Gran Turismo 5 Official Thread

Harry

Guys, the water on the windscreen looks great but it's not a hard thing to do. It's just an animated texture...PGR4 also had good rain in the windscreen effects.

The water shading on the track and lighting though in GT5 is glorious. The night stuff and dusk, god I want this game. I wonder if I could hide a PS3 in the corner without the GF noticing...

It is looking fantastic. But god I hope you can turn all that onscreen shit off. Far too much info plastered all over the place.

Considering most cars don't have a cockpit view, I might stick with bonnet cam save changing all the time between races.

It'll be such a waste when 95% of people won't even use the in car cam because it's "too hard."

I don't not use the cockpit view because it's too hard. I don't mind hard, I'll play without assists and have the AI on hard, I just don't use cockpit view because I find it restricts my visibility too much.

I'd rather use the in car view and come last (as I usually do) than not use a feature that the developer's have spent countless man hours on to put in.

I know it doesn't match the reality of looking out a windscreen and it reduces the sense of speed but I do think it adds to the immersion factor. Which is why I play games in the first place. I enjoy the sense of panic when suddenly you can't see where you're going, which is surely why they've put it in.

I find it claustrophobic. Even when I put my room in game mode (42" on the desk, 2' from my face) I find it hard to play. It's like the car should be out of focus when look at the road but then be able to look down (head tracking?!).

I don't not use the cockpit view because it's too hard. I don't mind hard, I'll play without assists and have the AI on hard, I just don't use cockpit view because I find it restricts my visibility too much.

Yeah, I tend to find it quite intrusive. When I'm driving IRL, I don't notice the A pillar, top of the wheel or any of the instruments even though they are in my line of sight. In games, I find these things are too visible, if you see what I mean? It's liek you can't focus past them or something.

But theres many cars freed of technicalogical regulations.

:lol:

Come on Dims, try a bit harder.

e9c4k0jpg.gif

28hn4ab.jpg

That looks great! I'm gonna pop in PGR4 later and see how it compares. :)

Stunning lighting and dust but by christ it looks difficult with a wheel.

I think the person playing it is yanking the wheel around too much (he's not used to playing with a wheel it seems).

Either that or the steering linearity is, indeed, crap.

How much would a PS3 slim, G25 wheel and a copy of GT5 set me back? :unsure:

Funny, this:

I'm confident it will be a better drive than Forza 3, which I maintain is flawed in some way.

"+4 respect"

Careful, before people call you a fanboy/troll, like they called me.

"-1 respect"

:)

Either way, as I've been planning all along, I'll give this game a fair chance once it's here. See how it compares to Forza 3 and other racing games. Judging by the weather effects, the day/nighttime racing and some newly announced gameplay features, this actually has a good shot at being really, really good.

In the end it still comes down to the physics, and for that we'll have to wait until it's (finally) here. Just 1,5 more month!