Heroes on BBC 2

Lorfarius

WOW! I LOVE THIS SHOW!

So many great moments. I thought the mini-trailer just before the BBC2 episode HAD BEEN A MAJOR SPOILER, but it turns out that it wasn't. And that's amazing, because of the way this show twists around.

Special applause for Masi Oka appearing opposite himself, a superb performance.

Its usually like this. I dont think any show has ever managed to do a time travel bit without some sort of paradox or mess up.

I got as far as the pilot with that one a few years ago where the protagonist could travel back 7 days (or something) to right wrongs. As soon as it turned out that his earlier self had disappeared from the past for no reason (I'm not sure they even noticed that, it was all a bit noddy), I turned it off.

I got as far as the pilot with that one a few years ago where the protagonist could travel back 7 days (or something) to right wrongs. As soon as it turned out that his earlier self had disappeared from the past for no reason (I'm not sure they even noticed that, it was all a bit noddy), I turned it off.

7 Days.

:D

7 Days.

I thought that was pretty good. Very annoyed when BBC2 just dropped it midway through a season. Bizarrely they showed the rest of the season a couple of months ago - like 3 years hadn't passed :(

Anyway, back to Heroes. You've got even more awesomeness coming up :)

• 2 weeks later...

The comic books that go along with this series are amazing. There are some wonderfull back stories.

I can't wait for the finale next week. I hope there is a fuck off fight between Sylar and Peter!

I bet there won't be though :)

Does anyone have any idea when the second series will start? I perfer watching them week by week on TV but dunno how long i can wait.

Oooooh, Heroes. You so goooood.

I got the hardback edition of the comics collection at the weekend, and it's lovely. I've read a few online, just for some extra fixes of the show, but now I've got them alllllll. Go buy it now if you haven't already, it's mucho pretty.

Anyway, finale of the show itself this week. Can't wait. For me, it's (almost) as good as Alias, which is my best TV programme ever...

I thought that the future in "Five Years..." Claire hadn't been saved and in that future Sylar had got her power and was unkillable now claire's still alive in that future because of her power like.

Yes. Then Hero went back and told Peter to save the cheer leader thus denigning Sylar her power BUT the bomb still went off, for some reason.

If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroe...vels_(season_1) and read no.30 'string theory' it vaguely explains it, but not completely.

I'm pretty sure that in "Five Years" Peter said that he was the bomb and that Nathan blamed it on Sylar. So even if Hero Killed Sylar (which he hadn't/didn't) the bomb would have still went off.

I think it's pretty much a case that the time lines are fucked and anything can happen and 'five years'is an example of what could happen if the bomb does go off.

Time travel stories alway hurt by brain.

The ending didn't really do it for me. I don't think it was bad by any means, I just didn't think it was particularly well composed.

In fact I really liked the Peter Nathan bit but just the fact that all the heroes are there at the same time and stuff felt so forced....

I desperately want to know of all the old folks powers.

I hated the awkward indication to a new big bad from Molly, it was so dramatic and eery and then it's like 'Shut up little girl we need to find Sylar, that Sauron shit can wait for Volume 2...'

Having Sylar live on? Shite.

My favourite bit was probably finding out Bennet's name.

And the clip for Series two, sure it's interesting but I find american tv so relentless, why must they always build up to the next, why can't they just wrap it up!

Good series though ;)

I must confess to being a bit underwhelmed at the end of it last night. I liked the way everyone ended up in the square but I thought the actual climax was a bit... anti-climactic. Hiro finishing off Sylar with apparent ease, then Nathan arriving to save the day Iron Giant-style (but with nowhere near the same emotional impact). Perhaps there was too much going on in the build-up and then it was all over too quickly. I might feel better about it when I've had more time to digest it.

But it was a good episode overall, not one of the best, but then again the best have been fantastic in a quite brilliant series.

My predictions for series 2 (I've no idea whether these are correct or not, this is purely based on what's happened in S1 so these aren't spoilers):

- Nathan is still alive, having flown Peter up into the stratosphere then flown away before the explosion.

- Peter is still alive too because it was established in the future episode he can survive the explosion.

- But neither brother is aware of the other's survival.

- Hiro's dad is immortal (or at least very, very old).