Suicide attempt Owen Wilson?

Vemsie

Yes, I saw this on Worst Previews but not seen it anywhere else until now. Weird to say the least. Surely the guy should be on top of the world? He does successful comedies (financially) and works with Wes Anderson.

i fucking love Owen Wilson, maybe he got depressed because of all the shitty comedies he's been acting in, but even then he is such a good comic that even rubbish films become watchable when he's in it. Films like 'you me and dupree' would be absolute shit if it wasn't for the talents of Owen Wilson, the man is a fucking genius.

owen wilson sucks. people get too caught up in american mainstream media. who cares if he took some pills and cut his wrists, i dont hear anyone giving their sympathy when some teenage outcast does it... but oh no, stop the presses when owen wilson does. this sickens me.

He's always pretty likeable in the films he's in.

I'm rather fond of the guy, I must admit.

Christ, he wrote Rushmore. RUSHFUCKINMORE.

He did?!? Wow, many props for that.

I feel very bad for him and his family right now, but by the same token such events help to reinforce my belief that money cannot buy happiness - which is nice as I'm really starting to doubt it these days.

I'm not a huge fan of the type of movies he mostly appears, even though he was always pretty much the best things in the ones I saw. I might be mistaken here, but didn't Kerraig once say he's an utter duck in real life. That said, suicide (or an attempt to) is pretty tragic.

Didn't he co-write Bottle Rocket as well?

Yep, good shout. And he's a great comic actor. It's not the greatest film in the world, but he had an amazing chemistry with Jackie Chan in Shanghai Noon - it showed up the Rush Hour films for the shitfests they are.

He's quietly heartbreaking in The Life Aquatic too - proving he can 'do' dark when he needs to.