X Factor 2007

Thread Owner

I've not watched it, and i doubt i will, but what are the odds on:

Cowell changing his mind on someone and the camera crew running after them, they conveniently haven't quite made it out of the building yet. They re-audition and reach the finals. Cue swelling of music.

Someone they remember from last year trying again, failing, and claiming they will have a no.1 album 1 day (yes love, go to HMV and buy one like the rest of us).

A fake ceremony of camera cuts and phone calls as they decide who gets the "groups", "under 30s" etc. Cowell gets what he's had written into his contract then declares his happiness with the "draw".

Osbourne goes way over the top with her contestants, flirts with the middle aged men and hugs them a little too much.

Cowell says to everyone half decent "I can see you winning this competition", to screams from an ignorant crowd, hyperactively fuelled on sugar and pop dished out by the crew.

:( ... I quite like Simon Cowell... :angry:

I certainly have respect for him, he really knows what he's about, but I wouldn't say "like". Though there could be a hint of jealousy in that since the (then) transport secretary said that all the money generated by speed cameras in the UK was less than Simon Cowell's tax bill (and a quick google revealed they had generated a little under £20,000,000).

I watched this with the missus, and was anyone else a bit shocked to see the amount of mentally sub-normal people that were on it? It's like they rounded up all the care in the community people for this show. Sure it used to have the odd loon, but now it's full of them.

I reckon its become a totally staged show now.

My missus' boss is the uncle of a group that have been in it for the past couple of years (4-something - 4 greek lads). Anyway, the first time they did well but got knocked out, and then they got a call from the show telling them to audition again and guaranteed them to get through. Which they did. And the judges knew well in advance what they'd be getting when it all splits up.

More predictions...

Osbourne is drunk throughout the entire series of live shows and says "fabulous" constantly

Walsh adopts some outrageously camp performer(s) as his personal favourites

Cowell gets that "I could have you all sacked and / or killed" look when one of his finalists goes out

One of the judges refuses to do interviews due to some "major" voting injustice involving their act

One of the judges has a "I haven't given them my full attention" speech and promises to do better

etc. etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...
I watched this with the missus, and was anyone else a bit shocked to see the amount of mentally sub-normal people that were on it? It's like they rounded up all the care in the community people for this show. Sure it used to have the odd loon, but now it's full of them.

I refuse to watch it because of this now. I'm not so much bothered about twats who think they're the dog's bollocks and are brought back down to earth, but there are many clearly mentally disabled people in the auditions and I don't think it's particularly pleasant to watch Simon and the rest laugh in their faces. Sharon in particular should know better, I wonder how amusing it would be for her if the group started cracking up at Ozzy when he spoke and saying some of the frankly offensive stuff they say. There's being honest and there's being a complete cunt, and they crossed that line a long time ago. As a family show it makes sick.

i really do despise this show. Despite it all being a fix, the unoriginality of it all with the same format every year, its audience being treated as retards, the polluting of the environment with private jets, coaches, and stretched limo's that are used to ferry each judge around the country, as well as the polluting of the music industry.

But what really gets me is that this so called entertainment is here to abuse individuals. Kids in schools used to laugh and point at some unfortunate soul, the x factor provides the opportunity for us as a nation to do the same, in the name of entertainment?!?! Millions if us all laughing at someone because they can't sing (no different to 95% of the public), laughing at someone because of the way they look, laughing at someone while the judges (who by the way are no way qualified to judge musical talent if you look at their past records) tear the dreams of someone apart. Sure they may actually be deluded that they have any chance of a music career, but is it right for them to have that delusion ripped apart for entertainment? Then its those who do well, thrust into the spotlight only to be cast away as soon as a novelty album is released on the back of the show's success.

But this year the show manages to sink itself even lower because now school children are allowed to experience the above. Who cares if they don't have the emotional or mental maturity to cope with being laughed at, scrutinised, loved, hated, and all ending in eventual rejection whether they do well on the show or not, who cares unless Simon Cowell is making a quick buck ( i still remember uk's got talent, Simon Cowell's last money maker, where a 14 year old girl despite having the courage to perform infront of an audience received boos in return).

Is this how low we have gotten? do we have to resort to this for entertainment? I shall freely say that this show sickens me, and i will never spend a minute of my time watching it.

A panel of money mad cocksucking snobs being downright nasty and patronising to deluded unsightly people. All this so some middle classed cunts can have a good laugh at home, oh! and the people involved can make a quick buck from some generic pop shovelware and smirk at the world.

The people deserved to be made a mockery of? While you can't really sympathise with the fact they willingly went on the show, you must understand these people seem geniunely deluded.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch this last night? They did the boot camp part at the stately home, during which they showed Cowell standing, peeling a banana, saying "it's very bad", referring to everyone being shit that morning. Standard stuff of course.

Then in the 2nd part of the show at 9.30, they covered the final autions where they eliminated all categories down to 6. Different day, different location. The girls didnt do as well as hoped, some of the judges favourites wilted under the pressure. The judges expressed concern in their seats. They took a break..

CUE COWELL, FINISHING OFF PEELING YESTERDAYS BANANA, BACK AT THE MANSION, SAYING ITS BEEN A DISASTER TODAY.

THE FUCKING, LYING, COCKSUCKING fuckers.

sorry.

oh and there was a vast amount of induced tears, even from dermot. fuck. off. ITV.

Anyone watch this last night? They did the boot camp part at the stately home, during which they showed Cowell standing, peeling a banana, saying "it's very bad", referring to everyone being shit that morning. Standard stuff of course.

Then in the 2nd part of the show at 9.30, they covered the final autions where they eliminated all categories down to 6. Different day, different location. The girls didnt do as well as hoped, some of the judges favourites wilted under the pressure. The judges expressed concern in their seats. They took a break..

CUE COWELL, FINISHING OFF PEELING YESTERDAYS BANANA, BACK AT THE MANSION, SAYING ITS BEEN A DISASTER TODAY.

THE FUCKING, LYING, COCKSUCKING fuckers.

sorry.

oh and there was a vast amount of induced tears, even from dermot. fuck. off. ITV.

Erm, they never said that the second show was a different day. In fact at one point a comment Miss Minogue said made it quite clear the previous show was the same day. And anyway I'm stunned you just realised that the show isn't totally innocent-the judges wear earpieces with producers on the other end during auditions, they know exactly who will say yes and no before the person enters the room, they only see an incredibly small fraction of the people who audition for the show, the rest audition in front of producers, a number of 'contestants' are already planned to go through to the final stages as an easy way for the record companies to get their artist some great exposure. And as if they are selected a category for them-you think ego-maniac Cowell, who's production company makes the show, isn't going to carefully select the category himself and then put on an act walking into the room when it's 'announced' to him?

I like the show but it's so fake and pre-conceived that it's astonishing.

Well we're not not not sorry to not not not not say that you're not not not not not going to not not your home.

I'm sorry, but i don't..Well, i'll be honest with you. We're unanimous on this one. It's been a tough decision but we...can't send you through....to your home. Your NOT going to stay with us..because we've moving onto the next stage...and you can't...not come with us. Your going home...to prepare to not, not be going home. We couldn't...let you leave.

Contestant: What?

I like the show but it's so fake and pre-conceived that it's astonishing.

If it's so slick, why do they keep using reaction shots from day one, on day two. And does anyone believe the judges are actually phoning people when they're talking about the show on mobiles.

I'm sorry, but i don't..Well, i'll be honest with you. We're unanimous on this one. It's been a tough decision but we...can't send you through....to your home. Your NOT going to stay with us..because we've moving onto the next stage...and you can't...not come with us. Your going home...to prepare to not, not be going home. We couldn't...let you leave.

My idea for next year is to load up the final judgment with a large number of negatives and give the contestant a choice of 2 doors to go through depending on whether they *think* they got through or not. Cue lots of people who *did* get through going home because they couldn't not, not not unravel the meaning.

Of course it was on a different day. It was in a completely different location for a start. There's no way they could even have got through everything in the first show in a single day anyway.

It reminds me of the Futurama where Calculon says "i dont do 2 takes, splice in some reaction shots", and they're of him raising his eyebrows while on a tropical island, frowning in the bath etc

My idea for next year is to load up the final judgment with a large number of negatives and give the contestant a choice of 2 doors to go through depending on whether they *think* they got through or not. Cue lots of people who *did* get through going home because they couldn't not, not not unravel the meaning.

A pop version of the Crystal Maze? That could work.

yeah its very apparent a lot of it is staged now. Especially the arguments between the judges. The girlband should never have got through really - its not going to work IMO. Plus the fact its a bit unfair on the other groups.

Thought Louie was a bit of a cunt walking into the groups room and saying " i didnt want this group" several times infront of everyone.

I didn't know the scriptwriter for this year's 'competition' was posting! What's even more hilarious is that during each and every one of those pregnant pauses, they manage to fit in about thirty-five million shots of the judges looking Very Stern Indeed.

And yes, that girl band shouldn't have been allowed through. Especially the one who kept saying 'I can do the splits!' at every available opportunity. She became the Ziggy Springsteen of X-Factor.