The Wii is taking the p*ss

Sigourney Beaver

During a routine scan of the coming soon pages yesterday, I noticed this game on GAME's site:

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat...&mid=331735

To my knowledge, Monster 4x4 is still the only moster truck Wii game so I thought I'd keep an eye on this new game's development.

Then to my surprise as I browsed the shelves of Poundland today, I come across this:

WTF?! :)

I bought the game to see what its like. I'll post a one word opinion later.

:wub:

Seriously though folks, I'm getting a wii in a month (as part of a free mobile deal) and despite lazy ports like that and this

0000051234.jpg

(The GF's parents bought that piece of turd for their grandkids on the PS2 for about 4 quid from Choices a few months back...)

The wii will serve it's purpose now as an adequate second console. With the insane popularity of the thing there has got to be a shit load of quality material coming out in it's second year. Look how DS shone after devs realised it was a goldmine :lol:

Nintendo really needs to reintroduce the quality control that it dropped during the GC era. They're the only manufacturer without it now; all you need to get your game on the Wii is cash, which is why the GC had shovelware that was rejected from PS2 and Xbox.

You're not familiar with Midas then?

Or content approval being illegal in the EU, apparently.

Nintendo really needs to reintroduce the quality control that it dropped during the GC era. They're the only manufacturer without it now; all you need to get your game on the Wii is cash, which is why the GC had shovelware that was rejected from PS2 and Xbox.

Eh? A lot of the shovelware the Wii is getting now was originally on PS2. And I still haven't seen anything on the Wii as bad as the hilarity of London Cab Challenge on PS2, it was fundamentally broken.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8qbSISQI4

Eh? A lot of the shovelware the Wii is getting now was originally on PS2. And I still haven't seen anything on the Wii as bad as the hilarity of London Cab Challenge on PS2, it was fundamentally broken.

That's tragic :wub:

Love the manufacturers description for it too (taken from amazon.co.uk):

Welcome to the London Cab Challenge--a London taxi driver simulation game.

Here, your will have to work on your driving skills, upgrade your vehicle and climb higher in the rankings.

The more experienced you are, the more sophisticated tasks you get, but rewards will also be higher. Just as in real life. Enjoy this function filled blockbuster.

Obviously they were never going to describe it as a broken Crazy Taxi clone that's still six months from being alpha ready, but still, gotta admire that level of cheek!

Oh. my. god.

If I'd not seen the clip with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed you!

Gawp in awe as vehicles appear about 2 vehicles length away from your car.

Scream in terror at the landscape literally forms mere metres away from you.

I'm stunned that it actually received a release! If only the PS2 equivalent of Amiga Power was available. I'd love to have read the review.

I NEED this game!!

If I can get this cheaply I NEED it!