NOV 5 - NEWCASTLE, UK - METRO ARENA

NOV 6 - BIRMINGHAM, UK - NEC

NOV 9 - GLASGOW, UK - SECC

NOV 10 - ABERDEEN, UK - AECC

NOV 12 - SEFFIELD, UK - HELLAM ARENA

NOV 13 - CARDIFF, UK - INTERNATIONAL ARENA

NOV 17 - LONDON, UK - 02 ARENA

NOV 18 - LONDON, UK - 02 ARENA

I've had a copy of the new album for about a week and it's a real grower. Not as loud as I was expecting after the single but it’s got at least 3 or 4 absolute crackers

It's a shame, but expected, that it's an arena tour. I wish bands who have 'achieved' would play smaller venue tours in between the larger venue tours. Probably not very cost effective for them, but, having seen the Foos at the NEC on the previous tour I have no interest in seeing them again in a similar venue, it's all so cold and souless in a warehouse.

Ooh. I saw them at their gig in Hyde Park last year and cannot recommend it enough, even with 75,000 people it was incredible. Dave really knows how to work a crowd, especially with such a back catalogue of classics and such an appreciation of music to include some fantastic covers.

I've had a copy of the new album for about a week

Seeing as it's got a September 25th release officially...I assume it's 'out there'?

Any Dutch tour dates?

EDIT: Just checked - no Dutch dates yet. Prolly after the new album's release.

Yeah PM me too, kartoffelkopf!

Sorry chaps, I didn't get it from 'out there', it's a CD review copy from the label.

They kicked ass at Meadowbank last week :)

See, living in Edinburgh has some perks !

Saw them in Brighton before V the other Friday and they were immense. Going back to the earlier poster, the Foo's are actually one band who do still play the smaller gigs. They always do one-offs before their stadium shows. They did Dingwalls before Live Earth and the Camden Underworld last year. Just keep your ears to the ground and I'm sure they'll chuck in some secret gigs before the tour in November...

Well I was on the comp well before 9 this morning and as usual wasn't able to buy any standing tickets. See wasn't working until 9:20 at which point it said there wasn't any standing left, ticketmaster just wasn't selling tickets for a while and ticketline just didn't give any standing from 9.

There any better way of going about this as it's not the first time that standing tickets seem to have sold out before the tickets are supposed to go on sale?

I don't know if I need to see them again.

I'm put off going to the O2, unless someone can confirm it's (mostly acoustic) suitability as a music venue.

The first couple of Prince shows I whent to were pretty poor acoustically at times but I think they've fixed it since, you'll have to ask Graham S. As a Music Venue it'll just be a bigger Wembley Arena with seating at the sides and at the back and with standing in the middle.

Bare in mind Prince was performing in the middle and reports from artists who played at 'the end' haven't suggested anything wrong with the acoustics. Its very intimate for such a big venue, although once again that could be more down to the Artist being in the middle.

apparently it sold out in 10 minutes... 15 minutes after that tickets appeared on eBay with a 300% markup...

BIGGER than W.A? Jesus, that must be shit!?!

It is suprisingly intimiate but as I said thats with the artist in the round. Check it out for yourself there should be plenty of pictures of the Prince, Rolling Stones and Scissor Sisters gigs on Flickr.

• 2 weeks later...