Heroes Season 4

CactuarBill

Personally I quite enjoyed the season at the start, but felt it was dragging on too much once we found out that there would only be 11 episodes and nothing had happened yet. It really picked up towards the end, but I was frustrated with the last episode for some glaring problems with it. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is the vault where the virus is stored. Surely I wasn't the only one thinking, "Just walk through the fucking wall". Sadly it stood out then as a plot device to fill in some more of the 45 minutes.

Oh and I think Nathan getting shot is possibly the best thing to happen to the series so far and I hope they dont bring him back. At the very least there wont be any more cringe worthy Peter / Nathan "I love you, your my brother" moments.

I thought it really picked up towards the end, I had no idea it was only going to 11 episodes. Just when I was starting to enjoy it a lot more as well. Hiro went 'back to the future' and Syler was becoming his more menacing self again, even Noah was starting to grow on me. I wonder what they have planned for season 3 If its going to be Syler based....

Syler could kill Matt and use his mind control to create his own horde of zombie slaves...

Peter just seems to powerful, I have no idea what they are going to go with him, but it would be amazingly shit if he where to lose them all again. Im sure Im not the only one sick of Peter trying to control his abilities. I think Peter will go into depression and mince around getting drunk for 10 out of the 11 episodes.

Syler could just start looking for Claire again...then where back at season One. Maybe he could find Adam instead and just take his regeneration....

Syler should kill Molly and take her power before Peter gets near her because if Syler had that ability it would make it so much more entertaining with him knowing where everybody is. But I dont see much chances of an 11 year old getting decapitated on a prime time show...fingers crossed though

Does incineration kill every virus? I'd rather know that for sure before trying to destroy the virus the way Peter did. Could that dust still be infected?

It wasn't incineration. It was extreme irradiation, like how he nearly exploded last time.

Except, I think so. I can't be 100% sure he isn't thick enough just to burn it.

Right now I'm watching episode 10, the series has definitely heated up since episode 7. 1-7 for me have been quite general in terms of the first series, but now it's all hitting off, I'm getting more excited, the way I did with the first series.

Only major issue I have with series 2 is that it shows too many new characters with shit rehashed abilitities or just shit abilities full stop (I.e. Mexican Twins!) it's worked into a good season finale however and I am very interested to see what happpens next in these last upcoming episodes I am still yet to view.

Downloading the entire series of Heroes so far I haven't felt any regret, a decorator I occasionally work with told me how drawing this program is, I never believed him until I took the big step (for me) and downloaded that first episode. Once I saw it I was hooked :unsure:

Now, just like The Sopranos & Weeds I have to wait to find out what happens and from what I've seen so far, Heroes is the worst for leaving cliffhangers, even if it's sometimes VERY predictable.

Series 2 has pissed me off a lot more than the first though.. Caarrp.

Just reading through the thread again, thanks for some people not putting spoiler tags!! only got episode 11 to watch, the series hasn't been as good as series 1, however... i like what they've done with it. It's a shame it's ended now as it was just beginning to get good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep, watched it all, it's all terrible, Season 1 did have some decent moments though. Overall my main problem is with the acting, it's really awful, at least half the cast can't act. It's hard to blame the actors though considering the writing they have to work with. With some skillful editing you might be able to get a decent miniseries out of it when it's all done.

Hope this hasn't been posted - I haven't seen Season 2 yet so I steer clear of this thread -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35569

I've been extremely busy here at the Berlin Film Festival having already screened a dozen movies. Full reports on those to follow soon. But first I wanted to pass along some bad news -

Today I got to spend 20 minutes with everyone's favorite cheerleader, Hayden Panettiere. She is promoting her new film FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN. Anyway, she confirmed that even though the strike is over, Heroes is definitely done for the season. New shooting will not start until April which she will arrive a bit late for as she will be finishing up another film in Canada. So I guess we have to wait until at least September. Full transcription of that interview coming after the festival.

As much as I want to love this show, I'm inclined to agree with Meh. The only reason the show picked up, if at all it did, in the last few episodes it's because they were forced to jam pack everything in because of the writers strike, and that actually made it a much better, fast paced show.

The first few episodes of season one were the best thing ever, it had me hooked, but as soon as they started that save the cheerleader crap it began to tumble. I still want to like it, and I'll give Vol. 3 a chance, but shows like Lost, The Wire, 24 and Prison Break have moved up above this one for the moment.

• 1 month later...