All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced

womblingfree

Yakuza 5 completed, good game, loved how each character had their own mini game even if I hated the dancing. Going to play a few other games before starting Yakuza 6 the final game in my Yakuza catch-up.

Just finished Kiwami, really enjoyed it.

Was recommended to skip this one when I was playing through the others ( shouldn't of! ) glad I went back to it finally. 

Quite lightweight compared to some of the others, but some really good story foundations are set for the future games.

On 01/10/2022 at 14:36, Keyboard Koala said:

That hostess mini game in Yakuza 0 is addictive as hell. Best way to make a lot of dough in as little time as possible.

Best suite of associated tunes in any game ever too, mini or otherwise:

Talk about fucking heat action 🔥 

29 minutes ago, Totoro said:

Just finished Kiwami, really enjoyed it.

Was recommended to skip this one when I was playing through the others ( shouldn't of! ) glad I went back to it finally. 

Quite lightweight compared to some of the others, but some really good story foundations are set for the future games.

I did not skip any. After Like a Dragon went back to the beginning to play them all. Only Yakuza 6 left to go.

13 hours ago, carlospie said:

I did the management game, then went to face some boss

He's level 50! I assumed it's one of those Bosses you can't beat, but oh no. You gotta beat him 🤦‍♂️

I levelled up to 55 before tackling the higher bosses. Was still difficult but manageable.

That cologne released last year I think, I got a bottle for Christmas. I optimistically thought the design would be etched onto the glass but it's just a wee sticker.

I wore it to celebrate getting the Yakuza 0 platinum trophy, with a wee dram of Lagavulin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's taken me approx 18 months but I've completed the Yakuza games.

Completed Yakuza 6 yesterday.

I have enjoyed the games very much and just surprised that I took no interest in the games when they were released and ignored them for many years.

It was not until the switch to turn based with Yakuza 7 that it brought the games to my attention.

Looking forward to Gaiden this year which I will be buying day 1, I'm now a fan of the series for life.

Just a general question...

I absolutely loved Yakuza 0, but was fatigued by playing another (Kiwami) immediately after. Following a break, I quite enjoyed playing Like A Dragon - but haven't gone back to finish it (yet).

What advice would you give about going through the entire franchise (+ Judgment) which I feel, for the most part, covers a lot of similar ground over subsequent games?

I started with Zero as per the advice here and I’m now part way through 5. I leave a few months between finishing one and starting the next though, I don’t think it would be good to do them immediately after each other.

I’d say they are all worth playing though, they all bring something new to the story and it all fits together nicely.

While there's an a ongoing storyline they are all quite standalone as well. Like a Dragon is a must but for just dabbling in the games beyond that a good selection would be Kiwami 2, 6 and Lost Judgement. They are all in the modern game engine and play and look nice with good stories. The first Judgement is a bit dry at times for my taste and Lost Judgement has much better combat - you can definitely skip the first one.

4 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Bloody hell that's some feat. The Judgment games too? I love these games with all my heart but I need at least a couple of months break before finishing one. 

I played Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2 back to back them took a break before enjoying 3 & 4 together. The last two took me a while to complete.

I have the Judgment games to play which I will start after playing a few other games.

I'm just glad that I got a chance to go back and enjoy them all and correct a big mistake in my gaming history.

3 hours ago, smithstock said:

Just a general question...

I absolutely loved Yakuza 0, but was fatigued by playing another (Kiwami) immediately after. Following a break, I quite enjoyed playing Like A Dragon - but haven't gone back to finish it (yet).

What advice would you give about going through the entire franchise (+ Judgment) which I feel, for the most part, covers a lot of similar ground over subsequent games?

Split them up I felt fatigued after playing the first three games and took a break to enjoy other games but then the characters and story drew me back.

Cripes; this series now has its dragon claws firmly in me :o

Thought I'd take a break from it after completing both Zero and Kiwami, but seeing Kamurocho brought to life in true next/last gen visuals using the Dragon engine made me start Yakuza 2 kiwami all the same.

Great to see more people realising how great yakuza is but it also makes me jealous at I've got no yakuza goodness to play until we get ishin :(

It must be out soon, right? Padme? I'll die of a broken heart in a future where everyone can get cyber limbs and entire body really easily just like you if not!

On 08/01/2023 at 12:59, Darren said:

I leave a few months between finishing one and starting the next though, I don’t think it would be good to do them immediately after each other.

Rubbish go all in! I played the lot one after the other, bar Like a Dragon which was first and all of the Judgments on at the end. Greatest gaming year of my life.

27 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Great to see more people realising how great yakuza is but it also makes me jealous at I've got no yakuza goodness to play until we get ishin :(

It must be out soon, right? Padme? I'll die of a broken heart in a future where everyone can get cyber limbs and entire body really easily just like you if not!

It's out next month amd I can't wait either!

19 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Cripes; this series now has its dragon claws firmly in me :o

Thought I'd take a break from it after completing both Zero and Kiwami, but seeing Kamurocho brought to life in true next/last gen visuals using the Dragon engine made me start Yakuza 2 kiwami all the same.

Love love loved Kiwami 2, the characters, story and visuals are just sublime.