy it, but I'm never quite convinced I'm doing the right motion. Segway's great, though. I like the cycling as well, though that's very similar.

I don't see what's hard about how to do the chicken one, hell, you don't even need to move your arms. Just bob up and down, it's enough exercise in itself to get a good finishing time.

I don't see what's hard about how to do the chicken one, hell, you don't even need to move your arms. Just bob up and down, it's enough exercise in itself to get a good finishing time.

I can do it, it's just the fine-tuning needed to land on the big scores, particularly when they're moving. Perhaps I'm flapping too much! ;)

Hmm, well, the WSR cycling isn't exactly that great... ;)

Anyway, I think I may buy WF+ for my girlfriend. She used Wii Fit at least twice a week until the lack of variety really got to her, and we both found it advantageous for fitness purposes. Just a shame it's taken Nintendo over a year to get a sequel out! The original Wii Fit I imagine a lot of people exhausted pretty quickly, there's not much to it once you've unlocked the few additional activities.

Got to agree about WSR cycling...

It sounds like your GF will really appreciate this. The new games are mostly excellent, and the new features around grouping exercises into custom or preset workouts seem really good, although I've only had a very brief look at them so far.

I can do it, it's just the fine-tuning needed to land on the big scores, particularly when they're moving. Perhaps I'm flapping too much! ;)

Absolutely! When you get near the targets it's all about tiny fluttering movements as you lean around to aim.

Northy has changed the name of this thread to make me look bad, it had no mention of Wii Fit Plus in the title before I started my awesome thread. Just because there are three mentions of Wii Fit Plus in this thread he seems to think this thread will serve as a Wii Fit Plus thread. Well, he's fucking wrong.

You see to lump Wii Fit Plus in with Wii Fit is totally wrong.

Wii Fit Plus is actually a jolly good fun game and not the pure hatred that was Wii Fit.

To dismiss Wii Fit Plus because Wii Fit was souless shit is the biggest mistake since ever. Wii Fit Plus can happily sit with Wii Sports.

• 1 month later...

Wii fit plus for Christmas and, despite my heavy cynicism and snootyness (I already run 30 or 40 miles a week in the hills and consider myself pretty fit), wii fit plus is really, really good so far.

And my wii fit age is..... +21 years :angry: and my weight is nearly 3 frigging stones over the ideal :quote::quote::D

Wii fit plus for Christmas and, despite my heavy cynicism and snootyness (I already run 30 or 40 miles a week in the hills and consider myself pretty fit), wii fit plus is really, really good so far.

And my wii fit age is..... +21 years :) and my weight is nearly 3 frigging stones over the ideal :(:D:D

Doesn't this all work on BMI? Sounds like your probably carrying more muscle than most iof your running that much. I can't see this being that accurate except for fatty joe average.

Doesn't this all work on BMI? Sounds like your probably carrying more muscle than most iof your running that much. I can't see this being that accurate except for fatty joe average.

The weight category stuff does. I think the Wii Fit Age is just worked out on how well you do a few balance exercises.

Its okay I'm not taking my wii fit age or BMI at all seriously. In one single day I've reduced my age from +21 to +12 years and lost two pounds :)

In your first body test doesn't it just measure your Wii Fit Age on one balance exercise? I had my first go on this yesterday and I was mildly impressed. Though it does seem less sweat-inducing than EA Sports Active.

It got my weight wrong too - gave me one extra stone. Though I suppose it did push me up into healthy weight, so I can't complain too much.

• 3 weeks later...

does wii fit plus carry on from wii fit (save file) for same region then?

I got wii fit like nearly a year ago and never used it, but since 1st january ive been using it nearly daily. Ive been enjoying it although bored of some of the exercises.

i have wii fit plus but lent it to a friend as i was playing the original, but im getting that back tommorrow.