NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

What a great start to the playoffs, wow. Refs tried really hard to give it to the steelers, but they came through in the end. That non-call on the facemask in the 4th Q was a joke.

I'm off to the Chargers game tomorrow. Could end up closer than the books are saying, I think.

Giants by DD tomorrow. Heart says chargers blowout, but head says the titans will keep it close. We'll see.

Chargers are easily good enough to been the Titans. Just stick to the game plan. Soften then up with LT and then throw to Antonio Gates when we have to.

The only disappointing thing is that I think we'll come undone against the Colts/Patriots because we don't have a standout Wide Receiver and Quarterback combo, there just aren't any big completions in the team.

Chargers are easily good enough to been the Titans. Just stick to the game plan. Soften then up with LT and then throw to Antonio Gates when we have to.

The only disappointing thing is that I think we'll come undone against the Colts/Patriots because we don't have a standout Wide Receiver and Quarterback combo, there just aren't any big completions in the team.

We got a standout TE and RB combo though. Best in the league imo. I'm more worried about Norv, especially against the Titans. Hope it doesn't come down to coaching today.

Terrible start for the Giants. Getting rolled early.

I really wanted the Bucks to win that early game as the NYG win sets up a divisional match up for The Cowboys next week. It's hard to beat the same team 3 times in 1 year in the NFL but it is what it is, i kinda knew the Bucks where not for real and expected this but, :s really didn't want it

The College finals are on Monday in New Orleans aren't they?

Go Tigers.

what a huge non event this has been so far LSU has scored 31 points un-answered points, the BCS needs playoffs

OSU just scored another quick turnover and this might turn into a game

picks for this weekend

GB over Seattle - Seattle is a horrible road team this one still should be close

Indy over SD - don't see manning throwing 6 ints this time

NE over JAX - I would love to be wrong on this one

DAL over NYG - if TO plays, without him i don't think Dallas can win this

picks for this weekend

GB over Seattle - Seattle is a horrible road team this one still should be close

Indy over SD - don't see manning throwing 6 ints this time

NE over JAX - I would love to be wrong on this one

DAL over NYG - if TO plays, without him i don't think Dallas can win this

The home teams should win all of these, but I'm just not sure. Take out Indy and NE and you have six very ordinary teams.

only NE stands out IMO but you can't really let their once in a life time season take away from what the other home teams this week have done this year 3 13 win teams and a 16 win team has to be an NFL first. In any other year a 13 win team would be an instant SB favorite

In any other year a 13 win team would be an instant SB favorite

Not really. The Bears were 13-3 last season thanks to an awful NFC as the post season started no one felt they'd win the Super Bowl.

The NFC is comparitively awful, and has been for years.

As for the Colts, I don't ever remember a team winning the Super Bowl one season, winning their division the next, yet still largely ignored going into the divisional play-offs. They have no pressure whatsoever.

Quite fancy the Jags to beat NE. If any team is going to stop NE, I reckon it'll be them.

Plus, for a Floridian team, they love the cold.

you should look up the NFC vs AFC team results for this season the gap is not what it once was, only AFC team i'd say would be a huge SB favorite is NE both a healthy Dallas and GB are perfectly capable of beating the rest of them

i' about to lose it right now, what a hart breaker

Phillips needs to go his job is to get the team ready to play and they where not

He did get them to 13 and 3, which is rather better than they've done in recent memory. You can't go sacking coaches after one year (and after a winning season to boot) just because they didn't make the SB. You'll be going through a coach a year, if you're the Cowboys!

Having said that, shit shit shit shit fuck! I thought it was our year this year, I really did.

you know after a pretty meh December Phillips said and i Quote "I'll have this team ready to play in the playoffs, we'll be ready" where they? Seems to me they guy was to busy telling the media about the 13 wins when he should have been focused on getting his team ready. This is Barry Switzer all over again only this time we have no SB to show for it i say they should cut their losses now with Phillips before we're back to 5-11 and in cap hell again, it's already kinda started with Crayton getting his new deal.

Don't even get me started on Tony Sporano the guy was busy running around interviewing for jobs in the weeks leading up to this rather then getting the o line ready that o line looked out of sync all game couldn't even do a damn shotgun snap properly, at least this problem solves it self as he's pretty much taken the HC job in Miami

We'll see. If LT is fit I think the chargers will give them a bloody good run for their money. There's a growing confidence about the bolts. It's kinda eerie.

I'll be betting on the chargers for sure.

Chargers - Packers Superbowl?

That's what I'm hoping for, but only because I hate the Patriots and most of their idiotic fans.