Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

Finally learning to play this properly since I got myself a stick last week, coming from a 360 pad with hard and medium punch/kick on the face buttons, jabs on the bumpers and and triggers set up for throwing and ultras. Starting to come together now and I can see myself getting better the more I get used to it, and finding it a lot more fun too.

What are other Ryus using as an ultra setup? I'm working on the SRK > FADC > ultra but it's a long way off being consistent even in free training. EX Tatsu to ultra is a lot easier but only works when your opponent is right in the corner.

Ryu has a ton of great Ultra setups. Well, he's no Rufus (who can essentially Ultra from scratching his fat arse), but anyway, the best ones are LP shoryuken as an anti-air, which leaves plenty of time to ultra them as they fall down. Similarly, if you can jump towards them and hit them in the middle of their jumping arc with MP, you can get an Ultra off as they fall down. You can also combo an Ultra from a red fireball in the corner, but the timing is extremely strict, like the tatsu.

The flashiest, and probably biggest waste of an Ultra, is to chain it from Shoryuken (any) into Super into Ultra. The Ultra will only hit 3 times after the Super, but it looks cool and is a good choice to finish your opponent off if they only have a tiny amount of health left after the super, as the Ultra doesn't add much damage itself. Still, it looks badass. :twisted:

Bloody hell, G2 is a hell of a step up from G3. Although saying that, I just got to my first final and after being perfected in the first round I almost took the win! Presumably there's hardly any Cammy's around for people to practice against, plus I've got some nice wakeup shenanigans going on now I've added her slightly dicey crossup into the arsenal :twisted:

Cheers imp, I'll give the air setups a go later.

That last one sounds mental :twisted:. I remember finding out you could cancel SRK into super back in my pad days, just frantically mashing shit out, never even occurred that you could tag an ultra on. Not that you'd want to mind.

No it's silly, but it's like a taunt that hurts your oppenent (a bit!) so, yeah, use it for some humiliation or something. :)

Also, I forgot to say, if you trade a SRK as an anti-air move, you can usually get an ultra from that as well. :twisted:

Aye, I thought a traded SRK might work as you get a decent 'launch' off it usually. If I had the reflexes to spot that and pull out an ultra in a match when it actually counted I'd be a totally different player though :(

Jumping MP is a sweet one, just caught a Viper with it after I'd blocked their ultra.

Chun Li / M. Bison vs. Seth - jumping HK, standing HK.

I have realy trouble beating Zangief too - jumping results in death by Lariet, while he green-hands through fireballs before decimating me with spinning piledrivers. Son of a...

Best tactic against Seth is to jump over him just as he's getting up. He'll Shoryuken every time, and you can do what you like to him as he lands.

Repeat to fade. Job done.

Although, like many I'm sure, I haven't played Arcade mode since unlocking the last of the characters.

It's worth noting that Dan is utter sh!te.

This is untrue. You have to work hard with him and he is susceptible to certain rinse and repeat bullshit like Sagat's tigertigertigertigerhighkicktigertigerhighkick and fireball spamming Akumas but he's not shite.

Thanks to one of the GamerDork community members, we've managed to secure an interview with Ian Cofino which should be happening at some point this week. Ian Cofino is the guy who wrote/directed/produced the excellent I got Next documentary about the competitive Street Fighter IV scene in the states. It features the likes of Ryan "Gootecks" Gutierrez, Ed Ma, Justin Wong and more as they make their way through the Sinsation Tournament that took place earlier this year.

We're planning to ask Ian about I Got Next, his own involvement in the gaming scene and next project. We'd also like to put some questions to him from competitive fighting game fans. Is there anything you'd like to know? We might not ask everything that you guys ask but we'd be more than happy to put a few community questions to him.

So if you have any questions, breeze along to the GamerDork forum and let us know.

This is untrue. You have to work hard with him and he is susceptible to certain rinse and repeat bullshit like Sagat's tigertigertigertigerhighkicktigertigerhighkick and fireball spamming Akumas but he's not shite.

This is true. In terms of damage, he's no joke, and his dragon punch still has many of the best properties of any dragon punch.

He's just "a bit" crap. He's still not close to how he was in Alpha 1 and 2 but he's ok nontheless.

Just made this post over in the SF folder, though I'd repeat here just in case...

;)

just received my shiny new stick today from amazon, and the B button is broken... Anyone else get this?

Should I just open it and try fix it (I'm guessing the connections just loose inside) or send it back? I can't see a warranty type sticker thing there, just a thing that says 'don't open unless you know what you're doing'...

HELP ME SF BROSEPHS.

Hope it gets sorted out soon man, it's a beautiful piece of kit. Anyway, even with the quick disconnects, there's always the chance that it's the soldering or something else that's buggered, so it probably wouldn't be that easy to fix anyway...

Man, for £100, I'm almost tempted to pick up a spare!

:blah: so gutted :hmm:

I might just ask for a refund and get the HRAP 360 if it's out tomorrow as Amazon says..

If anyone's thinking of ordering the 360 HRAP - I had one on pre-order and apparently they've been delayed - no new date given. :(

EDIT: Although it says out of stock on the website so maybe they just took more orders than they had stock. :ph34r:;)