Gran Turismo 5 Official Thread

Harry

So Play have a release data of december.

Is this not the case?

It seems like it though. Am I really the one who isn't surprised this will still be released in 2009?

Okay, given Polyphony's reputation, I can see why, but they HAVE to now, with all kinds of major racing games coming out.

I know a number of people who would buy a PS3 to play this.

Releasing it in December would really boost PS3 Christmas sales.

Yeah that's true. I can easily imagine Sony applyling some pressure on Polyphony to try and get this game out for the christmas period.

March 2010 in Japan?!

I don't know what to say. I guess the game has to be pretty special content-wise.

Hmm less tracks than the psp version, less enviroments too wtf has pd been doing all this time. I know a few people that will be pissed at this having gone for a ps3 very recently and with forza out in weeks its going to compound it.

March 2010 release date confirmed. :blink:

Christ, they waited for the TGS to say this too. :( Could of mentioned this months ago. That they where going to take another half a year to release it. Love the March 2010 "window". 31 days in March, was it too hard to make an actual date? This means it won't be March. This means it will be September / October 2010 for Europe/US, unless they are doing a global release, but then if they where, why now say its a tentative for Japan only.

At least 3 of those months will be reverse engineering the game to make more DLC later on.

I give up.

As ever Polyphony and Sony take everything to absolute breaking point patience-wise. It better be good when it comes out.

Lets lock this thread and return to it next year.

GT5 Modes

* GT Mode: World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Championship Race, and License Test.

* Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube.

* Photo Mode: Photo Drive, Photo Stage.

* GT TV: Improved UI, export of videos to PSP, and progressive downloading.

This means it will be September / October 2010 for Europe/US, unless they are doing a global release, but then if they where, why now say its a tentative for Japan only.

Up until this announcement, they had previously stated that the game would be simultaneously released worldwide, or at least "could" be. E.g.:

http://kotaku.com/5349871/gran-turismo-5-p...rldwide-release

I was really hoping that it would be out this December, i know it is Gran Turismo and demands such a high level of polish and that Polyphony will probably deliver another great celebration of cars, but it does kinda bug me that Turn 10 will have put out Forza 2 and Forza 3 in less than the time it has taken for GT5 to be released.