Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

Some of the fail in this thread is astonishing. For me, SFIV is game of the year by a fucking mile. I can only see Uncharted 2 beating it, or maybe COD:MW2 for the multiplayer crowd...

For me bland, nondescript, sweeping statements of preference are the soundbytes of the week by a fucking mile. I can only see personal accounts of my parent's sex life beating them, or maybe snippets of conversational racism for the intellectual crowd...

For me bland, nondescript, sweeping statements of preference are the soundbytes of the week by a fucking mile. I can only see personal accounts of my parent's sex life beating them, or maybe snippets of conversational racism for the intellectual crowd...

Was that meant to be funny? It failed pretty spectacularly if so. Better luck next time anyway.

Was that meant to be funny? It failed pretty spectacularly if so. Better luck next time anyway.

He made a point (at least he did anyway unlike you :D). People are discussing criticisms in proper detail and with consideration by people who clearly love and know SF (at an appropriate time seeing as a new version might be announced soon) and someone comes and goes "u guys r fail, this is my game of the year" without any explanation of why. I mean why come in and moan if you're not going to make a counter point?

Yup, oh dear and thanks.

I am still quite pleased with it actually, considering the constraints of the "For me, XXXX is the best XXXX by a fucking mile, I can only see XXXX beating it, or maybe XXXX for the XXXX crowd" format I think I did quite admirably.

Can't win 'em all though can you Bignuts?

How the hell can a Blanka player have a problem with SF4 Blanka? He's a fucking nightmare to play against. Wish someone had told me his pressure game was fucked before I got on the wrong side of dogsout's Blanka about eighty times, would have made things much easier.

If the news is true then fantastic. Never got deep enough into 3S to suss out Makoto but was on the wrong end of a fair few beatings at the hands of the skilled.

If we're doing a balancing wishlist then give us the parry back. The focus attack has the risk/reward ratio completely wrong. You have to hold two buttons and release it at just the right time then dash out of it and if you take a hit you take the damage anyway. That's fucked up.

Oh and an air parry as well plskthx. Agree with whoever said to stop Ultras off trades as well, shit's just ridiculous.

I've been having a little go at this lately offline, sakura is quite interesting. Can anyone tell me what the best link between light tatsu and ex tatsu is? cr. HP is awesome but the range is so short its rare you get to use it. I guess it would be cr or st.Lk.

The only way i can see the parry making its way into the game is if they add an ism system. something like FA/Ultra-ism and parry-ism to choose from. but i doubt it, the 3S player pool is too small to risk alienating the new players.

I've been practicing a lot with Sakura (I think Sabre has inspired a lot of people to pick her up) and I'm using cl. lk and crouching lk to link. I still get it wrong far more than I'd like, the timing is so strict! Never seen it done like in that video before, it does indeed look to be cl. mk and it's something I'm now itching to try out.

I've busted out the frame data. Light Shunpukyaku (tatsu) is +4 on hit, so your looking at a 2 frame link for any light move or cl.HP (3 frame startup!!) or a 1 frame link for cl. MK, cl. MP, cr. HP.

So I guess really your going to be using whichever light attack has the best range.

It looks like pretty much anything you could want to know is now on the wiki, last time i looked the console characters were empty.

http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Sakura_(SFIV)

By the time you've spent £100 on the ugly nubytech arcade stick, bought some decent buttons and a stick and the internals then its already going to cost more than a TE which is a decent looking stick to start with and doesn't have a cramped American (See wrong) button layout.

How the hell can a Blanka player have a problem with SF4 Blanka? He's a fucking nightmare to play against. Wish someone had told me his pressure game was fucked before I got on the wrong side of dogsout's Blanka about eighty times, would have made things much easier.

I'm just telling it like it is for me personally man. I've been playing Blanka for over a decade now*, spread over loads and loads of different SF games, and SFIV Blanka is the only one so far I really dislike. This is despite me doing pretty well against randoms in ranked matches and annoying loads of people with him in the last SF4 Rllmuk Tournament. That I'm able to win matches with him is not the problem, and that other people are also pretty good with him is also not the problem, and that's not what I said in my post. What I was trying to explain was why Blanka in SF4 doesn't do his 2D counterparts justice at all imo.

But enough from me, I'm bringing way too much negativity into this thread now, and at the end of the day we're all SF fans here and each of us has his own personal favourite entry into the series :ph34r:

*edit: holy shit, I just checked. According to wikipedia Super was released in 1993, and that's when (iirc) I started playing Blanka for real. That means 16 years! And I love Street Fighter more than ever, and I'm still using Blanka! Amazing scenes. What a game :facepalm:

I'm just telling it like it is for me personally man. I've been playing Blanka for over a decade now*, spread over loads and loads of different SF games, and SFIV Blanka is the only one so far I really dislike. This is despite me doing pretty well against randoms in ranked matches and annoying loads of people with him in the last SF4 Rllmuk Tournament. That I'm able to win matches with him is not the problem, and that other people are also pretty good with him is also not the problem, and that's not what I said in my post. What I was trying to explain was why Blanka in SF4 doesn't do his 2D counterparts justice at all imo.

But enough from me, I'm bringing way too much negativity into this thread now, and at the end of the day we're all SF fans here and each of us has his own personal favourite entry into the series :omg:

*edit: holy shit, I just checked. According to wikipedia Super was released in 1993, and that's when (iirc) I started playing Blanka for real. That means 16 years! And I love Street Fighter more than ever, and I'm still using Blanka! Amazing scenes. What a game :coffee:

Wasn't having a go at you dude. I'm just a bit bitter about my complete inability to deal with Blanka (fucking dogsout). :P

You make fair points. Hell I'd much prefer Ken to be as top tier as he was in 3S but you just have to work with what you're given I guess. If it's not sticking then fair pyjamas. :omg:

All rumoured returners from ST(DJ,Hawk), Alpha(Final Fighters, Adon) and 3S(Dud, Mak, Ibu) are true.

Everyone has 2 Ultras.

Hakan - arabic grappler obsessed with oil.

Juri - evil asian girl fighter working for Seth.

some ppl have played this updated version and one was quoted as saying "It doesn't play anything like IV currently does."

Announcement should be made at TGS and the Japanese SF4 blog later this week.

Also, they're calling it SSF4.

believe me or not, but mark this post for tomorrow/late tonight.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/showpost.php...p;postcount=148

:shock:

Nice to see Makoto and Duds confirmed for the new game :lol:. I can see T.Hawk being Patronsaint's weapon of choice... :(

Are many people still playing this on PS3? I'm tempted to get it again but I doubt I'll bother if there isn't much interest in it on here.

I have it... and I'm probably getting rid of my 360 copy soon anyway. Of course, you still owe me several beatings on BB. I'm not chickening out... honest! :bye: