Ratchet and Clank

Sng

The grind rails in this look fucking tedious.

The discoball weapon looks dull, and also as though it's been done a thousand times before. I'll be damned if they make me use it.

The graphics, globviously, look bloody lush, and at the moment are the single selling point for me.

When's the demo out?

I’m happy to report that we’ve gone gold! The game is finished and will hit a store near you on October 30. As some of you know, this is a week later than the Oct 23rd date stated previously, but the extra wait will be worth it. Insomniac has been hard at work squeezing every last detail, dance move and tool of destruction that we could fit onto a Blu-Ray disc (while leaving some room to fit Captain Qwark’s massive ego). This makes it the largest Ratchet & Clank experience ever.

I am also happy to report that we are wrapping up work on an updated and optimized version of our E3 demo (which is also available at Gamestop if you pre-order RCF) as I type this, and should be available via PSN in North America by October 11. The demo will be of Metropolis, the signature level in the Ratchet & Clank franchise. Well, it was the signature level… before we blew it to bits in this demo:)

Finally, I’m including a quick link to our newest trailer for your viewing pleasure. A hi-res version can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store for free. Enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/09/27/...ld-demo-coming/

I think it's worth saying at this point - that this is going to be a Ratchet and Clank game, not the single-handed-saviour-of-the-2007-PS3-software-lineup.

It will have a lot of weapons, some of which will be a bit silly and you will only use them when you're out of ammo with everything else - this is par-for-the-course...

It will have grind-rail 'jumpathons' because they're part of the game too.

Mag boots/jetpacks etc. as well I imagine.

There may be new things in there - but this won't be some revolutionary thing which people who've previously not really enjoyed R&C will suddenly orgasm over.

Just didn't want people getting too excited y'know - it's an R&C game - I love those so it's all good - but if you didn't like em before, I doubt things will change <_<

Isn't it PSM3 that gave Driv3r a 9/10 (when it was PSM2).

I believe so, I used to enjoy their mag but they've more than one hilarious scoring faux-pas in the past few years.

Spyro and according to Wikipedia an FPS on the PS1 called Disruptor, which I've never heard of.

A Playstation FPS ? Madness.

I completed it, from what I can remember it was actually quite decent and had a definite sense of style, but then I played some right shit ( and happily ) when I was younger so this might render my opinion void.

• 2 weeks later...

The demo is available now at 1.6 Gb in size. I was happy that it only took 15 minutes to download, since some people had complained that it was taking hours on Neogaf.

I've never played a Rachet game before, so played it without much knowledge of the series, and without hype. I never thought I'd be interested in it, but it's a must buy now!.

The demo only lasted me about 7 minutes, but it was 7 minutes of fun. You grind rails (like Jet Set Radio), glide through a Fifth Element type air traffic using the motion controller (which works well, and isn't flimsy like most motion controlled PS3 games).

The graphics are probally the best I've seen on the PS3, you have to see it for yourself. While you are grinding rails, you have trains coming towards you, and a big ship shooting lazers, so you must keep changing rail to avoid them. The combat with enemies is mediocre, but some of the power ups are fun.

The gameplay was very easy, and there was limited interaction with what you do (there are many jumping pods, but all you can do is jump on them. You can't stear your landing).

The demo is perfectly timed, as you are getting sucked in, but it abruptly finishes. I think the demo will convince many PS3 owners to purchase it straight away!, especially kids, old school games, and graphic whores.

Dolby Digital sound, crisp animation, a busy futuristic city, and many enemies are all there to impress.

Spyro and according to Wikipedia an FPS on the PS1 called Disruptor, which I've never heard of.

A Playstation FPS ? Madness.

Disruptor was pretty good except for a couple of dodgy levels. I actually bought and sold this three times. Every time I sold it I missed having it there.

Loved fighting the ED 209 clones.

screenSHOT2.jpg

The shots on their own site make the game look awful. It was one of the prettiest FPS games on the PSOne.

Here's a better one.

dis.8.jpg

I tried the demo but found it utterly unengagaing. I was jumping around and firing at nasties but just couldn't work out where the fun was meant to be. Maybe it's just because it was so amazingly easy, but I just didn't get it at all. I seem to remember having a similar response to the demo of the first or second game, back in the day. There doesn't seem to be any skill or reward or fun or... anything. I can't put my finger on what's missing, but somehow it just doesn't connect with me.

I tried the demo but found it utterly unengagaing. I was jumping around and firing at nasties but just couldn't work out where the fun was meant to be. Maybe it's just because it was so amazingly easy, but I just didn't get it at all. I seem to remember having a similar response to the demo of the first or second game, back in the day. There doesn't seem to be any skill or reward or fun or... anything. I can't put my finger on what's missing, but somehow it just doesn't connect with me.

My sentiments exactly.

On the upside, at least the full game is apparently full of places — and planets — to explore. The ushered nature of the demo was really off-putting for me.

Not a pre-order for me, but I might pick it up sometime next year and hope to be pleasently surprised.

The demo struck me very much as a technical showpiece. If it's anything like it's predecessors (3 in-particular) then it'll continue to look great, but will get very steadily harder, until the last few levels you're really forced to think quite tactically about which weapons to equip.

The developers have pretty much said that it's more of the same, but they've gone back to the roots of the first game rather than the rather soulless Gladiator spin off, which is good.

Just set up a sub-account using a ficticious address and you can download it. It really is easy as.

Since i'm so hyped on this game I probably will.

Just to be clear though, are the downloads locked to the user, or can my main account have access to the stuff I get on the sub?