Queens of the Stone Age UK Tour

Halo

Quick response from Gigantic customer services. Worth posting in case anyone else used them.

Their allocation of tickets for the Notts Rock City gig were sent yesterday, second class post, so should start arriving from saturday onwards.

Meh! I can live with second class (providing I've been organised enough to buy tickets well in advance of gig). I started using them cos they are east midlands based (my region) and due to them being vocal about donating 10% of booking fees to good causes - now it's as much habit as anything else that I turn to them first. In a world where ticket resellers (in my experience) were only about ludicrous charges on top of high cost tickets and take take take I find it refreshing that there is a reseller with a slightly different angle.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 2 spare tickets in the circle for the Brixton. If you want them, they're £57 for the pair I think (£21.50 face value, order total was £52 including fees, plus paypal charges (removed if you do a bank transfer) plus special delivery to you...I'll check the maths later but the £52 is definitely correct) and they'll be listed on eBay today. For more than that.

PM me if you want them.

I now have 2 spare tickets in the circle for the Brixton. If you want them, they're £57 for the pair I think (£21.50 face value, order total was £52 including fees, plus paypal charges (removed if you do a bank transfer) plus special delivery to you...I'll check the maths later but the £52 is definitely correct) and they'll be listed on eBay today. For more than that.

PM me if you want them.

Seated?

Make sure you get there in time for the support slot by The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, I'm going just to see them for the 6th time this year. I don't know anything by QOTSA apart from the obvious singes, first time I've ever been to a major gig just for the support. 80's Matchbox :ph34r:

What are they like live now, by the way? I was afraid the wheels were going to come off when Andy Huxley left and I wasn't that convinced by the last EP either, the lead track was decent enough but that was it.

New guitarist, Rich Fownes, doesn't bring as much personality the band as Huxley did, but his playing and backing vocals are good. I saw Huxley's new band, Vile Imbeciles, supporting EMBD this year, it was like some kind of whacked out heavy thrashy jazz rock. Crazy but good.

EMBD are still incredible live, Guy McKnight is more possessed than ever and seems genuinely unhinged/psychotic. He's got a detached vibe about him, really unpredictable and entertaining. First time I saw them he was running up and down the bar kicking everyone's drinks over, then writhing around in the broken glass/ashtrays screaming into the mic. The bar staff looked fucking terrified.

Most of the live set is new stuff and Horse Of The Dog material, usually the entire album, and just a couple from Royal Society like Mr Mental and I Rejection.

Great, great band.

Seated?

Yeah. Unreserved seated...theoretically if you get there early you'll get the best seats in the house. Theoretically.

What are they like live now, by the way? I was afraid the wheels were going to come off when Andy Huxley left and I wasn't that convinced by the last EP either, the lead track was decent enough but that was it.

They're fantastic. I'm only going because I went to the Wireless festival, mostly to see the White Stripes, with QOTSA the second headliners...much like the poster above I only knew the obvious ones and I'd been listening to Era Vulgaris a bit before as it had just leaked...and they blew the White Stripes (and everyone else...except maybe Los Campesinos...) away. And over the hills and far away too, for that matter.

That's good to hear. I've only seen them twice, one time they were awful (quite possibly due to the sound often being crap at that venue) and the other time fantastic. When he went on one of his wanderings in the crowd at the second one I was quite concerned that I was going to have a fight on my hands for my jacket, such was the way he started eyeing it. Hopefully they'll be back around this was before too long.

Make sure you get there in time for the support slot by The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, I'm going just to see them for the 6th time this year. I don't know anything by QOTSA apart from the obvious singes, first time I've ever been to a major gig just for the support. 80's Matchbox :wub:

Somehow I missed that. When was it confirmed? That is quite awesome...I wasn't expecting a support act I've heard of.

Somehow I missed that. When was it confirmed? That is quite awesome...I wasn't expecting a support act I've heard of.

Was confirmed a week or two ago:

www.eightiesmatchbox.co.uk/

Josh Homme is a big fan, apparently.

I've only ever seen them at small venues, 100-200 people max, be interesting to see how they deal with a larger audience.

New video:

Ah, misread elmos postthe following post was written believing you were at Rock City

Rock City? My other half and I were there. We'd have been the midgets (5'4" and 5'8" respectively) in the moshpit near the huge chap in the white t-shirt toward the right hand side speaker stack - you know the chap who only had to flick you and the mosh flew sideways with the force

great fun - didn't think much of the 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster but thought Queens delivered a great set across all the albums - not too "Era Vulgaris" centric.

Been a while since I've seen Rock City that rammed - really jammed us all in didn't they?

set list:

Hanging Tree

Burn The Witch

Misfit Love

Do It Again

You Would Know

Go With The Flow

3s and 7s

No-One Knows

In The Fade

Turning On The Screw

Little Sister

Battery Acid

Make It Witchu

The Bronze

Lost Art of Keeping a Secret

Sick Sick Sick

encore:

Feelgood Hit Of The Summer

Song For The Dead

it was one of their best tonight. I mean really.

They played Infinity. thats all i need to say.

They played Infinity.

PS: If ANYONE can get me tickets to the secret gonzo gig next week... i'll give head.

Yeah me and friend were the only ones who recognised infinity. People around us look baffled.

Otherwise it was good. A total crush at the front.

Got pinned to "that" barrier in the crowd a lot, and today feels like my spine fell out.

Their new bass player looked like a fan who'd won the spot.

Looked way younger than the rest of the band!

Joey looks more like Lou Ferringo day by day

That mikey shoes, he's 22 and a fucking fantastic bass player. Man can scream to! I would have prefered him singing Millionaire at the end but hey it was still pretty damn good.

The new version of feel good hit was another high point! 'Try to make me go to rehab but i say NO NO NO'

Loved it

Over on the rekords rekords QotSA forum there's a chap dishing out audio of some of the recent concerts from his minidisc. Go take a look see if Brixton is available. Notts from Sunday night is (albeit at low quality mp3 but it's better than nothing - claims to have lossless also - will keep my eyes out for that).