Gran Turismo 5 Official Thread

Harry

I'm sorry. I know i'm a graphics hoar but I think it looks amazing, i really do.

Its almost as if your comparing REAL graphics to drawn ones (GT5 vs F3). I think F3 looks great but this really knocks the wind out of me.

I'm sorry. I know i'm a graphics hoar but I think it looks amazing, i really do.

Its almost as if your comparing REAL graphics to drawn ones (GT5 vs F3). I think F3 looks great but this really knocks the wind out of me.

Potentially you mean. Have we yet seen actual gameplay footage of the full GT5? I'm fairly confident it will look that good but it's surely time for them to show a bit more? Unless they're teasing for a 2011 release...

Can I clarify something? Will Forza 3 have internal dashboards? It was the feature I enjoyed most in GT5: Prologue.

I know a lot of people here don't rate the Nascar stuff, and I'd agree, but I would ad one caveat: Online oval racing can be hilarious fun. Single player is extremely dull.

Does anyone else have the WRC licence for PS3? If not I'd be looking forward to some excellent rally stages for Poly.

They're both acting like cocks. Polyphony has also been rather arrogant, with Yamauchi stating in interviews that he doesn't "even play other racing games because they're not as good as mine". Quite stubborn and stupid obviously, and that's why it surprised me that he DID visit Turn 10 at the E3 for a spin with Forza 3.

But after Polyphony's initial attitude, it's only logical for Turn 10 to 'retaliate' in this way. It's called aggressive advertising, a bit like Sega did in the early 90's. It's a shame they're doing it like this though, as Forza 2 was already the better racing game compared to either GT4 (or GT5P for that matter, but it wasn't a full game), meaning Forza 3 has got my preference on my wanted list.

We'll find out near the end of this year. Either way, it seems like a wonderful period will start this October: Forza 3 on the 360 for when I'm at home, and GT for the PSP to play on the fly! ;)

Can I clarify something? Will Forza 3 have internal dashboards? It was the feature I enjoyed most in GT5: Prologue.

Does anyone else have the WRC licence for PS3? If not I'd be looking forward to some excellent rally stages for Poly.

Yes.

Yes, I think Codemasters has it as well (DiRT 2).

GT5 doesn't show off the car interiors enough, imo (although the interior rally shots in the recent trailer were very nice). Assuming they're fully detailed enough, it'd be ace if, when you're browsing the cars to buy at the manufacturers', there was a feature to get inside the cars and browse the interior.

Yeah well, as long as you have enough idea where the cars are. I don't think the 360 has got the power for full reflection in Mirror mode.

*edit*

Err...OH WHAT...SHIT...THIS IS THE GT5 THREAD. THEY'RE PS3 IN CAR VIEWS?

Do you really need reflections on cars in mirrors?

I know they're two different tracks and the car in the FM3 shot is probably in the shadow of the mountain, but GT lighting seems better. FM3 is like looking through a foggy soup.

Early GT5 Prologue shots has shitty mirrors as well. Must be one of the last things they sort out.

Yeah that's what I think too. Better to compare shots of shipped code.

In real life when driving at speed you don't get chance to focus and see things in the mirrors in great detail. Maybe that's the effect they're going for.

Get off the road, please. You're a danger to us all. And see an optician.

So, I fire this up tonight as I fancy a bit of racing action, and personally I prefer it to Forza mainly due to the much improved car list. Foza always pissed me off by having old versions of cars. Both the Zonda F and Koenigsegg CCX had been released and Forza had the C12S and CC8S! Fuck sake!

Anyway, Im browsing the dealerships and I spot a couple of cars I never noticed before and I could have sworn have been releasd since prologue was.

Namely the Ferrari California and the Lotus Evora. I didnt have to download any patches, have they both always been there or have they been stealthed in?

They were part of the Spec III update, which I think was released around October of last year. Especially the California is a lovely car to drive.

Still, I'm sick of updates in Prologue, I just want the full fifth installment a.s.a.p. Having GT on the PSP coming up first probably means that'll take a while, so I'll probably enjoy myself with Forza 3 for a while anyway.

• 1 month later...