IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

Brilliant, cheers. I'm thinking I'll go for a Cowboys only subscription as it seems like playoff games and the Super Bowl aren't available for the UK anyway.

If you don't have one already I would use something like unblock-us to allow you to watch the games Sky show as I expect they will be showing at least 4 or 5 Cowboy games this season.

You can watch it them anytime you like as long as they aren't being shown by Sky, where if they are, you can't watch them live or for about a week after they have been televised.

Luckily as a Titans fan, I never get that problem, as Sky only show the same teams over and over again.

I've been quite glad the Packers are one of the teams they always show. They're pick a game seems to come from

Patriots

Steelers

Cowboys

Packers

49ers

Jets

Backups:

Bears

Saints

Ravens

It doesn't matter what teams are doing well, they just get skipped!

I've been quite glad the Packers are one of the teams they always show. They're pick a game seems to come from

Patriots

Steelers

Cowboys

Packers

49ers

Jets

It doesn't matter what teams are doing well, they just get skipped!

That is more or less all the teams they always show, even when the Titans had a great season a few years back I am not sure they showed one of our games.

I go on about it a lot in here but overall the NFL coverage on Sky is shocking really, their analysts are dreadful, games are sometimes not even shown in HD. They still don't show Redzone in HD and I always feel they don't show enough other NFL programming throughout the week apart from the odd edition of NFL Total Access.

Actually they dumped NFL Total Access from the sports channels. It was only available to watch through the Sky website last season!

Five sports channels and no room for NFL Total Access! The last time their contract with the NFL came up their was a lot of talk of them dumping it. I think this is the final season of their current contract and I could so see them ditching NFL coverage once this contract expires, as it seems to get less focus as every season passes. I can only assume the viewing figures are poor, or at least far lower than they predicted.

Actually they dumped NFL Total Access from the sports channels. It was only available to watch through the Sky website last season!

Five sports channels and no room for NFL Total Access! The last time their contract with the NFL came up their was a lot of talk of them dumping it. I think this is the final season of their current contract and I could so see them ditching NFL coverage once this contract expires, as it seems to get less focus as every season passes. I can only assume the viewing figures are poor, or at least far lower than they predicted.

When the options are:

1. Watch NFL on Sky and listen to Kevin Cadle and Neil Reynolds

2. Anything else

Option 2 is always the right choice. It seems as though more people are starting to get wise to this, or have realised the beauty of NFL Gamepass.

When the options are:

1. Watch NFL on Sky and listen to Kevin Cadle and Neil Reynolds

2. Anything else

Option 2 is always the right choice. It seems as though more people are starting to get wise to this, or have realised the beauty of NFL Gamepass.

While I agree with that, I do think the sport being Gamepass only (wonderful thing that it is) with maybe a Monday night zombie o'clock game is on Ch4/5 is not great for the sports exposure in the UK.

How Kevin Cadle has held down that job for so long is anyone's guess right enough!

I've decided (against all evidence) that a winless preseason means the Cowboys are going to do brilliantly this year; and that means I want to watch as many games as possible.

Well, I would suggest watching whilst Romo and crew are providing fireworks. Offense looks potent at least.

Then, when the defense comes out... find something else to do for a bit!

As for not seeing your team on Sky - completely empathise being a Browns fan. We didn't even get shown in 2007 when we came within a dodgy Colts backup QB of getting into the playoffs.

I really dislike the Packers. That dive by Matthew to win the flag with four minutes to go was plain embarrassing.

I think what annoys me more is they get a free pass by American fans. Always being told how classy the organisation is, they don't showboat like cam newton superman pose ignoring Rodgers wrestling belt celebration etc etc. They get stuff glossed over like when a starter went to had for dealing drugs (Jolly).

And mccarthy the guy is clueless, without Rodgers they are done.

No improvement at all on last nights showing from my beloved Packers. The O-Line and D-Line still look like they are made of soft cheese and any physical teams will cause us problems.

Think we're still good enough to make the play-offs, but I see us getting humped the second we meet a semi-decent defence again or any team that is mobile with the QB and running game. Bad draft picks on the lines have cost us badly since our last superbowl win and even then fans knew those areas needed sorting. In that time Seattle have built a defence that gets the job done and done well.

Looked like he was going for the spectacular TV hurdle and the punter didn't go low enough so he just kicks him in the face! Knee jerk reaction is he should get a suspension for that.

Ravens imploding too at the end of the half.

And jags running wild over the eagles :)