IGNORED

24 : TwentyFour

Capwn

Chloe and Jack saying the word "pub" over and over again made me laugh. Got to admit, I'm loving the London setting. I hope Jack ends up having a scrap in the belfry of Big Ben, after chasing some bad guys up all 334 steps!

Yeah I noticed that. He didn't have time to pay. Maybe Chloe hooked him up with a card. He must have one in his bag full of goodies.

I also really wanted Jack to stay for a pint but I guess he was too busy tracking down a hot killer for that.

Also hasn't Jack learned his lesson from enterting Embassy's? Hasn't he broke into a Chinese and a Russian one and look where that got him. If he isn't careful he will end up in Gitmo by the end of the day.

Jack eyed the pint glasses on the table with such suspicion - "it comes in pints?". I also loved the way Chloe and Jack kept enunciating the word "pub", as though speaking the quotation marks aloud.

Also, Guy Of Gisborne is a total dick!

I have never seen any episode or series of 24 before but have just watched the first two episodes of this new series and, um, that was certainly 'something'. Is it always this demented?

Yes. Leave reality at the door and enjoy the ride. There's only 12 episodes this season, so WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME.

Also, episode 3: Where exactly the fuck did Heller address Parliament?

I have never seen any episode or series of 24 before but have just watched the first two episodes of this new series and, um, that was certainly 'something'. Is it always this demented?

There are a few people I know who are breaking their 24 cherry with the new series. And it must seem utterly mental to them. One guy at work kind of had a worried look on his face, when he asked me, "Is Jack a good guy or a bad guy?"

So I said to him, "You think you know Jack? You don't know Jack!!" Actually, I didn't. But I did explain that Jack is a loose cannon, who gets the job done by ANY means necessary. Just go with the flow.

The first season was a bit more serious and grounded in reality (I guess?). Then the show gradually turned crazier and more ridiculous over time. So there's been upsides and downsides but the show now is pretty different from the start.

Jack at the embassy :lol:

In the world of 24, a guy who's shagging a hot girl, who's apparently begging for sex when the guys trying to work on the computer.....

kills him, takes off her wig and turns into someone else. How long were they together, and how many times did they have sex without the guy realising it's a cheap blonde wig that pulls off instantly?

And that's why we love it.

There are a few people I know who are breaking their 24 cherry with the new series. And it must seem utterly mental to them. One guy at work kind of had a worried look on his face, when he asked me, "Is Jack a good guy or a bad guy?"

So I said to him, "You think you know Jack? You don't know Jack!!" Actually, I didn't. But I did explain that Jack is a loose cannon, who gets the job done by ANY means necessary. Just go with the flow.

I'd argue Jack is more or less a bad guy by this point. At least by the end of Season 8 he'd made a pretty full-on heel turn.

Caught up on the latest episode. God, that

parliament

scene is fucking awful.

This isn't great at all, so far, but it's solidly entertaining enough. Catelyn Stark is clearly

going to be betrayed and/or killed by the son-in-law, who is an MI6 agent who is in turn a triple agent working for some higher tier villain

, right? Also, he's not got much stamina, does he, that sex session lasted like three minutes.

Main thought on this one was.. have we had a timeskip already?

How did they get the drone pilot to London so fast??

Or the daughter get out of London so quickly by taxi??

Also.. radicalized Catlyn Stark is properly mental! :lol:

Shouldn't have watched this following the Person of Interest finale though.. it's feeling a bit lethargic by comparison.. :(

What happened with that drug dealer guy who they threatened to leave with that rival gang, after he gave them the info? Those two were talking in the car like he wasn't with them anymore. I might have missed a scene around the parliament part, as I skipped forward because I was cringing so hard at the Prez.

I don't think they showed him being let out or even a camera angle making it clear he was no longer in the car, but as you say they they were talking as if he was gone. I assumed they just dumped him at the side of the road to make his own way home whilst offscreen.