Would you eat horse?

tiedtiger

I ate something questionable recently in Poland that none of us could unreservedly pin point as one meat, which I strongly suspect was something of this ilk. It was quite nice though, so I can't see why I wouldn't do it out of choice. I've had lama, kangaroo and snake before, so anything from the barnyard would be fine really.

I ate something questionable recently in Poland that none of us could unreservedly pin point as one meat, which I strongly suspect was something of this ilk. It was quite nice though, so I can't see why I wouldn't do it out of choice. I've had lama, kangaroo and snake before, so anything from the barnyard would be fine really.

Unlikely - horse is hardly a cheap meat in most countries.

And yes, I would and have eaten horse. It's only (to my knowledge) the English-speaking world that gets its panties in a twist over the thought of eating an animal far less intelligent than the average pig.

Oh, and it's delicious. My favourite red meat by miles*. Which makes its unavailability here all-the-more irritating.

*as long as it's served properly, i.e. as a rare, thinly-sliced steak.

Unlikely - horse is hardly a cheap meat in most countries.

And yes, I would and have eaten horse. It's only (to my knowledge) the English-speaking world that gets its panties in a twist over the thought of eating an animal far less intelligent than the average pig.

It's because we're more civilised :)

As a meat eater, I'd give anything a go.

As a lover of animals, I'd make sure that the animal where the meat came from was treated properly and with respect during life, and death. Well, I try to. I buy free range meats at least. Well, I try to. Sometimes I'm poor.