Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

Whilst I would completely spunk over the rumoured earlier list of stuff (tweaked focus attacks, new characters from across all previous series, etc) I can't help but worry that it's just going to be Deejay and T.Hawk, both of whom I hate. I was also hoping for an Alpha 2-ish inclusion of proper backgrounds for each of the characters..

Whilst I would completely spunk over the rumoured earlier list of stuff (tweaked focus attacks, new characters from across all previous series, etc) I can't help but worry that it's just going to be Deejay and T.Hawk, both of whom I hate. I was also hoping for an Alpha 2-ish inclusion of proper backgrounds for each of the characters..

:lol:

Cheers. D'you know, I deliberately held off getting boggo SF4 for this very reason - hoping for a tweaked version within months. And lo, the Treb was once again repaid for his patience.

So you missed out on one of the games of the year which can now be bought for pittance and are now waiting for the new game which is maybe going to play alot differently and probably won't be out for atleast a year?

I await your rebuttal :)

At least a year? From now? That'd be a shame.

No rebuttal, I was only being semi-serious: I couldn't afford it at launch (finances in the Treb household are woeful) and by the time the price dropped to something reasonable I was a bit scared of peoples' proficiency, to be honest :)

I think the tweaked version would be a good jumping-on point (even though I'd be lagging behind) but if we can't expect it in the next 2-3 months, I'll get a second hand copy of the original 4 and invite you all to leather me :)

I won some games yesterday, there are still plenty of shite players out there.

And I got utterly destroyed by the first Vega I've ever seen.

Claw Vega? I'll deffo be using him - I was monstrous with him on Zero 3. And Gen, too, as soon as I unlock him. Will definitely be soft-soaping the shotos; after 18-odd years of play, I can't be bothered getting into the Ken-rut™ at least not straight away.

The very same. I got the impression when this first came out that he'd been totally nerfed from what he had been in previous games, and he is cursed with the same unnecessarily awkward ultra as Guile, but he's definitely got something to offer. I saw a video the other day of someone playing a strong Ryu (Sabin I think? Maybe John Choi) against a great Claw in a match that really could've gone either way.

So there's a Combo bar replacing the EX bar in one of the screens - an Alpha-style selection before you start the game?

That's what I wondered on the previous page. Though it was said that there'd only be two selectable supers (rather than the three of Alpha 3 and SFIII 3rd)...maybe one's a classic pre-canned combo and one's V-ism style? Maybe they just drop the least popular super?

So that post about a new character called Juri was right, If so we've got:

* Juri – Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.

Is it not meant to be Juli (of Juli and Juni fame)? Obviously she's been reinvented in terms of style, but story-line wise it'd make sense and give T. Hawk an instant reason to be there. In Alpha 3, Juli's story was that she was a member of T. Hawk's tribe who was kidnapped and brainwashed to work for Shadaloo a la Cammy, if she was never rescued then I guess she'd still be working for Bison (and then Seth) around the time of SFIV.