IGNORED

Bad live performances by anybody!

elmo

Sadly I can't find any videos of Sisqo doing The Thong Song this one time, I think it was on CD:UK. Basically he kept singing it with red leather trousers and a matching jacket and whenever it got to the breakdown part he'd dramatically/sexily/whateverly pop his jacket off his shoulders and throw it off the stage; this was usually followed by all the girls in the audience going 'WoooOOOoooo!' a bit like when someone got a peck on the cheek on Saved by the Bell. This time it didn't go quite so well, he threw the jacket back and it fell down OK but when he went to throw it in the final part of the motion the sleeves decided they weren't going to be giving his arms back and we got the treat of seeing the dreamboat spinning and flapping around on the stage trying to get free like a cross between a demented fish and someone who's been told to bite their own elbow.

A couple of other obvious ones:

Michael Jackson feat. Jarvis Cocker

Ashlee Simpson's bizarre Irish jig

I'm sure that was Hetfield getting burnt all over. I think he stood on top of a giant roman candle or something.

That was during the Guns N' Roses / Metallica double headlining tour. The gig was at Montreal's Olympic Stadium, and the pyro crew had apparently moved some of the big bang stuff, without telling anyone. Hetfield stands next to one of the big flash pots, it goes off, as does the skin of his arm. End of Metallica set.

Evening gets worse as GN'R come on, Axl chucks a wobbly, stomps of, band follow 5 mins later when they realise Axl's not coming back. Gig cancelled, audience informed, who decide thats just not cricket, and a riot occurs in the stadium, destroying the Stage. :ph34r:

Rock & Roll, you just can't beat it!!

Velvet Revolver at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2007

Seriously, what the fuck? I'm not exactly a fan of them, but they've never pissed me off or anything, so I didn't have a grudge heading into this. But this is SHIT. Slash is playing in the wrong position during Ain't Talking 'Bout Love (which would be acceptable if he wasn't a supposed guitar god), and even then he still fucks up. More than once. The sound is muddy and shit, the whole thing screams of pub band, especially that FUCKING singer (has someone told him he's not in the Rolling Stones?) who's just sounding like the old, fat, slightly mental bloke who sits in the corner of the pub drinking stout all night before getting on the karaoke to slur Chubby Checker songs. Except the VR guy is a lot more of a prick.

And I think the second half of that was supposed to be Runaround, but it's just a random jam with them shouting "Round and round" over it.

And this was at the rock and roll hall of fucking fame.

Jesus.

EDIT: The comments in the vid are hilarious. :ph34r:

That was during the Guns N' Roses / Metallica double headlining tour. The gig was at Montreal's Olympic Stadium, and the pyro crew had apparently moved some of the big bang stuff, without telling anyone. Hetfield stands next to one of the big flash pots, it goes off, as does the skin of his arm. End of Metallica set.

Evening gets worse as GN'R come on, Axl chucks a wobbly, stomps of, band follow 5 mins later when they realise Axl's not coming back. Gig cancelled, audience informed, who decide thats just not cricket, and a riot occurs in the stadium, destroying the Stage. :lol:

Rock & Roll, you just can't beat it!!

He didn't even go on stage, it was because he thought Hetfield was trying to upstage him by getting 3rd degree burns and having to be rushed to hosptial. Metallica played out the rest of that tour with some roadie playing guitar and Hetifeld just singing.

Worst live performance for me is RHCP Dublin 2002, awful truely awful nearly as bad as their sunstroke 95 appearence.

Fucking hell, what an embarrassment that band are. I saw them supporting the Foos in London and they were all like 'Come on! Let's remember 9/11' or some other bullshit, except he sounded like a complete pussy and no-one was impressed. I'm all bands with positive messages or whatever, but not fucking fannies.

If I can spot the At the Drive-In moment when Cedric (or Omar) starts calling the fans Sheep and starts "Baa!"-ing.

There we go.

"Are you all typically white people?" That's dodgy as fuck.

I'm surprised at seeing that, I saw them live a few times and they just politely asked people to dance rather than going totally mental which was a request I quite admired but I never saw them be such dicks about it. There was something about one of their friends dying in a crowd watching a band, wasn't there? Something like that.

"Are you all typically white people?" That's dodgy as fuck.

I'm surprised at seeing that, I saw them live a few times and they just politely asked people to dance rather than going totally mental which was a request I quite admired but I never saw them be such dicks about it. There was something about one of their friends dying in a crowd watching a band, wasn't there? Something like that.

Not a clue but I feel since becoming The Mars Volta, the fun's been sucked out of those people entirely.

I mean, that was tops. Now they moan if somebody lights up during a gig.

Speaking of shit gigs, I've got Still which contains one of Joy Division's off-days. The synth is completely out of tune for Decades. I've also got Jimi Hendrix's Live at the Isle of Wight DVD. With the accompanying documentary, the band members describe the gig's as a disaster, despite the fact it's still a tremendous show.

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Not a clue but I feel since becoming The Mars Volta, the fun's been sucked out of those people entirely.

I mean, that was tops. Now they moan if somebody lights up during a gig.

Speaking of shit gigs, I've got Still which contains one of Joy Division's off-days. The synth is completely out of tune for Decades.

There's that, but then you get their Preston gig, which is legendary. Mind, I wouldn't say that was a bad live performance.

I'm tempted to get the Special Eds of Closer, Still and Unknown Pleasures that have sprang up in HMV for the live performances they stick on to a second disc.

I keep telling myself I'm 'done' with the band and then they fling out more CDs. It's not a Joy Division gig unless Ian moans about feedback. I've also got their live set at Leigh Rock Festival '78. By all accounts that was a shitty gig, too. The band where grand, Ian moans about feedback and most of the crowd were made up of bands waiting to come on.