Heroes Season 4

CactuarBill

It's amazing that they've created something worse than season 2. Just incredible.

Yes, on the whole season 2 was shit. But I still stand by the fact that Takezo Kensei/Adam was an awesome villain. Only wasted by the, as usual, atrocious scripts. Then they gave him the shittest death ever. ;)

Fair point. I'm going to go with the fact that they were one off uses of his power, whilst the battle with Peter had basically drained him so when the other specials buggered off he had nothing left to draw on.

I should write Heroes, really.

Actually, that's quite a good explaination, and seems kind of obvious now I think about it. I didn't consider that he absorbs the power for use later.

Yes, on the whole season 2 was shit. But I still stand by the fact that Takezo Kensei/Adam was an awesome villain. Only wasted by the, as usual, atrocious scripts. Then they gave him the shittest death ever. :(

I didn't get that death at all. Thought he was going ot come back to life shortly after.

Well, it still hasn't captured the mystique and intrigue of season 1, but it's on the right track. Should have known better than to come here and expect positive feedback, though :(

So why did this only get 19 episodes this season?

Probably because NBC are showing the winter olympics, which starts tonight.

So it's totally cancelled.

Is that a fact, or just Meh being Meh?

It's amazing that they've created something worse than season 2. Just incredible.

Oh, tish and fipsy!

Season 2 was awful. It was like Smallville lite. Never has a show fallen so far in in the space of moving from one season to the next. Season 4, dodgy accents aside, has been the closest to Season 1, IMO. 3 was a mess and never knew where it was going. At least 4 had a decent story arc from start to end.

There's no point in having a good story arc though if the show itself is full of utter shit characters. Claire and Peter can fuck right off. Parkman does fuck all now but moan. Even Ando and Hiro were ruined, mainly because the writers thought it would be funny for Hiro to turn into a mental.

Decent story arc? Have you developed Hiro powers and watched another season by accident? Mad carnie from out in the skits decides he wants to give everyone a home with special powers then changes his mind and wants to kill everybody with his magic powers that shouldn't work turning on and off at will yet not when they would actually be useful. Hiro goes a bit nuts and changes a few things, saves the day and goes on about destiny yet again. Pete and Sylar appear at the end of the season almost have a scrap and Pete saves the day. Parkman shows off his skill at burying people in his basement and leaving them down there to rot. Claire ruins most of the episodes with her adventures on her never ending period and amazingly Nathan dies far too early to get shot for the big final. Sums it all up, shite.

Oh, tish and fipsy!

Season 2 was awful. It was like Smallville lite. Never has a show fallen so far in in the space of moving from one season to the next. Season 4, dodgy accents aside, has been the closest to Season 1, IMO. 3 was a mess and never knew where it was going. At least 4 had a decent story arc from start to end.

Decent story arc? Are you kidding me? Samuel was absolutely shit, and sounded like a retard. Claire and her daddy took up most of the screen time with their endless tedium. The deaf character was shit. The carnies were shit. It fell back on time-travel yet again for numerous things, and once again totally showed that its writers have no idea how to 'do' time travel. The lesbian thing was a big lol. They turned Sylar, who's generally the bad-ass doesn't-care type in the show, into a GOOD GUY.

Season 3 was really hit-and-miss, but it was leaps ahead of this horrible thing.

I also like how Bennet was happy to expose Claire to Ted going nuclear, yet in a later series he tells Claire that her blood can't help kill Hiro's cancer as cancer is living cells, and so would actually just make it grow.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the dangers of radiation that it can cause cancer?

Hiro's cancer

What

I found myself (after like 15 SHIT episodes) actually interested in knowing what would happen in the next episode. Until I hit episode 19. Just terrible.

Also, Sylar being scared of being alone for 'eternity' is not a reason why he would become good. Has he not heard of rape.

I've finally caught up, watched all of the episodes that was broadcast this year in the last week. This volume is absolutely shite and the last couple of episodes had a ton of plot holes. And what the fuck has happened to Sylar? He's truly a pussy now. Who writes this stuff?

EDIT: So can someone explain these stupid plot holes:

So how come Parkman tried to stop Peter from getting into Sylar's mind, but when he does get out of his mind, Parkman is nowhere to be seen but the wall is fully built? Did Parkman think "Ah fuck it", build the wall while Peter was comatose and then just leave him? And what about his wife, he told her to only come back when he gave her the signal but has seemingly forgotton about her?

Where did Peter get his flying abilities? The last ability I saw him with was the one that Parkman had. I thought he could only hold one ability at a time now.

And all that time at the carnival, Sylar was busy tying the Puppetmaster up? Fuck me, Peter was amazingly trusting to just leave Sylar to his own devices, eh?

Speaking of Sylar, I swear he didn't have much of a problem with the Puppetmaster before. So how come he looked pretty helpless and the Puppetmaster controlled his limbs? Sylar has his full power, why didn't he use it there?!?!

And since when did they turn multiple-copy man? One minute, he's in Parkman's house assaulting him, next minute he's telling his carnie mates that he was the killer. I suppose Parkman could've pushed that thought into his head, but they didn't exactly make that clear, did they?

And speaking of things happening in the carnival, a whole load of the Heroes confronted Samuel, only to let him run out onto the stage, announce himself, spend a minute or two promising the audience he'll give them a show and then only then (after he started to cause an earthquake) did they run out? WTF?

And are they all monumentally stupid or something? Samuel is just an ordinary man, why couldn't one person simply punch his lights out? He's not fucking Sylar! Problem solved there and then!

It's like he even SOUNDS like a pussy now.

So Sylar's some sort of goody two shoes pussy now? Oh dear.

Remember those days way back in season 1, when you couldn't see his face and he was all bad ass, like a force of nature, leaping hundreds of feet into the air when cornered in an alley, leaving the heroes to go, "Whooaa! Who is this guy??"

Good times.

And since when did they turn multiple-copy man? One minute, he's in Parkman's house assaulting him, next minute he's telling his carnie mates that he was the killer. I suppose Parkman could've pushed that thought into his head, but they didn't exactly make that clear, did they?

That was really clearly explained, actually; Parkman'd told him to "do exactly as he was told" or some shite before the scene ended.

So Sylar's some sort of goody two shoes pussy now? Oh dear.

Remember those days way back in season 1, when you couldn't see his face and he was all bad ass, like a force of nature, leaping hundreds of feet into the air when cornered in an alley, leaving the heroes to go, "Whooaa! Who is this guy??"

Good times.

There's not a single ounce of malice in the character now. In the space of like two episodes we lose the baddie and gain this fucking abomination.