Sega Saturn games that you would see converted...

Asura

What ever happened to that company that did reprints of rare games, identical to the original, but sold them for a reasonable price? I'm suprised RS wasn't high on their list of titles to do.

According to another thread (can't remember what), a post by 213 claims that they continually abuse their position by reprinting the titles and selling them on eBay as a "newly found" rare copy, straight from their processing plants, for a little less (but still an unfair price) than the current going rate for such a title.

Panzer Dragoon Saga with all new textures running at 1080p without skipping any frames would be digital sex ^_^
An obvious choice here, but Radiant Silvergun redone in the Ikaruga/Gradius V style engine would be nice.
Yes, Burning Rangers would be the main one for me, too. Think of what could be done now with all those fire effects! I remember after first playing Phantasy Star Online, I thought it would be great for them to adapt that engine and online code for a team-based Burning Rangers game.

YES YES YES! :)

Silhouette Mirage and Thunderforce 5 work on the PSP which is good as the Playstation version of TFV is superior in gameplay and doesn't feature slowdown present in the Saturn version.

Yes, but SM is really quite a different game on the PS1.

I'd also say Dark Savior. I thought the chapter system was an amazing idea, repeatedly playing through the game, but with the characters having different roles and being very different. The graphics were dead ropey, and the fighting system was a bit gash, but I preferred it to most RPGs since it's all action and no turn-based stuff.

And Burning Rangers would be brilliant if it were fully realised.

Last Bronx

Really? I didn't think much of it at the time - it certainly didn't stand up to Soul Edge. Now it'd be terrible, surely?

Actually, Burning Rangers done with Jet Set Radio visuals would be great.

Sex wee.

Daytona USA.

It saddens me to think it has been left behind while Sega Rally, Outrun and Ridge Racer (its arcade rival) live on. Even Sega GT had another couple of games. Surely the Daytona fanbase is bigger than Sega GT?! What stopping Sega from doing another Daytona?

Daytona USA.

It saddens me to think it has been left behind while Sega Rally, Outrun and Ridge Racer (its arcade rival) live on. Even Sega GT had another couple of games. Surely the Daytona fanbase is bigger than Sega GT?! What stopping Sega from doing another Daytona?

Sadly Daytona just doesnt compare to the others. I own all of them and playing through the lot today and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Sega Rally is the best by far.

No, they changed all sorts, and added loads of other stuff (incl. levels IIRC). It's all mentioned in the PS1 booklet. It's also a lot harder, and thus loses a lot of the fun of the Saturn version.

*edit* here you go:

http://sfkosmo.classicgaming.gamespy.com/t...comparison.html

You could still play the Japanese PS1 version which other than slightly inferior graphics is identical to the Saturn version.

That kind of talk would have got you chopped up into little pieces if you were writing into Sega Saturn Mag.

What a bunch of obsessives.

I used to really like that mag; thinking back now though, it was ubelievably biased. It also used to piss me off that they would print some stuff in both that AND that month's CVG.

I just remembered two games I always wanted to play on the Saturn and never got to - Astal and Keio Flying Squadron. The former looked superb in motion, the latter actually had a short demo. Both of them seemed like really entertaining 2D platformers, though I don't know if either saw a full release in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Good shout that, great game that should have been released over here.

I've just found out today that it seems that 2DO Arukotowa Sandoahru was not only released here, but also fulfills the requirements of the topic... I never knew it was called "Tant-R" in the west, and that happens to be on Sega Classics Collection for the PS2, which I bought this morning! :lol: