Bangai-O Spirits DS

shynra

I can't even do the last tutorial mission :lol: does it click? Am I being dense?

Don't be stingy on the EXs. As soon as the blast door opens, release an EX to destroy the turrets on the ground (homing/bounce works well enough) then boost into the fray and immediately release another EX up (remember to wait for bullets to almost hit you for multiple bonuses!). Follow the destruction north which should clear the whole left half. Then it's a matter of strafing over the divide with your guns locked down, taking out the machine gun mech, while using the rest of your EXs. Beware of rebounding bullets from the shielded core at the bottom natch. Also, you really don't want napalm shot for this.

I can't stop messing around with the editor on this. I just wish it was wifi compatible...

I can't even do the last tutorial mission :unsure: does it click? Am I being dense?

Took me a lot of tries too.... you can see an example of level completion in the attract mode... on the main menu press B to bring up 1 of 3 demos... if its the wrong stage press A to skip then B again to bring up another demo... one of them is the last tutorial level

took me quite a few tries too...

p.s. with the ninjas, I just switched to napalm and the level was ridiculously piss easy... weird...

That level is soo much fun, i did not use the napalm but i used the baseball bat - line them up and hit them through the wall - lots of fun! A few of them are a little away from the wall so you do trade damage but its worth it.

The tutorial is ace, though. The bit about the multiplying homing shots that don't appear and the other guy says "Sounds like a bug..." had me grinning. I dunno. I'll see what the main game is like.

:unsure:

Now you know what I mean when I say I miss the story from the original DC version. Each level was like that.

Just finished the tutorial. Managed it without ever fully understanding what I'm actually doing. God knows how I'm going to cope with the real levels.

Reassured by this thread that it all eventually falls into place. Just hope I have the patience to get that far.

Same thoughts...

Sadly, it's not clicking with me yet.

:lol:

Once this game make sense OH IT MAKES SENSE.

I finished the Treasure's best levels today. Every single one brilliant. What a game. By the end I was so in tune with the game that it was just me against the enemies. The controls are perfect. The last run of levels are mental, in the best way. Still hundreds of levels to go through, ace! :lol:

Easily my fave game on the DS.

Basic quick guide to those starting. I'm no expert but this got me through. This is for the fighting levels:

Break - 95% of the time this should be one of your weapons. Eats through twice as many bullets as anything else. It goes through 2 enemy bullets rather than one, basically.

Homing - Pair this with break on open levels.

Bounce - Pair this with break on closed levels.

Napalm - Amazing against ninjas. For levels you're having trouble with ninjas, use break and this, and unpair them at the start, otherwise it'll make your break less effective (like that tutorial).

Bat/sword/shield - Didn't really use, the bat is amazing fun but hard to use.

EX weapons - tended to use break + homing or bounce as above, didn't really use the others.

Depends on the situation really. It's good against individual big enemies. If you're surrounded you want them spreading out, or if there's say 10 enemies in one direction you can throw a non-direct EX that way and take them all out. I didn't find a lot of use for Direct myself. That level where you take on massive bosses is a good one for it, though.

I'd argue that homing + break would be better almost all of the time.

Edit - just read up on Direct a bit, apparently it splits its payload on up to five targets. I'll give it another go but I'm not convinced, EX attacks for me are as much about clearing everything and creating breathing space as doing concentrated damage.

It's all about the EX attacks if it's not clear. Hold your EX attack, wait for enemy bullets to get close (makes your bullets bigger), release, collect fruit, repeat. That's the key really.

yeah man.

its just so different from the original though. finished that without much trouble. this one drive me crazy. Mainly been using the combinations you suggest too

You mean this? I can't find the other, and I"d really like to see the faster one!

I'll admit, I've only got 10 seconds for Yamato...

Hmm, this is my first attempt, so please tell me if it doesn't work properly but here's a replay of me doing The Earth in 13'11 seconds.

Give it a few tries when you do try and load it, I've found that the sound loading is extremely sensitive - needs an exact volume, complete background silence and then some luck to work properly...

Hmm, this is my first attempt, so please tell me if it doesn't work properly but here's a replay of me doing The Earth in 13'11 seconds.

Give it a few tries when you do try and load it, I've found that the sound loading is extremely sensitive - needs an exact volume, complete background silence and then some luck to work properly...

Bloody hell. :( Good work! I can get a minute 5. Must try harder.

Once this game make sense OH IT MAKES SENSE.

I finished the Treasure's best levels today. Every single one brilliant. What a game. By the end I was so in tune with the game that it was just me against the enemies. The controls are perfect. The last run of levels are mental, in the best way. Still hundreds of levels to go through, ace! :(

Easily my fave game on the DS.

This. Knowing what weapons suit what situation will take a while, but after some experimentation you'll just usually settle with your favourite set-up and ignore the rest, unless the level dictates that you use a bat or reflect or some such.

Direct's great for narrow corridors but not so great for the wide open levels as, as mentioned above, the missiles only spread into five separate packets of destruction, leaving plenty of openings for incoming missiles.

It's an incredibly simple, absolutely stunning game. Goddamn, the inventiveness of some of the levels! I just finished all the puzzle ones - Light my Fuse is a bitch. Took me 21 tries. :D