NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

Good win for the Patriots and was happy to see my 49ers win aswell in a defence heavy match, so happy they signed darrell Jackson, he was the corner stone of my Seattle offence in Madden for decades.

I love seeing the Niners play in that throwback uniform! Reminds me of the 80s when I started watching the game.

Sunday Sept 16, 6pm

Texans at Panthers

Colts at Titans (LIVE on Sky)

49ers at Rams

Saints at Buccaneers (LIVE on Sky Interactive)

Packers at Giants

Bills at Steelers

Bengals at Browns

Falcons at Jaguars

Sunday Sept 16, 9.15pm

Seahawks at Cardinals

Vikings at Lions

Cowboys at Dolphins (LIVE on Sky Interactive)

Chiefs at Bears (LIVE on Sky)

Jets at Ravens

Raiders at Broncos

Sunday Sept 16, 1.15am

Chargers at Patriots (LIVE on Sky)

Monday Sept 17, 1.30am

Redskins at Eagles (LIVE on Sky and five)

If I watched all of the Sky live games I'd be getting divorced. I'll definitely catch the Chiefs Bears match and then see what else I can get away with.

I am indeed - I spent most of 2001 living in Chicago and it stuck.

Good work!

I've been a fan since '84. The only time I've been to Chicago was in the 2001 season. Saw an OT win in Soldier Field's final year. I was virtually in tears.

If you ever want to chat with Bears fans in the UK go to www.beardown.co.uk

Good work!

I've been a fan since '84. The only time I've been to Chicago was in the 2001 season. Saw an OT win in Soldier Field's final year. I was virtually in tears.

If you ever want to chat with Bears fans in the UK go to www.beardown.co.uk

Thanks for the link - just registering now.

Does anyone here play at all? I'm considering getting back into it but getting all the way to Finsbury Park for it every week is such a hassle.

I'm rather ashamed I never played kitted at least as a teenager. We'd play in school and pretty much every day after school, but never organised or kitted.

Its such an experience, and it really gives you a completely different understanding of the game. The level of play amongst the better teams in this country is pretty impressive too considering they're limited to one proper training session a week usually of which most of it has to go into basic technique and footwork drills. I really miss it but deep down I don't think I can take the 3/4 days a week of pain that tended to follow training.

Its such an experience, and it really gives you a completely different understanding of the game. The level of play amongst the better teams in this country is pretty impressive too considering they're limited to one proper training session a week usually of which most of it has to go into basic technique and footwork drills. I really miss it but deep down I don't think I can take the 3/4 days a week of pain that tended to follow training.

You played league not university?

I started at youth level and then did a bit of senior, it was a really huge jump up to the senior league in terms of how strong everyone is and how seriously they take it.

From what I've heard the senior league can get pretty rough, unlike at university level. At uni it seems to be a bit of competitive fun, but many in senior league have their life revolving around the game.

I used to watch Cardiff Mets at the Arms Park as a kid and in the mid-90s used to film games for Gwent Mustangs.

From what I've heard the senior league can get pretty rough, unlike at university level. At uni it seems to be a bit of competitive fun, but many in senior league have their life revolving around the game.

The thing is with the better teams in the senior league if you don't do a full strength training regime, like 3 or 4 sessions a week (plus training on sunday and usually sprint traing mid week) you won't start unless you're some kind of natural born athlete. Now thats a big commitment for an amatuer sport so the guys who do play it are really fucking serious about it, and its only getting more like that now that guys are able to use it as a stepping stone to NFL Europe.

The thing is with the better teams in the senior league if you don't do a full strength training regime, like 3 or 4 sessions a week (plus training on sunday and usually sprint traing mid week) you won't start unless you're some kind of natural born athlete. Now thats a big commitment for an amatuer sport so the guys who do play it are really fucking serious about it, and its only getting more like that now that guys are able to use it as a stepping stone to NFL Europe.

That's a very good point. Will the death of NFL Europe change that you think? I know a Brit is on the Bears' practice squad now.

That's a very good point. Will the death of NFL Europe change that you think? I know a Brit is on the Bears' practice squad now.

I don't think it will have an affect on player's attitudes in the short term because people have seen that its possible to get to the NFL, which will be motivation enough. Whether it will be possible without the NFL europe stepping stone is another story.