rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sng

Everyday Shooter

Check out this GDC footage, mmm!

Shitty interview though, that girl and i4U should never be allowed the house again.

Do we really need a seperate thread for this...oh hang on its SOONYGYG LOLZ

Shoot the pale yellowish things into enemies, watch explosion.

And read the instructions which appear on screen as you play. I wish it was possible to turn them off actually.

I completely love this game. It's pitched so nicely, as you chase higher scores you have to deliberately make the levels harder for yourself. Like on the first level, as already said you want to shoot the pale yellowish things towards enemies. If you push them near one of the round things that fires loads of bullets and detonate it you can harvest points for every bullet, and they're worth double the points. Except you need to leave loads of things firing bullets at you on screen, making it really hard. I can get almost 900 points on level 1, I think my first go I only managed 20 or so.

Honestly one of my favourite games of last year.

this is the only thread I could find on this.

I need help, how the hell do I get chains? (Im only on level 1)

Chains work different depending on the level. On the first level you just have to hit them square enemies into things, the ones that expand when they blow up. When they're expanded, keep hitting them to keep them there longer.

So what you wanna do is have them expand in the path of loads of incoming enemies.

I completely love this game. It's pitched so nicely, as you chase higher scores you have to deliberately make the levels harder for yourself. Like on the first level, as already said you want to shoot the pale yellowish things towards enemies. If you push them near one of the round things that fires loads of bullets and detonate it you can harvest points for every bullet, and they're worth double the points. Except you need to leave loads of things firing bullets at you on screen, making it really hard. I can get almost 900 points on level 1, I think my first go I only managed 20 or so.

Honestly one of my favourite games of last year.

What's your strategy for Lush Look Killer? I spend most of my time just trying to survive.

What's your strategy for Lush Look Killer? I spend most of my time just trying to survive.

Is that the third level?

Im the same, save up lives on the first two stages then try to survive.

I can do it, and not die too much, but my score is always pretty crap for that level. Yes it's the third level.

The graphics on LLK make it seem worse than it is. You want to only shoot the biggest robots in the first bit. Concentrate on weaving and just fire in the direction you're moving to take out stuff in your way until you can shoot the big bots with the energy bars. You can collect a few points if you destroy them before they reach the eye. When the eye opens try and avoid the objects and shoot the eye, when it gets small enough it'll spew points and that's how you score. The fried egg things that track you when the eye opens can be herded as you avoid them so you can take out 5 or 6 in one go and concentrate on the eye again. It's not a particulary high scoring stage for me either.

I do wish Everyday Shooter had online scoreboards.

It is missing an online score board. Other than that it's my favourite of all the twin stick shooters, including Geometry Wars. It's great being able to unlock single play modes to practice levels, and shuffle's good too.

The graphics on LLK make it seem worse than it is. You want to only shoot the biggest robots in the first bit. Concentrate on weaving and just fire in the direction you're moving to take out stuff in your way until you can shoot the big bots with the energy bars. You can collect a few points if you destroy them before they reach the eye. When the eye opens try and avoid the objects and shoot the eye, when it gets small enough it'll spew points and that's how you score. The fried egg things that track you when the eye opens can be herded as you avoid them so you can take out 5 or 6 in one go and concentrate on the eye again. It's not a particulary high scoring stage for me either.

LLK has a couple of different phases.

Phase 1 (and 3, I think) - eye is closed, robots are coming out of the eye, turning around and going back in.

The eye gets bigger for every robot that makes it back to the eye. You want to keep the eye as small as possible. Some robots will be bigger and flash. Shooting these chains a few others dead.

Phase 2 (and 4, I think, although maybe not) - eye is open, little orbs flying around.

Focus on shooting the eye to shrink it. If it gets to minimum size, it'll spew points for each subsequent shot. Some orbs will be 'captured' by the eye and then home in on you. There a big fried egg things flying around at random. Shooting them a few times will make them explode, and they'll chain everything in their radius. Shooting them once will make them grow, and you can do that several times, then explode them.

Phase 5 (if I've got the rest number right) - Robots come from offscreen into the eye.

Focus on shooting the flashing robots to explode all the others. Again, the ore robots get to the eye, the bigger it gets.

Then there's maybe another phase 2/4.

Final phase - several new eyes appear.

First, robots move from central eye to outer eyes, growing the eyes. Shoot the flashing robots to keep growth to a minimum. Then they all open, and orbs appear. Shoot (and kill) as many eyes as you can (you can't kill the central one.) This phase is hectic, but gets easier as you kill the eyes.

I really like this game.

LLK has a couple of different phases.

[snip great infos]

I really like this game.

Damnit I really need to go to bed but this info makes wanna play now! :(

Do we really need a seperate thread for this...oh hang on its SOONYGYG LOLZ

So only games with 100 million dollar budgets and production values should get their own thread?

Exactly so. I'm surprised there is so little chatter about this on here, it's an excellent little game. A little eccentric for sure but full of ideas and beautifully executed.

So only games with 100 million dollar budgets and production values should get their own thread?

I think what he's asking is, why isn't it in the PSN release thread. Like the XBLA one.

Because now it's on other formats. :wub: Just noticed the news on IndieGames.com and immediately got downloading...

Is there a demo on Steam? If there is, and if it's the first level, everyone who plays it will buy the full game.

I just got it on the strength of outside opinion (notably Edge and GamerDork...)

I just got it on the strength of

- the best Every Extend tribute I've ever seen :wub:

I'm just downloading this, I'm a massive sucker for these types of games, and I'm glad it's on Steam as I thought it looked lovely, and didn't want to have to shell out for a whole console to play it.

How does it control? Can you use keyboard and mouse, or will it be purely a 'plug in a controller' sort of thing?

I'm just downloading this, I'm a massive sucker for these types of games, and I'm glad it's on Steam as I thought it looked lovely, and didn't want to have to shell out for a whole console to play it.

How does it control? Can you use keyboard and mouse, or will it be purely a 'plug in a controller' sort of thing?

There's no mouse support; either plug in a controller or use WASD and the arrow keys.

edit: it's worth mentioning that you can only shoot in 8 directions in every version of the game anyway (and it's been designed around this limitation), so you're only losing out on analogue movement by using a keyboard.