Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

I really can't imagine them being done in 3D any better than they are now.

Less fat/squat/gormless would have been a start!

To be fair, Ryu has looked like a muppet in all 3D Street Fighter games:

676-1.jpg

At least they had the excuse of low-powered hardware then.

... but I could never warm to Zombie Ryu. His fight intro when he faces the camera is shockingly bad. Bit weird having such a contrast in graphics quality.

Oh God, yes! ;)

It's laughably poor. The likes of Ryu and Ken are really bad in this. A teeney weenie head in the middle of a mass of fugly drawn, poorly realised muscles. Also, Ken reminds me of the muppet-like character from Sony's Buzz! games.

The overall style is great though and will probably age better than the far more attractive VF5 in a couple of years.

Less fat/squat/gormless would have been a start!

No way, if Ryu and Ken looked less ridiculous than the other characters then it would be pretty jarring. Seriously, I'd take the SFIV version of Ryu over the Tatsunoko any day.

No way, if Ryu and Ken looked less ridiculous than the other characters then it would be pretty jarring. Seriously, I'd take the SFIV version of Ryu over the Tatsunoko any day.

Any pictures of the Tatsunoko one? I've never seen that game running.

What's odd is that most of the characters look fine, but some (Ryu, Ken, Guile) really have been hit with the ugly stick.

Please...

He's like the best bits of Zak Morris, Big Boss Man and Val Kilmer from TopGun all rolled into one quivering tower of masculine glory.

sf4c30.jpg

For the first time ever, I've just won 11 meaningful games on the bounce. Given it was all done in championships I thought this'd count as ranked 10-in-a-row stuff, achievement unlocked and all that, but it doesn't. Bollocks! Also, I've not seen a single Ryu or Sagat all day, nice selection in general!

I didnt register and managed to wathc them... you just refresh the page and hit play. Well, I did anyway.

Just finished a Championship session, finally hit G2 D yay! Though the match that promoted me was quite hilarious - played a yank Seth, who was pretty lame and just jumped about doing the quad stomp over and over. I was more lame though and got beat (the points just pushed me over promotion hehe), and after the game he sent me a message:

"ur awful clown"

Hmm. I usually don't respond to messages of this kind (always from Yanks in the UNDERGROUND zone, amirite?) but was feeling a bit childish after getting pwned by somebody so lacking in flair, so replied with:

"so is your mom"

to which he responded:

"u r now 1 of my lambs"

What. I love the internet.

Well, I've not played in weeks and have been toying with the idea of selling the game. donpeartree and Matt Lav are round and fancied playing so I thought I'd play a few and be all refreshed and that. WRONG. Infexious pinged me an invite after my third match and against my better judgment I accepted.

What a beating. :lol:

Spent ages watching replays last night. There's a guy on my friends list called Wess211 or something similar who plays as Viper. I remember I first encountered him really early on in player matches and I beat him with my Blanka because he didn't yet have a stick and had literally just picked up Viper that day.

He's now 16,000GP deep and the most impressive Viper I've seen. I play him from time to time still and I usually take a couple of rounds at best. I make sure to keep up with his replays and see how he's climbing the GP leaderboard too. Guy's a beast, for realz.

Also, does anyone know who "Rhyllis" is? His Gen is an absolute joy to watch. A replay with him as player 2 was the first one I saved, and in it he got beaten by a very mediocre player but busted out some truly phenomenal shit during the match.

Again, he's now well into grade 1 and is an absolute monster. I have three more of his replays saved and his skill with Gen never ceases to amaze. Was just wondering if he's known anywhere, because it's unusual to see someone that good with one of the lesser used characters who isn't either a known tournament player or at least an active beat'em up forum type.

Some nice Chun Li videos towards the top of the CP leaderboards. Makes a change from the Sagats and Ryus. There's that GeoMcDinside (or something like that) who plays Guile up near the top as well. Don't see many of those. the GP lleaderboard top ten is still a Sagat/Ryu fest though. Some astonishingly good Abels mixed in there too.

I did some training for that random character tourney too. Played some guy called "Zenogade" who had a rather excellent Gouken, a good Akuma and was infinitely better than me in the majority of random vs random encounters. I beat everything except his Gouken with Blanka, but once we settled into random battles he beat me 10-1. Random did give him Gouken three times and Akuma twice though, and they're his first and second characters. Even discounting that he was still and exceptional all rounder.

My Fuerte is improving because I get him all the bleedin' time in randoms, but I still never feel like I'm going to win when I get him. Same with Viper. I can jump about a lot, do a reasonable amount of damage and make each round respectable, but I never ever look like winning the thing. She is totally alien to me.

I still love this game, it's a shame people are getting all disillusioned with it. It really really could do with HD Remix lobbies though.

For the first time ever, I've just won 11 meaningful games on the bounce. Given it was all done in championships I thought this'd count as ranked 10-in-a-row stuff, achievement unlocked and all that, but it doesn't. Bollocks! Also, I've not seen a single Ryu or Sagat all day, nice selection in general!

I did the same yesterday! My hands were shaking on the 10th match because I thought the achievement would unlock. I was gutted when I got nothing.

What's with people deliberately throwing the second round of a match after you've won the first? Some sort of peaceful protest? I joined some guys player match lobby and picked Rufus, he picked Ryu and I figured it'd be a hard match as I have trouble with that match up. The first round was pretty close, I was down to around 20% life when I managed to land EX Messiah Kick FADC Ultra for the K.O. Second round starts and he walks right at me, so I throw him. He gets up and does the same thing, and I throw him again. The third time I don't do anything and he keeps walking, slowly pushing me across the screen. I knock him down and run away, thinking his controller might be faulty/unplugged, but he strolls up to me and starts casually throwing out jabs. He pretty much lets me K.O. him, then as soon as we're back in the lobby he kicks me out.

WTF. I might understand if I was playing runaway Akuma or something, but the match up was in his favour.

I've been known to quit playing altogether where lag's a big issue - can't really use Viper properly otherwise. I figure it's best to get the game done as quick as possible and move on to the next, win/loss ratio be damned. Ultimately, what matters most to me is how well I play, not whether I win or lose.

I saw the best quit ever. There were a few videos around before the game came out of 4 pro's sitting on a sofa while playing and talking about the game. In one of the videos one of the guys decided he was going to deliberatly try and make people rage quit, so he picks seth and plays a strat of one hit and running away.

He gets a game with a chun li and takes the first round using his tactic. I know how annoying this is from my time playing as chun. Then in the second round the chun li catches him and bashes him up taking the second round. Last round and the guy is being as irratating as possible, throwing taunts all over the place and being as big of an ass as possible. The chun then catches him, takes him down to a chip of health and then quits the game.

It was beautiful!

Had some good games earlier in championship, though they were probably more like average games, but i haven't had a decent session in a week so it felt like some comfortable slippers.

I cannot keep myself away from Ken though. Hopefully this random character tourney sorts me out. Either that or i'll be out after one hilarious match.