Heroes Season 4

CactuarBill

The whole thing is a bit of a mess at the moment.

Peter in Ireland is one of the daftest plots I’ve ever seen in anything. He doesn’t want to go back to America in case he’s a baddie. So to sooth his conscious he joins the Irish/Cockney mafia, gets into armed robbery and stands by when an innocent security man gets his head smashed in. At the same time he’s shooting laser beams from his hands, moving trucks with the power of his mind and getting shot without taking any damage and none of his gang find this at all bizarre. To be sure Peter you’re one of us now.

I’m assuming Hiro will make it back to the present eventually so surely he’ll jump back to when he left Ando and his Dad. And not when the same amount of time had passed in the past has passed in the present (if that makes sense).

The SFX were pure comedy. The Claire and Wes flight sequence was straight out of Lois & Clark. And the big zoom out from Sylar in the forest was super-weak.

Needless to say I’m going to keep watching, at least until Kristen Bell comes into it but so far it hasn’t been that great.

Agreed so far. It's so dramatic ain't it, the bro+sis plot. I got fed up with the emotional bits almost as soon as they appeared on screen. It's not like they appear to have any interesting powers either. But who knows it could all change. Hiro's time travelling adventures are perhaps the best thing so far but I've not figured out why he doesn't go back to a specific time so as to get an advantage over whatever. That was mostly first season stuff like knowing he failed to kill Sylar, why didn't he just go back and save the cheer leader etc... ? Like, when he does make it back - which I hope is not for a while... got to keep it interesting for now :wub: - and finds out about his Dad, he can just travel back and interfere. It's not like they haven't abused a paradox before. Space, time... wibble.

The special effects were LOL-tastic. How does Nikki know about the virus? That seemed a bit random to me too. And was it Candice or just someone with the same power? Surely it's fairly obvious that he would attempt something like this so the whole island/rain forest thing is still an illusion I reckon.

The special effects were LOL-tastic. How does Nikki know about the virus? That seemed a bit random to me too. And was it Candice or just someone with the same power? Surely it's fairly obvious that he would attempt something like this so the whole island/rain forest thing is still an illusion I reckon.

That the rainforest is an illusion probably makes the most sense. Who's to say the girl he killed wasn't an illusion as well? It would explain why he didn't get the power.

Its quite an amazing achievement how they've turned something with great potential and edge into a cheesy cringeathon.

Same thing happened to Smallville from Season 2 onwards. It can be painful and yet hilarious to watch the transformation from action-drama to teen soap opera.

I thought it was a pretty good episode myself. No Hiro was disappointing, but then there were no Irish Adventures or Nikki either. And I quite liked Michah's new family stuff, that girl being able to repeat anything she sees is a fairly interesting power.

I don't see this supposed huge drop in quality either. Watching the old episodes on BBC2 make it totally clear that it's always been a load of bobbins. But enjoyable bobbins.

I'm quite liking Heroes at the moment. A lot of things I've been suspecting have been answered. Although another thing Hiro is afraid that all the time/ space thing will warp with him being there but he forgets that in Kansei's stories there was a powerful dragon that helped him gain his power. Maybe Hiro is that dragon.

Although that wrestling move was almost cringe worthy. When she saw it for the first time it pretty much screemed she was going to use it at some point

Same thing happened to Smallville from Season 2 onwards. It can be painful and yet hilarious to watch the transformation from action-drama to teen soap opera.

Oh come on, Smallville was bobbins from about the midpoint of series 1. It's just it always starts and ends so well that you end up feeling compelled to watch it.

Well...so far so very disappointing.

Also, for a series that prides itself on stunning special effects, the 90 Ronins and the flying section were cringeworthy, sub-Dr Who standard.

It just feels quite dull at the moment. The Peter story is just dreadful and now Nicki's back, as well. Oh dear.

I'm quite liking Heroes at the moment. A lot of things I've been suspecting have been answered. Although another thing Hiro is afraid that all the time/ space thing will warp with him being there but he forgets that in Kansei's stories there was a powerful dragon that helped him gain his power. Maybe Hiro is that dragon.

Although that wrestling move was almost cringe worthy. When she saw it for the first time it pretty much screemed she was going to use it at some point

It didn't "screem" that she was going to use it, it clearly indicated that she had learned how to do it using her power. That was the whole point of that bit.

Yesterdays episode was a slight improvement. The lack of Peter Petrelli's retarded 'oirish' adventures and Hiro's boring feudal Japanese story was a blessing. There's hope yet but I'm still bewildered where this shows fx budget went. A group of executives somewhere have little faith in Heroes.

The start of this season has definitely been a let down, but I felt episode 4 was a step in the right direction. Episode 3 was not needed at all - in terms of plot progression there was hardly any. They could've made a good 2 hour special out of the first 3 episodes.

Also it's exactly like what happened at the start of the first season, with so many characters the constant switching between them all gets annoying, as there is hardly any time for anything to happen. Which is why 4 was better. No Hiro and Peter, and Matt's story linking with Nathan's really helped the flow. Claire's bit was very Smallville-esque, but I suppose you need a bit of light relief.

Overall I'm optimistic that by episode 10 everything will be amazing again.