IGNORED

Best Simpsons season

McSpeed

• 1 month later...

I don't know if its been mentioned but as a kid, I remember the comics being quality as well from the small number I had (remember nothing about them now). Have those gone to crap as well I wonder.

The first few issues made into a rip off poster of the Fantastic Four 1 cover.

I used to watch the Simpsons obsessively! I can't believe how completely uninterested I am in any of the new series. The Simpsons has had the biggest fall from grace I've ever known.

It's certainly had the longest fall from grace.

What are viewing figures in the States like these days?

I watched the brand new episode yesterday. Haven't seen it in at least 5 years other than the odd 5 minute on c4. I was laughing quite a lot at it, almost felt a bit "classic" at times. Might start watching again.

HD era Simpsons is a lot closer to classic Simpsons than anything between series 12-19. I kinda think its close to series 1 In terms of feel. A lot of episodes are more Bart focused, they tried to fix some of the characters they broke and homer is toned down. It's no where near as funny or clever and there's still a high number of duff episodes (not the beer) but its not as bad as it has been. God how I hate episodes around series 14, they were the worst.

Marge: Have you noticed something different about Bart?

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: No. He just seems disturbed lately.

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

Homer: My own son going on his first date. (singing) Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset, Cats and the cradle and the silver spoon. Yes, we have no more bananas. (starts sobbing)

Marge: Have you noticed something different about Bart?

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: No. He just seems disturbed lately.

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge: I guess we could get more involved in Bart's activities but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

Marge: That's not what I meant.

Homer: It was, Marge. Admit it.

Put the quotes together, like they're meant to be!

• 5 months later...

Yes, so am I, but where does it say that?

Al Jean has been saying it in recent interviews for the new season.

For The Simpsons, the 21st century began with the death of Maud Flanders. Now after 14 years, the producers intend to kill off another regular character.

Executive producer Al Jean admitted as much in a recent phone conference with the press, promoting Sunday's 25th season debut of The Simpsons.

"I'll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won't say who it is," Jean said cagily.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/entertainment/archives/2013/09/20130928-084628.html

Watched And Maggie Makes Three the other day. Definitely in my top 5.

In my Top 2 (with Fish called Selma) - Bowling marketing scene is one of my all-time favourite scenes.

"my stunt attracted a record number of police and fire officials, but few stayed to bowl"