Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

First of all...I am shocked that the leaked character roster is indeed actually true!

Although that new girl Juria...is that a contest winner entry or some shit?

Info from Eventhubs.

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:

o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.

o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.

* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.

o It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.

o Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.

o All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.

* Some characters will have Air Ultras.

* The Bonus Stages will be returning.

* This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.

* An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.

* Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).

* Ibuki has a run command.

* Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

* Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.

* Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.

* Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.

* Guy has his Chain combos.

* Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.

* Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.

* The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.

* Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.

* T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.

* Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.

* There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.

* The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

Info overload!

Guile with an actual useful super move! I've fucking said for ages that he needed that Sonic Hurricane! He was a bastard with it in CVS and Marval! Ah man, he is going to be fucking dangerous now.

New Dhalsim Super...WOOO!

Cody with his knife and only character with Alpha counter?! If the super strength is anything to go by, I will be blasting through the super art bars with counters all the time, and then relying on the ultra. WINNN.

Don't know about that Tadan Saving...hopefully it's the multi hit absorbing focus attack everyone wanted since...day 3.

Also...if that new arab character, obsessed with oil isn't a grappler , and doesn't look like a cross between Darun Mister from SF EX and the Iron "Fuck your ass and make you humble" Sheik, I'll be dissapointed.

the_iron_shiek_is_hammered.png

Sign me up for a Special edition, with even CRAPPER figures, dvd making of game and flimsy artbook and an overpriced arcade stick please!

God I can't wait to how stupid...or awesome the new characters will look in SFIV's art style!

can u explain the alpha counter to me, i've barely played those games and they confuse the hell out of me!

Well in CVS2 and Alpha 3 you pressed MP+MK and forward after a blocked attack to instantly get a frame advantage move to hit the opponent at the cost of losing a stock of your Super bar.

Alpha 1 and 2 had it so you could either have a sweep if you pressed kick and a special move such as a dragon\tiger uppercut if you did the motion with a punch. Back then you entered QCB during block to get an alpha counter. Basically used as a last resort to get a knockdown on your opponent and try to mount some kind of offence or back in my skank days...cross ups!

Damage was low in cvs2 and Alpha 3 though. Alpha 3 it was sometimes vital to do if you wanted to get out of the custom combo crap. But I was never good at that game.

Edit

Actually, kinda gutted that you can't see a guard crush bar. Although, that doesn't mean that feature isn't in.

The other thing I hope is included is having the Ultra meter bleed out after time! Just so it stops turtle characters sitting on it on the other side of the screen, just waiting there after they have health lead or just generally being dicks.

Well in CVS2 and Alpha 3 you pressed MP+MK and forward after a blocked attack to instantly get a frame advantage move to hit the opponent at the cost of losing a stock of your Super bar.

Alpha 1 and 2 had it so you could either have a sweep if you pressed kick and a special move such as a dragon\tiger uppercut if you did the motion with a punch. Back then you entered QCB during block to get an alpha counter. Basically used as a last resort to get a knockdown on your opponent and try to mount some kind of offence or back in my skank days...cross ups!

Damage was low in cvs2 and Alpha 3 though. Alpha 3 it was sometimes vital to do if you wanted to get out of the custom combo crap. But I was never good at that game.

too much! whats wrong with a good old parry? this is like some kof CD shit, and bun that game. i eat my kfc on the kofXII cab.

Dunno about KOF and CD mate.

I just play as Kyo and Iori and Shingo like Ken! lolz

Saw KOFXII in the shop. £40...fuck that.

(Loved KOF96, 98 and 2002...not loving what I've read about XII, and certainly not going to take a punt on it for 40 notes.)

Dunno about KOF and CD mate.

I just play as Kyo and Iori and Shingo like Ken! lolz

Saw KOFXII in the shop. £40...fuck that.

(Loved KOF96, 98 and 2002...not loving what I've read about XII, and certainly not going to take a punt on it for 40 notes.)

i'm about the same, all i know is noone touches the cab anymore and 3S is still going strong but most of the hype is round the sf4. it'll be funny if troc is the first to get the Ssf4 game in and everything heads back there.

the fact those turbo options exist destroys the credibility of blanka players online, obviously putting them there is good for business, this is a very annoying fact.

I agree. It used to piss me off no end when playing Blanka mirror matches against Blankas that never missed lp xx hp elec. I spent absolutely ages getting the technique down to piano into that the proper way but would still miss it from time to time. There were also certain players online that were getting hyped up, but if you watched their replays and turned the input display on you'd see they were abusing the turbos for the difficult links. Basically, fuck that turbo nonsense.

I can't buy a HRAP3 now! There are new SUPER RAP's on the way, they look da shit.

As you know I received my HRAP3 the day before they bloody announced these new sticks! However, having thought about it I'm not bothered at all. I got my stick for a good price and have modded in Sanwa buttons and that. The new RAP will likely cost a bloody fortune for what will amount to an aesthetic improvement and nothing more (considering I've already got full Sanwa shiz in mine). Maybe I'll grab one if they turn out to be proper amazing but from looking at the pictures I don't think I'll bother.

I agree. It used to piss me off no end when playing Blanka mirror matches against Blankas that never missed lp xx hp elec. I spent absolutely ages getting the technique down to piano into that the proper way but would still miss it from time to time. There were also certain players online that were getting hyped up, but if you watched their replays and turned the input display on you'd see they were abusing the turbos for the difficult links. Basically, fuck that turbo nonsense.

i've seen top players (Mullah) get accused of using turbo in online matches when they had offed heads genuine. its a real shame that the companies have to do things that way.

i've seen top players (Mullah) get accused of using turbo in online matches when they had offed heads genuine. its a real shame that the companies have to do things that way.

Yeah, I used to get the same. On the occasions that I'd run into The Mullah (and other people who's name I'd recognise) I'd obviously just take whatever was going on at face value. It probably helped that I held my own in such instances. It was pretty obvious to tell when somebody was doing it because they'd go for it in instances where it just wasn't safe to do so, simply because they knew it would come out effortlessly. It was a big part of my pressure game but I'd try to mix it up. Most of these guys would just spam the shit out of it because, well, because they were Xbox Live knobs.

mullah got accused because he was doing cr. sh -> elec (could be xx or MK, dunno not a blanka player) and most peeps or pad live players haven't seen that before. it's just such a shame that those turbo buttons exist, it's like admitting yeah we're marketing our sticks to scrubs because we can. it damages the reputation of top players for money which is understandable but still a shammeeeee!

think i must have got accused of it at least once with chun when people dont understand the renda cancel, i'm playing on an ex2 ffs!

MAXIMUM!!!!!!!!

Evidence of hopefully some kind of parry\neutralising move at the end of this vid? Ken looks viscous in this vid instead of like some tramp with a bowl cut from Coronation Street.

Gamespot

Tons of info!

Capcom has decided that the new game will come on a separate disc. Ono explained that when Street Fighter IV was originally being developed, certain aspects of the game code weren't laid out in such a way as to support the features that are being added in Super Street Fighter IV. While Capcom had initially considered making SSFIV's content a download pack of some kind, it became clear that just tacking the new content onto the old game wasn't going to be possible. As a result, SSFIV will be released as a standalone disc that won't be sold at full price. But, the producer explained, before you get rid of your SFIV disc, be advised that SSFIV will offer current SFIV owners a bonus that Capcom isn't revealing at this time.
SSFIV will also make another less-flashy-but-key addition in the form of a comprehensive tuning to each of the existing fighters. The work will include balance tweaks the team wanted to include based on their own experiences as well as feedback from fans. In addition, returning fighters will get new ultra combos in addition to those seen in Street Fighter IV, which will require players to refine their fighting strategies. This work will be key to SSFIV's online matches, which are getting some serious work done to them. While Ono wouldn't go into specific details, mostly saying that SSFIV will feature an online experience that is considerably enhanced over the one in SFIV, he dropped a pretty big hint that some form of lobby system may be added. The only downside to all this is that, because of all the upcoming changes, SSFIV won't be compatible with SFIV online.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Oh and here's Dudley!

44785264.jpg

It's a fake...;/ Would love anything that looks like that though! :eyebrows:

Edit

Interview video with Yoshi Ono about Super Street Fighter IV! You can see some T Hawk and Juri action in the background. Hawk's Ultra looks hilarious as he drops from the air and sit's on their back! lol! Juri looks fast and deadly, that spin kick seems to have low recovery and possible decent chip potential. Hoping that she is a charge character.

http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230545/

LOVING IT. Back on the SFIV bus. toot toot.

HYPED.

Fuck, so this is actually out in a couple of months. The translation from that Japanese mag says Spring 2010 next to PS3/360

Lobbies, new gameplay changes, rebalancing of characters, new folk

:eyebrows::):lol:

God I hope they make Honda good. He is a fucking beast in HD Remix

I hope Honda is the only character that has DIED!!!!

Or they should give him moves, where he damages himself for being such a twat.

Ah I just read on neogaf that honda is faster, has the jab hb to go through fireballs and no ochio whiff animation and higher priority on every move!!! Ha!

Don't have a heart attack Singho, just joking

Whatever, he will always be a fat cunt!

As long as Dhalsim has a good chance to take him in Super like he can in IV. They need to give him some flaming yoga drills, a command grab and faster fireballs and I'll be happy!

STREET FIYTAH FO SON.

Going bed!

I'm so happy, I can kiss Ono's face.

From that interview did anyone else get the vibe this is going to be a console only disk release and not an arcade update first? Spring 2010 was what was referred to for the console disc obviously

I'd hope this is PC + Console. Personally I may pick up the new title on PC only, rather than PC + PS3 as I have done with SFIV. The online matchmaking on PS3 is complete rubbish where I live. I might even be tempted to go 360 + PC for the next release. I really like playing on PC because I can put my stick on my desk and play right in front of the (large) monitor. It's just like being at the arcade. I actually prefer it to sitting way back on the soft playing on a console. Also the GFW matchmaking seems to work much better than PSN.