IGNORED

WiiWare Thread

Major Britten

Here is a list of all confirmed WiiWare titles, I will try and keep it updated as best I can :lol:

Alien Crush WiiWare - Hudson

Block Buster Deluxe - Gameloft

Blue Oasis - Hudson

Bomberman - Hudson

Bruiser and Scratch in the Case of the Puzzling Paw - Steel Penny Games

Butterfly Garden

Critter Round-Up - Konami

Defend Your Castle - XGen Studios

Dr Mario - Nintendo

Eternity's Child - Alten8

Everyone's Pokemon Ranch - Nintendo

Final Fantasy CC: My Life As King - SquareEnix

Fishy - XGen Studios

Gravitronix - Medaverse Studios

Last Flight - Blobber Team

LIT - Wayforward Technologies

LostWinds - Frontier

Major League Eating - Mastiff

Maruboushikaku - Nintendo

Puzzleloop - Nintendo

Mojipittan - Namco Bandai

Ping Pong Wii - Arc Systems Works

Plattchen Twist 'n' Paint - Bplus

pOp - Nnooo

Project Bang! - Engine Software

Raid Over The River - NiBRIS

Sam And Max - Telltale Games

Shantae - Wayforward Technologies

SPOGS Racing - D2C Games

Star Soldier R - Hudson

Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People - Telltale Games

Tetris - Hudson

Toki Tori - Two Tribes

Wordsnake - Alten8

World Of Goo - 2D Boy

The FF game looks of a surprisingly high standard. In other words, just like a disc based game. I don't know how big it is or what you do so it could still be simplistic.

Storage is the next question though. As others have said in the Wiitails thread, the SD cards need to be able to have games run on them or hard drive support needs to be added. Unless we run them from a Nintendo server or something.

I'm looking forward to disc based games interacting with a Wii Ware counterpart.

Just a short post to say that our latest game 'Pop' (and our first game too) will be a Wii Ware title.

I hope to have some media on the site in the next couple of weeks but for now it's just a little announcment.

I too look forward to Naked War on the Wii, fighting via connect 24 would be awesome. Although it would be great to be able to have semi real time battles also for those of us who want to play a big sesssion!

right - so now the message board has been updated to allow you to send and use links. Surely Naked War Wii with Mii isn't far away... :lol:

Also, if you check the official Wii fit site (here) you can see that the game will have it own integrated channel! It looks like those people wanting an Animal Crossing channel could be in luck!

Just a short post to say that our latest game 'Pop' (and our first game too) will be a Wii Ware title.

What's the story with developing wiiware? They advertised it as being for Indies but you obviously need a dev kit (so have to go through applications, due diligence and purchasing) before you can do anything? Is that right? It's more traditional development than say the XNA stuff on the 360.

What's the story with developing wiiware? They advertised it as being for Indies but you obviously need a dev kit (so have to go through applications, due diligence and purchasing) before you can do anything? Is that right? It's more traditional development than say the XNA stuff on the 360.

I am rather fortunate in having already worked in games, most recently at EA. However my partner got offered an ace job in Oz so I had to leave and though fuck it I'll set up my own dev-co.... I am using the savings from selling my flat in the UK.

At first we started out on XNA for XBox live as the Wii wasn't out at the time, although I was in contact with someone in Nintendo about Wii Ware at that stage (got contact details from a friend at EA). I am very lucky as we hit it off and continued contact off and on. When we got to Sydney I employed a coder and we started the XNA stuff. I am a designer by trade and hired a coder fresh from Uni. Let me say XNA is not the best SDK out there... It is probably great now but simple stuff like having a file format for 3d models was well only .x files which are real bad (over 1mb for a simple model with no animation).

Anyway after about 6-8 months on the XNA stuff and nothing looking likely with Microsoft (they have a huge and protracted XBLA approval system which requires a demo and if they don't like it then it's back to square one) I emailed Nintendo again. My contact turns out to be the guy in charge of the US side of Wii Ware! And they are still in the stage of deciding what to do with it (ie approval processes etc). After a couple of months and me pitching paper concepts he asked if I has signed an NDA I said no, he sent one, I signed it and the next day I could buy dev-kits. All this happened before they publicly announced Wii Ware too!

Anyway I forked out to go to the Developers Conference in May and lo-and-behold Wii Ware was announced then!

We currently have 2 dev-kits and are all systems go. The SDK and tools Nintendo provide are ace and by far and away better than XNA. I got the kit running in less than a day and got some art up and running the same day (setting the kit up is all nice Windows stuff like adding paths etc). There are loads of sample bits of code for the system so stuff like saving and loading, drawing models etc is a lot easier than say the PS2 ever was.

Anyway to become a Wii-Ware developer you have to 1) Apply to Nintendo (if you are serious PM me and I'll let you know the email address) and 2) there will be some due dilagence (spelling?) so you have to be failry serious and not just wanting a dev-kit to fart around on. It should be noted that there is likely a queue of people applying at the moment so it may take ages to get any response if you are to apply now :)

right - so now the message board has been updated to allow you to send and use links. Surely Naked War Wii with Mii isn't far away... :)

We can't get so much as a response from Nintendo. Despite approaching them from several angles (behind, both sides etc.).

Its frustrating because the game could have been designed for the Wii messaging system.

The initial titles all seem to be casual games (of the puzzle games for your mum variety) or rehashes of old titles - I was hoping that there would be some more indie titles along the lines of flow and Everyday Shooter etc.

I reckon we'll see a big range of titles/genres over the coming months/years.

We can't get so much as a response from Nintendo. Despite approaching them from several angles (behind, both sides etc.).

Its frustrating because the game could have been designed for the Wii messaging system.

Man that is frustrating. I was hoping you'd be on there too :)

I reckon they are in pre-christmas hell with all the dics based games etc at the moment. If you have no reply by Christmas, New Year let me know and I'll see if I can get you my contacts details....

Also, if you check the official Wii fit site (here) you can see that the game will have it own integrated channel! It looks like those people wanting an Animal Crossing channel could be in luck!
Hope so. Animal Crossing + online Wii features = best thing ever? Possibly. Maybe. Certainly would eat away many hours of my life. My most wanted feature is to be abe to play my VC games inside the world of Animal Crossing, that'd be so postmodern. :)

they have a huge and protracted XBLA approval system which requires a demo and if they don't like it then it's back to square one

Yeah the XBLA stuff sounds really tough, which is why I'm curious about the wiiware system and Sony's PSN development.

Thanks for that though, It's sounds like you've got some good breaks, so good luck with that.

1) Apply to Nintendo (if you are serious PM me and I'll let you know the email address)

You two need to talk. Naked War just has to happen.

Hope so. Animal Crossing + online Wii features = best thing ever? Possibly. Maybe. Certainly would eat away many hours of my life. My most wanted feature is to be abe to play my VC games inside the world of Animal Crossing, that'd be so postmodern. :unsure:

That's an awesome idea!

In reality it's totally pointless, and yet I totally love it.

Also what's all this about a 40MB limit?

That's an awesome idea!

In reality it's totally pointless, and yet I totally love it.

Also what's all this about a 40MB limit?

I strongly suspect now that AC will be a WiiWare game that can also be bought at retail. VC games inside AC *has* to happen - as it was there in the cube version and was one of the best unlockables/trades.