Nottingham Rock City (25)

London Brixton Academy (26)

Glasgow Carling Academy (28)

Newcastle Carling Academy (29)

Bristol Carling Academy (December 1)

Manchester Apollo (2)

Birmingham Carling Academy (3)

Reading Rivermead (4)

Tickets on sale on the 21st from here and probably elsewhere, Bristol is already on sale (sold out on the web - TicketWeb still have tickets if you phone them on 0844 477 2000). Tickets are £19.50 + obscene booking fees.

No London date on that site?

Yeah, the site isn't a reliable indicator but it's hard to find sites with 'em listed yet. Ents24 has some of the others, but it's only just been announced a couple of days ago so I think most ticket sites haven't got their act together yet.

They are /brilliant/ live.

I still find it weird that QOTSA got so big, not that there's any real reason for feeling that way but I just find it hard to reconcile in my mind. I remember seeing them at the wee Cockpit in Leeds and we were surprised it was so busy, now the Apollo's a small venue for them.

I still find it weird that QOTSA got so big, not that there's any real reason for feeling that way but I just find it hard to reconcile in my mind. I remember seeing them at the wee Cockpit in Leeds and we were surprised it was so busy, now the Apollo's a small venue for them.

Was that the one just before they released Rated R? I was at that show :ph34r:

It was, yeah! With the blinking eye projection thing behind them. There was a strange incident out the back afterwards when we noticed Nick Oliveri having a cig on the steps, there was this guy talking to him who was basically the stoner rock equivalent of the comic book guy from the Simpsons and he was going through all these pictures he'd brought in some sort of weird Kyuss family album saying 'This one's my favourite of you.. I like this one of Josh.. This is a nice one..' etc. etc. You could tell Nick Oliveri just wanted to get away from him so he gladly started signing some posters my mates had nicked from inside, much to the geek's disgust. About all we knew about Nick Oliveri at that time was that he had a bit of a reputation as a mentalist, managing to get kicked out of The Dwarves and stuff, so our initial worry at encountering him in a dark alley soon turned to bemusement that he was actually too polite to tell an obsessive nutjob to fuck off.

Shit - you're gonna say you were that guy now, aren't you?

It was, yeah! With the blinking eye projection thing behind them. There was a strange incident out the back afterwards when we noticed Nick Oliveri having a cig on the steps, there was this guy talking to him who was basically the stoner rock equivalent of the comic book guy from the Simpsons and he was going through all these pictures he'd brought in some sort of weird Kyuss family album saying 'This one's my favourite of you.. I like this one of Josh.. This is a nice one..' etc. etc. You could tell Nick Oliveri just wanted to get away from him so he gladly started signing some posters my mates had nicked from inside, much to the geek's disgust. About all we knew about Nick Oliveri at that time was that he had a bit of a reputation as a mentalist, managing to get kicked out of The Dwarves and stuff, so our initial worry at encountering him in a dark alley soon turned to bemusement that he was actually too polite to tell an obsessive nutjob to fuck off.

Shit - you're gonna say you were that guy now, aren't you?

I found him very polite, appreciative and engaging. He loved my collection. Then he bottled me and burnt my scrapbook :(

Brixton for the Lullabies to Paralyse tour wasn't too bad at all. Left with a certain amount of tinitus, but it was one of the few times I've been there where I was happy with the sound for the actual gig. Have faith that the Queens will tweak it.

That said, I'll be hunting for Notts Rock City tickets (Leicester locality, you see?).

http://www.gigantic.com/gigantic/home_quee..._stone_age.html

Are claiming there are still Rock City tickets to buy (also other venues). Got mine at 9am with ease.

Saw Queens on the Songs for the Deaf tour at Rock City and they fill the venue wonderfully. It's not too big, not too small and it almost feels as though you're on the stage with them (and it's fairly easy to slip backstage - bumped into Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet on my last back stage visit (pre OD) stood outside his dressing room chatting away to all and sundry = me all dumbstruck of a fellow I've followed since my teen years). Easily my favourite east midlands venue.

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed on the local reading gigs site that QOTSA are playing the Rivermead here.

Now I'm not sure if the band even realise this... it's a sports hall. a fairly small one. with a crap bar that takes forever to get to. HOWEVER! It is by far the smallest venue on the tour, and they usually get a solid sound and lights setup for the stage, which is good.

i'm totally going, as it will be 10 kinds of awesome!

Better to find out now i guess :( Just checking his myspace page and he's playing Yankland at the time, I d/l'd the Soulsavers album, Revival is good but wasnt too sure about the other stuff. Looking forward to checking out the Gutter Twins stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

elmo & anyone else who has bought tickets for the end of November dates.

have any of you received your tickets yet? if anyone else is doing nottingham, specifically the Rock City tickets.

we all bought around about the time of the postal strike. I've not seen my tickets yet. I'm just looking for confirmation from others before I approach Gigantic (the ticket reseller).

have any of you received your tickets yet? if anyone else is doing nottingham, specifically the Rock City tickets.

we all bought around about the time of the postal strike. I've not seen my tickets yet. I'm just looking for confirmation from others before I approach Gigantic (the ticket reseller).

I got mine for Glasgow but that was ebay job

I ordered two pairs seperately, the ones I ordered second arrived a few days after the strike finished, the ones I ordered first haven't turned up yet.

Luckily it was mine that are already in hand, so that is ok. Ish.