IGNORED

All things Yakuza! - Start with Yakuza Zero

womblingfree

On 19/11/2021 at 08:04, Totoro said:

Just got 6 in the sale. Close to the end of 2. Thinking to skip 3 4 5 for now…or would that be crazy.

I started 3 and 4 and gave up on them after an hour or two. I just watched the story bits on youtube. 5 is a fantastic return to form though. Don't miss that one.

Goddam it's jarring coming back to an game engine where you have to click A to enter shops and shit in Yakuza land. 

And the fights have to load a bit. 

Been spoilt by the last few years of Yakuza games. 

On 23/11/2021 at 14:32, Orion said:

I started 3 and 4 and gave up on them after an hour or two. I just watched the story bits on youtube. 5 is a fantastic return to form though. Don't miss that one.

I've got the collection disk with 3, 4 and 5 so may as well give it a go, if I'm not enjoying 3 i'll watch on youtube then skip to the next.

Got like a dragon as well now, £20 on Amazon today. So i'm all set with the series!

Kiwami is set at Christmas so lots of Xmas songs in the shops and eateries. 

Have to say loving revisiting this again. It's just comfort gaming and suits my ADHD perfectly. So much to do and yet it's never overwhelming me and never gets old. 

Tonight I had an encounter with Goromi and I had forgotten about that somehow. 

I need to jump back In on 4, think having played through 0 - 3 and then starting 4 over a 6 month period really did it for me. 3 was especially tough and felt like a slog in places, despite being the shortest of the lot story wise.

With 4 I did like the introduction of new playable characters (and the weird rooftop route shenanigans). I think I had just finished the first chapter and started the prison but need to replay a previous save to refresh my memory.

11 hours ago, cassidy said:

Kiwami is set at Christmas so lots of Xmas songs in the shops and eateries. 

Have to say loving revisiting this again. It's just comfort gaming and suits my ADHD perfectly. So much to do and yet it's never overwhelming me and never gets old. 

Tonight I had an encounter with Goromi and I had forgotten about that somehow. 

Oh nice! Tempted to push on and finish Zero soon so I can play Kiwami while 'tis the season.

2 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Oh nice! Tempted to push on and finish Zero soon so I can play Kiwami while 'tis the season.

Meant to be tradition that they are all set around December/Christmas time. Kiwami 2:

Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Christmas.thumb.jpg.50f48553f13dd2e4a0692e56a27590b1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Meant to be tradition that they are all set around December/Christmas time. Kiwami 2:

Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Christmas.thumb.jpg.50f48553f13dd2e4a0692e56a27590b1.jpg

This looks like some kind of Yakuza trap to catch Santa, steal all his presents and force him to pay protection money on his toy workshop.

Bit of a weird one but in Yak 5 I'm getting a save error saying that an error has occured whenever I go to save. It's also not showing any of my previous saves... I'm still playing along on Quick Save and these seems to have happened since this morning but I've put about 5 hours gameplay in. Not sure if I should risk playing the entire game on Quick resume alone and hoping it works til the end or quitting and restarting. So annoying. Seems to be a bug on PS5 and Series X.

Turned off the console to have some tea, came back to run Quick resume and it refused to load. No matter what I did kept sayign corrupt saves so I deleted the saves off the Xbox, rebooted the game and then from the main screen was able to sync the save file from 2pm this afternoon. Basically lost around 4 hours game time but its still working. Really not sure if it's worth carrying on and might have to do a Youtube run to see the story. So frustrating.