NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

I am a Browns fan since Randy Lerner bought my football team Aston Villa on July 2006. I have been following NFL since 1984 or something. I like Los Angeles Rams (Now St Louis) I just got new white Browns 32 Haden shirt. I been to Wembley about 5 times and is going to Chiefs V Lions next. Plan to go USA next September for 3-4 weeks holiday in New York (as long I can get 2 weeks off booked and my swap week off confirmed. Plan to do NY Salsa Congress, watch US open Tennis, and enjoy the sights and going to Cleveland to watch the Browns. I also hope to do Dallas Salsa Congress as well. But again it all depends on dates.

Not sure where to start with the the Browns. I just... don't know. Beyond awful.

I'd also like to thank Kyle Fuller. His pass interference didn't seem to make much difference to the Packers as they scored anyway, but it meant I didn't get a big bonus for Rodgers in my fantasy team and they're now trailing. Ugh.

Anyone got any good recommendations for weekly highlights to watch online? I don't have Sky Sports and the BBC is for some reason not starting to show highlights until week 8.

Don't mind torrenting but it would have to be highlights, I don't have the time to watch full games very often.

I did catch some of the Packers game yesterday as it was on Pick. That's some interception record.

Has anyone had any issues with their NFL GamePass? I'm getting stuttery video that's so pixellated I might as well be watching someone play Madden '92. Speedtests show my download speed is 77meg on average, I can stream 1080p 60fps videos perfectly fine and my PC is wired rather than wiereless, so I don't think it's my connection.

I've managed to figure out how to get it on my Xbox One, so I'm able to watch the whole thing in glorious HD. One slight criticism is that to get to the game, I seem to have to go to 'track every game' and click on the game I want to watch. Since the game's not live though, you get the scores. So now I know the result of the Cowboys-Giants game, but I've only seen half of it. I'll have to have a dig around some more to see if I can find a way to watch the game without finding out the result first.

Think the issues watching it on my PC are down to my ancient CPU. Checking performance, it seems to hit 100% for a while when the video starts to stutter and then to drop the quality. Not sure why GamePass would do that to it when watching other videos doesn't, mind you.

Ravens D kept it close, but we didn't have much on offence. Now Terrell Suggs is gone for the season with a torn Achilles, that could well be our season done.

Not all bad though, in fantasy land Jason Witten's last second touchdown won me this fantasy matchup (The red line is my score, I took the lead at the death):

Oh, and Dez Bryant is out for 4-6 weeks with a broken foot. Curses, he's my #1 WR.

post-8893-0-29328200-1442239415_thumb.jp

My Fantasy team had a 'mare :(. Ty Hilton was scoring nicely but then got hurt, I started Richard Rodgers over Jason Witten, Vinetari got no points at all, the Ravens managed to open up some run lanes but only when Buck Allen was on the field, not Forsett... ugh! I am 30 points behind but with Julio Jones and Ryan Mathews playing tonight, as well as the Eagles defense. Just got to hope it's massively high-scoring with plenty of turnovers for Philly.

My fantasy team wasn't looking good for a win this week until Carlos Hyde tore a huge hole in the Vikings defence. :)

Corrected for me. Although I felt it made up for the pain of picking up James Jones (Packers recruit after Edleman went out and scored 2 TDs) but not having him on the bench.