IGNORED

Best Simpsons season

McSpeed

Hutz: All right gentleman. I will take your case. But I will require a thousand dollar retainer.

Bart: A thousand dollars? But your ad says "no money down".

Hutz: Oh, they got this all screwed up.

YX2KS.jpg

Jimbo: Nice PJs, Simpson. Did your mommy buy 'em for ya?

Bart: Of course she did. Who else would have?

Jimbo: ...all right, Simpson, you win this round.

It has so many absolute rock-solid classic moments that I would say that it's simply impossible to argue against.

"Hello Homer. This is God

frey Jones from the TV magazine show Rock Bottom."

Every element of that joke is brilliant, especially the voice acting on Homer's tentative "...y'ello?"

As Graham Lineham says at it's peak there are jokes that are laugh out loud so often you can miss loads unless you watch them again.

Good call on Homer Badman, was my favourite as a kid. Currently the Grimes episode is my favourite.

It subverts the whole show and points out how ridiculous the simpsons is. Interestingly that book about zombie simpsons points out the episode as a turning point, where afterwards the show become too knowing and self-referential.

Which season has the Bobo the bear episode?

The whole Burns birthday party scene is amazing.

WTF? I grew up on The Simpsons. Which until a couple of years ago was on BBC rather than Channel 4 (who notoriously cut it to fuck), and I don't ever remember the, "go to hell you old bastard" part of that. It makes me wonder how many other little lines and things people like me, only familiar with British tv showings have missed.

WTF? I grew up on The Simpsons. Which until a couple of years ago was on BBC rather than Channel 4 (who notoriously cut it to fuck), and I don't ever remember the, "go to hell you old bastard" part of that. It makes me wonder how many other little lines and things people like me, only familiar with British tv showings have missed.

You mean like this bit from Bart The Fink?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUh-CLGiPw

(Sorry about the poor quality)

Ironically I think that edit to Bart the Fink that cut out the 'oh, crap!' bits actually made it much funnier. You had the accountant unwittingly selling Krusty out then just sitting back and smiling like he was ahead of the game. Far neater.

I watched the Grimes episode with my girlfriend the other day, and to my surprise, she didn't laugh once. She even said she found it upsetting and "disturbing". Odd.

I felt the same way. It's got a really weird Franz Kafka vibe to it; that of an ordinary man going crazy as he tries to work out the unspoken and abnormal logic of the world around him. Yes, it's very knowing in making us consider how insufferable Homer would be if he really existed, but it sits awkwardly between writers' naval gazing and trying to make a half serious point.

Grimes episode is fantastic, one that really sticks in the memory. Another old favourite was the X-Files episode with ridiculous moments like Moe "Quick, get the whale back to Seaworld!" and "He's brining us love, don't let him get away! BREAK HIS LEGS!" :D And Mulder's FBI badge picture.

Whatever season the grimes episode was in was the first season i remember noticing the quality going down a notch. Even the Grimes episode i didnt like at the time (and still dont really like now). Seasons 2-7 are absolute gold. Some of the best comedy of all time. From 8 onwards it gets patch, and then pretty much anything in the 2000's onwards is garbage tier 0/10 would not exist in the same plane of reality as.

RaAhBBk4Thz4gq55rFKZpjzIo1_r1_500.jpg

The old animation has so, so much more charm than the horrible clean sterile new episodes too :(

One of my faves, that. "Wait a minute, there's a lemon behind that rock!"

And "Rocky VII, Adrian's Revenge!".

:D

I used to watch the Simpsons obsessively! I can't believe how completely uninterested I am in any of the new series. The Simpsons has had the biggest fall from grace I've ever known.

I'd love it if Netflix got the rights to show the early seasons. I'd love to watch them again, but I can't be arsed with DVDs these days.

Man the lemon tree episode is incredible

"now if you dont mind, all this talk has made me kinda hungry.."

Favourite episodes would probably have to be (dont know the real episode names)

Homer Badman

Lemon tree

Bart joins the Junior campers

Cape Fear

The cape fear episode in itself is incredible for just how amazing a piss take of Cape Fear it really is. Ive never been able to watch that film since without dying laughing thinking about Sideshow Bob strapped to the underneath of the car. "Lets drive through that cactus patch!!"

Whatever season the grimes episode was in was the first season i remember noticing the quality going down a notch. Even the Grimes episode i didnt like at the time (and still dont really like now). Seasons 2-7 are absolute gold. Some of the best comedy of all time. From 8 onwards it gets patch, and then pretty much anything in the 2000's onwards is garbage tier 0/10 would not exist in the same plane of reality as.

RaAhBBk4Thz4gq55rFKZpjzIo1_r1_500.jpg

The old animation has so, so much more charm than the horrible clean sterile new episodes too :(

You mean seasons 1 - 7.

Season 8 is perhaps a bit sketchy, but You Only Move Twice is perhaps my favourite episode of all time. The Bond pastiche is amazing in so many ways (love Homer dealing for the poker game), but so many great lines too:

"Your dreams may vary from those of Globex Corporation, its subsidiaries and shareholders"

'What's your least favourite country, France or Italy?"

"France"

"Nobody ever says Italy..."

"You have any sugar around here?"

"Sugar? Sure"

[gets sugar from pocket]

"There you go. Sorry it's not in packages. Want some cream?"

"Uh...I... no"

Plus, I love the whole finale of Scorpio having so much fun fighting off all the troops, and Homer just dejectedly walking out, totally oblivious. "Homer, on your way out, if you wanna kill somebody, it would help a lot".