IGNORED

Gran Turismo 5 Official Thread

Harry

Some games require your firmware to be at the latest version to play. Not sure why anyone would want to keep the old version of firmware, unless they are in the dozen or so people that bothered to install a Linux partition on their PS3.

Or use the piraty USB thingamabob.

a good tip to earn easy cash is do the special events that you unlock, the carting challenges earned 17000 and 34000 credits on beginner and intermediate, and the nascar challenge earns you 9000 for just, in the words of eric cartman, Driving fast and turning left.

I had to give the copy back last night, as the store from whence it came are allowed to stock it for rental tomorrow, but needless to say, sheepy bob will be delivering a new copy on release date

Saw on HDUK that Best Buy are doing it for £29.99. Couldn't resist.

I've done the same. £29.99 was just too good to turn down in the end and ordered it from Best Buy, never used them previously any idea when its likely to be shipped/arrive?

Anyone else having issue with the home menu? game sits there for about five minutes [section where the driver comes out and meets the crew] then a message pops up "A connection to the server could not be established", then you can finally choose an option ie GT mode etc.

Happens everytime I goto the home menu.

Have restarted the system/game, and has the new 1.01 patch and installed game onto hard drive. PS3 can get online fine with other games.

Ok this is pretty much unplayable for me right now. I installed the game, downloaded the online patch, bought a car, tried to start a license test, realised I needed to change the controls around on the dualshock, so out of that and back through the menus. Now it might not seem so bad, but it keeps searching for the servers, which takes 10 minutes before it fails to connect, in this time you can do nothing, not even cancel it searching. It took me two hours before I could go from sticking the game in the machine and sorting out my control set up. Ridiculous. Sony better sort these servers out fast :hmm:

Are you connected to PSN?

Im a bit worried about this patch. I have no way of D/L it at the moment. What does it fix?

I was connected to PSN, but I signed out and it was the same. So you have to actually disconnect from the net completely to get the game running smoothly. Otherwise, well until Sony sort the servers out, you'll have to put up with the long loading times.

Panic over people!

VG247

@11 well the patch is live and was downloaded when I started the machine thanks to the whole Plus thing.

It however turns on the online ability right away and does some more installing, unlocking (of the museum and online functionality I guess).

As for leaderboards, I believe they should be there.

Oh also about the patch, until the servers go online later in the evening or tomorrow morning, don’t download it, or disable your PS3’s internet connection if it’s already downloaded and installed. As when you hit the server timeout it doesn’t really let you choose any options, thus diabling you to play. But you can play once the internet’s off. I guess server timeout still messes with the interface access(I’m pretty sure Prologue had that happen to me before).

Outside of that it’s a lot of fun and B-spec is definitely quite enjoyable.

People on my friends list have played online already, so the servers are up. The problem seems to be the servers take a hammering. Unless it's just a fewer amount of servers so that reviews can access the online portion of the game?

Menus and music are very pleasant at least :unsure:

That sounds really well thought out - release a patch to enable the online play you haven't switched on yet. Brilliant.

Well seeing as nobody in this region should actually have the game yet I doubt we can flame them for having the patch up ready to go on day one. I guess that's one way to try and stop breaking the release date.