Heroes Season 4

CactuarBill

I decided to assume Peter got his flying power from Sylar. I'm not too sure how Peter selectively picked just that one power from Sylar, but as the writers couldn't be bothered to work out how Peter's power worked, I'm fucked if I can be bothered.

So how come Parkman tried to stop Peter from getting into Sylar's mind, but when he does get out of his mind, Parkman is nowhere to be seen but the wall is fully built? Did Parkman think "Ah fuck it", build the wall while Peter was comatose and then just leave him? And what about his wife, he told her to only come back when he gave her the signal but has seemingly forgotton about her?

Why was Parkman content with bricking a serial killer up in his own fucking basement? Where on earth did he get a supply of bricks and cement ready to do such a whimsical thing?

why doesn't peter just copy Sylar's powers then he's back to how he was.

Since he lost his powers, then got his main power back with the injection, back in series whatever, he can only hold on to one power at a time.

I assume this applies even if the person he is getting the power from has multiple powers, and that he can't take Sylar's ability to hold on to multiple powers at once.

The basic problem is that the writers realised that having "specials" with a huge assortment of powers, and the ability to get any extra ones they need, makes things a bit boring, as they can easily defeat anyone else/destroy the world/whatever. That's why each season has to start with some stupid reason for Peter and/or Sylar to have lost all their powers.

Why was Parkman content with bricking a serial killer up in his own fucking basement? Where on earth did he get a supply of bricks and cement ready to do such a whimsical thing?

He said to his wife that he was going to show Sylar what he'd done to the basement (or similar). That his wife didn't question this suggests that he had actually been doing something down there, and possibly explained why he had the bricks and cement.

I agree it's odd that he seemed to finish building the wall whilst Peter was unconscious and leaning against it.

But seriously guys, I think we're think way too hard about these things, and certainly much harder than the writers bothered to.

why doesn't peter just copy Sylar's powers then he's back to how he was.
Since he lost his powers, then got his main power back with the injection, back in series whatever, he can only hold on to one power at a time.

I assume this applies even if the person he is getting the power from has multiple powers, and that he can't take Sylar's ability to hold on to multiple powers at once.

Actually, for a start, Sylar's actual (main) ability is to be able to find out how things work (usually by slicing the person's head open to look at the brain), while Peter's old ability was to be able to copy the abilities of others by simply being in proximity with said person. If Peter somehow managed to ape Sylar's ability, he wouldn't be how he was, he'd only be able to acquire powers by slicing people's head open to look at their brain, which of course he clearly wouldn't do.

Peter's current ability is to be able to copy someone's power only by focused touch (and only hold one power at a time, seemingly). Essentially it's a different power to what he had before.

He said to his wife that he was going to show Sylar what he'd done to the basement (or similar). That his wife didn't question this suggests that he had actually been doing something down there, and possibly explained why he had the bricks and cement.

I agree it's odd that he seemed to finish building the wall whilst Peter was unconscious and leaning against it.

But seriously guys, I think we're think way too hard about these things, and certainly much harder than the writers bothered to.

Maybe, but there has to be some logic in what happens in the show, otherwise what's stopping writers from being stupidly lazy, writing anything to suit their whimsical minds, whether it makes sense or not, and explaining it away with silly excuses?

Actually, for a start, Sylar's actual (main) ability is to be able to find out how things work (usually by slicing the person's head open to look at the brain), while Peter's old ability was to be able to copy the abilities of others by simply being in proximity with said person. If Peter somehow managed to ape Sylar's ability, he wouldn't be how he was, he'd only be able to acquire powers by slicing people's head open to look at their brain, which of course he clearly wouldn't do.

As he's said himself, Sylar doesn't need to slice people's heads open, he just likes to. Arthur and Elle taught him how to acquire powers using empathy, just like Peter did.

Even if he needed to slice a head open, Peter could get Sylar's ability to understand how things work, then slice Sylar's head open, and get all his powers, then pop his head back on, as he would heal anyway.

Maybe, but there has to be some logic in what happens in the show, otherwise what's stopping writers from being stupidly lazy, writing anything to suit their whimsical minds, whether it makes sense or not, and explaining it away with silly excuses?

Judging by this season, absolutely nothing.

• 2 months later...

Terrible. Literally a total waste of everything they've built up, I had a vague hope they might bring back some of the good characters they killed for effect in earlier seasons (Adam! - one of the best villains wasted in a pointless cameo) but no. I can only imagine what horrors they'll produce next season given how low they've managed to set the bar for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
don't popular TV shows that end get cinema-release movies these days?

Only problem with that theory is that Heroes hasn't really been popular for a while now. The only reason its lasted this long is that NBC's ratings are in the shitter.

Oh shut upppp. I'm obviously exaggerating when I say it's the best news ever

But just a bit.

You won't find much in the way of praise for the show in here anymore anyway; it's completely lost its way in every... way. We do, however, enjoy boo-ing it.

NBC is no longer holding out for 'Heroes.'

According to the Live Feed, the network has officially axed the series, about ordinary people with extraordinary powers, after four seasons.

The news ends a rocky ride for 'Heroes,' which premiered in 2006 to a staggering 14.3 million viewers and a 5.9 rating among adults 18-49, making it NBC's highest-rated fall drama premiere in five years. The show continued to hit ratings gold in subsequent episodes, including its season 2 premiere, which attracted 14.1 million viewers.

But numbers fell sharply by season 3, due in part to a messy second season and the now-famous writers guild strike of 2007-08 that kept it off the air for months. Only 9.9 million viewers tuned in to watch 'Heroes'' third-season premiere, marking a 25 percent drop from season 2.

And that was just the beginning: Season 4 averaged just 6.5 million episodes, with 4.4 million viewers tuning in to its season finale, on Feb. 8.

No word yet on whether NBC will give 'Heroes' a final wrap-up.

This marks the fourth cancellation today by NBC. Also leaving the network after this season: 'Mercy,' 'Trauma' and the longrunning legal drama 'Law & Order.'

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/14/nbc-cancels-heroes/

I can't even think what there is left to wrap up. There are no outstanding mysteries and everyone's motivations changed so many times, who cares? If they are going to do a movie, it should focus on rescuing Peter's Irish girlfriend from plot-hole hell.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s1/heroes...heroes-axe.html

Heroes has been axed after four seasons, NBC has confirmed.

The series, created by Tim Kring, was a breakout hit in its first season, averaging 14.3 million viewers. During its sophomore season - cut down to just 11 episodes by the writers' strike - the show was criticised for its elaborate and drawn-out plots, and the ratings began to drop off slightly, averaging 13.1 million across the season.

During the third season, the audience declined significantly to an average of just 9.3 million, and by the time the fourth - and ultimately final - season had wrapped, the viewership had dipped as low as 3.9 million.

The show's cast included Milo Ventimiglia, Hayden Panettiere, Zachary Quinto and Ali Larter.

Although the future of Heroes had been in doubt for some time, recent speculation suggested that NBC was close to bringing it back for a final, 13-episode fifth season.

The network has instead picked up a new trio of genre shows, including JJ Abrams' spy drama Undercovers, Summer Glau's The Cape and paranormal thriller The Event.