Ninja Gaiden 2

merge

Welcome to two pages ago, jesus. <pushes up glasses>

D'oh. I had a look back and it's not like there was much talk about it.

Anyone hoping for new bosses like Ishtaros or Ryu's evil twin in Black, or will it just be made up of existing arenas and enemies from the game with the previous weapon/ninpo restrictions.

At least he explained a bit about it with his post. I didn't want to ask in case I got the same snotty arsed reply as he did.

Still at the werewolves castle on Acolyte here.

I was kidding. Jesus.

:)

AT LAST!!! Finished this last night on warrior. Two bits that really got me were the big silver train boss and the final boss. Like others I got to the final with no healing items at all, at the last shop I had enough for .....1 herb. Kicked my ass for about two weeks. Seriously considered restarting. Soldiered on and got it eventually.

Fantastic game.

Now for mentor - look for my next post round about 2012!

Those vids need watching, the guy movespams a bit but hell, it's Master Ninja with a level 1 Dragon Sword so we can let it go. Learnt a lot from that - shuriken cancels obviously, but I love the fast jump -> bounce off some heads -> instant UT on landing too, fucking great stuff. He absolutely CANES the boss, too.

The shuriken cancel seems to be as much about stopping the limbless dropping back into the crowd as stopping an animation, looking at it again. Oh man oh man oh man, it's going to be a late one tonight. May have to treat myself to a new costume too. :)

Those vids need watching, the guy movespams a bit but hell, it's Master Ninja with a level 1 Dragon Sword so we can let it go. Learnt a lot from that - shuriken cancels obviously, but I love the fast jump -> bounce off some heads -> instant UT on landing too, fucking great stuff. He absolutely CANES the boss, too.

The shuriken cancel seems to be as much about stopping the limbless dropping back into the crowd as stopping an animation, looking at it again. Oh man oh man oh man, it's going to be a late one tonight. May have to treat myself to a new costume too. :)

Shadow Walker White and Purple are best. ;)

Also, watch chapter 2, the guy is amazing. The first checkpoint in that level is madness.

Alright, so, I did the first level. Once I'd got to Murasama with enough essence to power up both sword and staff, giving me Izunas on both, things got easier though that bit on the long bridge before the skyscraper, with the rocket guys at either end and a load of ninjas in between took me plenty of goes. Ended up cheating a bit by running back to the save point after I'd cleared everything before you drop down onto it.

Can't believe what a cunt Itagaki is, there's a chest in the bit up above the bridge that has a load of yellow essence in it but if you reach it with full health it's just a load of ghost fish. :)

But anyway, plain sailing after that all the way to the boss, and after a few really really quick deaths I beasted him in about twenty seconds more by luck than judgement as the jump > XXY with the Lunar to do the Izuna does a fuckload of damage to him even if you don't get the Izuna off. Somehow managed to get behind the back of him on the final hit and took off about a third of his health.

Started chapter 2, died at the first load of rocket cunts. Amazingly I'm really pining for some fiends in the hope that there's less of the launcher madness.

Best game. Finally read the Edge review this morning and they're bang on about it - it has its problems but they all have a workaround and the combat's so fucking amazing and it's all so replayable that who cares about the camera and the odd bit of tearing. Almost made up for the inaccuracies in the SFIV preview. Almost.

Ended up cheating a bit by running back to the save point after I'd cleared everything before you drop down onto it.

Hehe, I had to do that all the time, sure beats repeatedly fighting the same waves over and over :o Not cheating!!!

Can't believe what a cunt Itagaki is, there's a chest in the bit up above the bridge that has a load of yellow essence in it but if you reach it with full health it's just a load of ghost fish. :)

I don't think it's even that, its just that randomly the chests have fish/bats in them on Mentor.. Evil indeed :D

Started chapter 2, died at the first load of rocket cunts. Amazingly I'm really pining for some fiends in the hope that there's less of the launcher madness.

hah.. don't hold your breath.. the multi-rocket guys are EVERYWHERE on Mentor.. Level 2 is a cunt. :lol:

OK, I'm really enjoying this now - after coming to an abrupt halt at the stupid silver Giger-fish boss thing. On Acolyte. Ho hum.

Anyway, was anyone else disappointed that after

the Volf boss fight, the battle against the werewolves in the ampitheatre ended so abruptly?

I wanted to clear the entire place out single-f**king-handed. <_<

I'm starting to see what people mean when they say the game trains you up though - I had a quick go on Level 1 on Mentor and was doing ok, but when I first started on Acolyte it was pretty tough in places. Nothing like Murai in the first game though....

Well I've been giving this a bit of a break due to CivRev, but I am still plodding along in Warrior without too much hassle.

Worried that I still don't block enough - keep trying to dodge, jump, interrupt their attacks with a quick ninja knife, and I will eventually run out of healing tings when I need them most.

I'm doing all of the trials again and although I cleared them all on Acolyte - they seem much harder on Warrior and not proportional to how hard the main game is on Warrior - quite expecting to get mullered and have to use many healing items on them on the next few goes <_<

Anyway, was anyone else disappointed that after

the Volf boss fight, the battle against the werewolves in the ampitheatre ended so abruptly?

I wanted to clear the entire place out single-f**king-handed. <_<

Not really, as I barely managed to kill the boss before the wolves killed me. Then it took another few attempts to beat the boss only to die again afterwards. Eventually I got there (Gleaming Blade UT for the win)

Nothing like Murai in the first game though....

Been playing NGB again and (on Hard upwards), Murai is a piece of piss. You get white ninjas in the room with him, so you kill them for essence and then UT Murai. Repeat until done. No doubt on Master Ninja you have fight Spider Ninjas and then you'll be fucked, but that's for later.

At least NGB doesn't crash on me, although it seems to get stuck in a loop on start up. It prompts you to download an update, downloads it, restarts and then prompts you for the update again. And again. And again. Eventually I had to just ignore the update, which signs you out of Live, but the game works anyway. Has anyone else had this problem?