Sealed Games

Guest sealedcollector

This isn't towards you Afterbirth (obviously), but a lot of people in this thread..

Why does someone's collecting habbits piss you off so much?

People were acting the same in a similar thread the other day about gaming merchandise.

I could understand if there was a game that was only released in one copy, and people wanted to be able to download it, after the solo owner had uploaded it. Otherwise you're all pretty crazy! (and thats coming from me!)

actually, it's not. I'm a member of said forum. (which I think we're keeping a secret because of all of the illgotten responses thus far :lol:

So this:

Think about it....in 50 years....you are old, maybe 75 years old.....Final Fantasy XXIV is on the market....going into a museum and look at a sealed copy of FF VII...you remember the old times with a smile on your face, a hidden tear in your left eye and you told your grandson: "Look....these were my times when I was in your age. I bought such a copy at Walmart. Oh yes, I remember the hang-tab and the pulling-strip on the top. It looks so new and shiny..."

Is not a piss-take?

Edit: I was hoping to make my 5,000th post a good one. :(

So this:

Is not a piss-take?

I'm certain it is but I don't think the idea of collecting sealed games is that stupid. I don't go out of my way to collect sealed games but have quite a few that I've never got round to. Some days I feel like having a ritualistic unwrapping session. Video it and stick it on youtube. I hate braking the seal on games unecessarily. I'll brake the seal when I'm ready to play it.

I will also pick up multiple copies of game if they are really cheap and keep one sealed copy, one to play. But I'm talking about silly cheap like shadow of the collosus for £7.50, bought 2, opened one to play and kept the other sealed.

This isn't towards you Afterbirth (obviously), but a lot of people in this thread..

Why does someone's collecting habbits piss you off so much?

People were acting the same in a similar thread the other day about gaming merchandise.

I could understand if there was a game that was only released in one copy, and people wanted to be able to download it, after the solo owner had uploaded it. Otherwise you're all pretty crazy! (and thats coming from me!)

Collecting rarer games makes them less readily available to the people who want to actually play them, not to mention hiking the price up.

Granted, if you're just collecting any old shite, I couldn't care less.

Collecting rarer games makes them less readily available to the people who want to actually play them, not to mention hiking the price up.

But that should only really matter for games that have a production of say 500 or less. Anything else is available eventually, if persistent.

Radiant Silvergun, and Panzer Dragoon Saga don't go for high prices because of sealed collectors, they go for high prices because of gamers wanting to play them.

^^ 725.00usd is what I received for the copy that I sold on ebay back this past may. not a bad return on a 60usd investiment, eh?

Jesus, not bad at all young man.

Personally i think of myself as a minor collector but as with others i dont really buy things for the sake of it but with the intention of eventually playing it myself.

There just doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day to manage it though.

Off the top of my head the only sealed things i have are a few VirtualBoy games that i just havent gotten round to firing up, im moving house in a few weeks though so all my goodies are out the loft and waiting to go to my new house.

Im having a gaming room in there and cant wait to start unpacking as im going to be firing los of things up for a blast. Roll on Dreamcast Samba and VB Wario.

Again, maybe 10 years ago I'd have agreed but these days games are so easily available through the internet that it's just not a problem. Ebay has blown the market wide open and many, many games have actually gone down in value.