IGNORED

Worst programmes on TV

Oh Danny Boy

Is there any program in existence that is worse than Eastenders?

Emmerdale. Just lots of boring people participating in mindless small talk about nothing in particularly.

Eastenders has been bearable recently (and I've previously always had the urge to avoid it whenever it's on). Today you had Ian's daughter nearly being taken advantage of by the funny-talking chip shop worker, and then Patrick actually said something worth listening to in the form of his speach in the pub.

Worse shows for me are just all the copy-cat reality t.v. shows that, unlike Big Brother, don't provide any insight into people's annoying behaviour towards others. Stuff like How to Look Good Naked, or Wife's Boutique (that even exist?), You Are What You Eat, anything reality t.v based around stuff like that. On t.v. Heaven Telly Hell recently, there was much piss-taking about a (sort of) reality t.v. show about some guy who's pissed off about the shit service in shops, so just visits some and causes problems he expects to be resolved without fail, then when they aren't, complains about it to camera.

*looks at ITV schedule*

Luton Airport Terminal! That as well.

Loose Women. Holy crap. It like confirms every suspicion you ever had about how boring and thick women are together without the company of men to better theirselves in front of.

Huge, MEGA high five.

Loose Women. Holy crap. It like confirms every suspicion you ever had about how boring and thick women are together without the company of men to better theirselves in front of.

:(

vidcapz771.jpg

Moan moan moan... I like to call that one Sadsack.

btw, do not google image search 'loose women'... :lol:

Dawson's Creek.

packed full with some of the most loathsome characters ever to grace a telly. little pricks who constantly moaned about *everything*, living in a bizarre town that looked like it was built by the Soviets as a sleeper agent training camp.

and it took all the attention away from 'My So-called Life...' which is the absolute pinnacle of 'teenagers-growing-up' television.

the bastards.

I hate that program more than anything! I haven't watched TV for 7 months bar when I've been round at other people's houses and it's on. My friend* was watching this the other day and they went from talking about something that sounded quite interesting about Gordon Brown's new policy on something to talking about tans being fashionable in Britain but not Asia within the same breath! It was like the programmers had said "You're losing the housewives! Tone it down! No more politics for the next three series!"

Needless to say, I was mortified.

* reconsidering this pronoun

I hate that program more than anything! I haven't watched TV for 7 months bar when I've been round at other people's houses and it's on. My friend* was watching this the other day and they went from talking about something that sounded quite interesting about Gordon Brown's new policy on something to talking about tans being fashionable in Britain but not Asia within the same breath! It was like the programmers had said "You're losing the housewives! Tone it down! No more politics for the next three series!"

Needless to say, I was mortified.

* reconsidering this pronoun

aye, daytime teevee is a confusing mix of seriousness and mindless stupidity. i remember one bit from 'This Morning' - fuck knows *why* i remember this, but anyway - they were having a 'discussion' about Paul Gascoigne beating lumps out his wife, then immediately cut to some bollocks about gardening?!

outstanding.

Can I say BBC News 24? Dunno if it counts as it's a channel and has different "sections" to it but I hate it so so much. I know you're probably quite limited with a 24 hour format but it seems worse than Sky News which is bizarre considering who owns Sky. I just find it both patronising and shallow in equal depths. As an example I've just seen the headline story which unsurprisingly is all about the stock markets - now, I realise as someone who spends a lot of time studying the markets I may want more information than others who have little or no interest, but I'm not expecting them to try and rival sources I choose to use but they seemed to go everywhere the story could go without telling us anything useful. To start with I believe one of the first things to come out of the reporter's mouth was that the London stock exchange had fallen by the greatest percentage in so long, why say this without saying how much it has fallen by? It would be like reporting on a bomb in Iraq and just saying "people have died". Then the report went on to say how there are bearish and bullish trends in the market, do they think the lowest significant common denominator are the viewers of Newsround? And this patronising spiel is repeated every time an event reoccurs more or less (or so it seems), so are they assuming the majority have forgotten since last time? Eventually they did mention how much the London exchange had dropped by, but in points rather than percentage. The talking heads were as bad as ever: "I think this is temporary" without explanation. And the item was finished with "and the US markets have rallied in the last hour before they closed", by how much? Did they close above or below their open? Above or below yesterday's close? Now, I don't personally need alot of this information but if it was about say, the Indian stockmarket I would (not that BBC News 24 is as global as their logo suggests) and they decided to throw useless information at me anyway so no harm could have been done if they'd provided some figures and maybe opinions backed up with reasoning (which would have been interesting).

Sorry to waffle on.

I find every news item irritates though, I wish the sports coverage was more diverse and I wish the coverage of military conflicts was more global too. I remember when the Tamil Tigers managed to build a plane in order to bomb an airport and it seemed to get barely any coverage at all which baffled me, they built a plane out of nowhere!

And what's worst of all is that they can do better because I have comparatively few problems with Newsnight, except not everyone can catch Newsnight...

An easy target, anything to do with property. Granted, it's on the wane now, thankfully, but I really don't give a shit if Martin and Jenny from Slough can't get that extra £53,000 for their semi, or if that old fella picks the villa in Portugal or the other villa in Portugal. It's designed for sad twats who will never be able to afford anything above a crummy ex-council flat. Who the hell wants to watch rich people spend their money?

Similarly another genre dying on it's teak-effect arse: Bargain Hunt, Car Booty, and worst of all Cash In The Attic. "Sally is going to sell off all her nice stuff so she can give her grand-daughter a big party", what a complete idiot! Add to that the appaling music that tells you exactly how to feel at any given point - my brother and I will have it on just to go "oo, it's the Sad music, ah there's the It's Getting Better music" etc.

Loose Women, yes, totally agree. A right bunch of harpies, early middle-aged MIWLFs (mothers I wouldn't like to fuck) tarted up to go on the telly, utterly tedious. Worst bit is when they get some 'heart-throb' fella on there and coo over him, no doubt as their infrequently-used netherregions tingle numbly. Can you tell I'm not a fan?

Lorne Spicer and her voice. :lol:

I remember seeing a Cash In The Attic where they were selling off grannies priceless heirlooms to purchase their twatty 12 year old kid a quad bike. A fucking quad bike.

I used to love watching the beginning of that just so I could hear my dad go "selling all that nice stuff for a fucking laptop!" or similar.

I remember seeing a Cash In The Attic where they were selling off grannies priceless heirlooms to purchase their twatty 12 year old kid a quad bike. A fucking quad bike.

It's almost always the equivalent of a quad bike, once they were selling all their old stuff so they could soundproof their garage as their son liked to play the drums - the son appeared to be around twenty years of age, the obvious solution would have been to tell him to get out.

The only time someone has spent it on something worthy was when they were helping out an elderly woman who wanted to pay for a decent hearing aid or some such (might have been a hip actually, I can't remember)... they kept their cheery tone though, the same one they use when they're informed the money will go to a space themed bedroom for little Artichoke.

And the antiques are shit too.

And the antiques are shit too.

It's not so much about how shit the antiques are, I have a big problem with people selling stuff that obviously has great sentimental value just so they can spend it on some flash-in-the-pan bullshit. It's the obsession with the money and what they'll spend it on the BBC has.... Flog It for instance, when that fella says "and what are you going to spend the money on" every time my dad would go "mind your own poxy business" which is exactly what they should say. Either that or say "no, first you tell me what you'll be spending your fee on", they'll soon shut up.

I can't stand that show, that deserves a place in this thread. Mostly every show on C4 Friday nights should be in this thread.

When did it start being exclusively for morons?

Did someone actually pitch the idea of a show fronted by the double act of a man who speaks in a broad west country accent (LOL!!!11oneone) and an exaggeratedly camp gay man (ROLF, comedy gold!!!!111oneone)?

I was just waiting to see how long it'd take for someone to mention Loose Women. It always has the effect of giving me temporary Tourettes if I happen to walk through a room where it's on, the fucking hag-cunts.

Lorne Spicer and her voice. :lol:

She makes me feel properly sick. Actually, maybe I just have some sort of hatred of middle-aged women in general.

The UK version of Pimp My Ride with Westwood 'upgrading' chavvy kids scrapheap cars is really bad.

That Joselyn thing looks really bad too, I caught a bit of it the other day and turned it off after a few minutes. It is possible for black comedians to be funny without boring on about being black (yawn) all the time, but this isnt the way.

Oh I love this forum, Cash in the bastard fucking attic makes me genuinely angry for all the reasons above....its not just selling 'nice stuff' either, once they were selling the grandads medals for fucks sake....to buy a fucking sofa or something....my dad was also watching and could barely conceal his rage at it. It wouldnt be so bad if all the contestants on it didnt clearly have more than enough money to start with. Then there is the valuations...."Well, I think these medals will go for between £60 to £100". What. Not really a fucking estimate is it? Talk about a margin of error. The medals then go for £45 or something and that fat bitch / Fogle / Fogle clone say "Oooh, just £15 under estimate!!" And the cuntestants just stand there trying to look happy. And then there is the music, some cunt is selling his family heritage to buy a new bike so they play "I like to ride my bicycle" every few minutes and fat bitch / Fogle / Fogle clone make biking analogies throughout. :lol:

[/lies down]