Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

In that interview, the producer talked about character balancing, maybe Sagat is going to get hobbled? It's also mentioned that the team has listened to the fans and their disappointments with SFIV, i hope that means no df df dragon punches, and it'll be a little more hardened in the input commands.

And i hope this little lady is definitely in....

makototaunt_4.gif

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:

o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.

o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but can SFIV players fight SSFIV players? I'm assuming no. It's this kind of thing that tore apart the SF fans when it started to get more and more complex

The balls in Capcom's court in how they position this. It really should have been DLC.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but can SFIV players fight SSFIV players? I'm assuming no. It's this kind of thing that tore apart the SF fans when it started to get more and more complex

The balls in Capcom's court in how they position this. It really should have been DLC.

No they can't.

I'm glad it's not DLC but a full disc release. It obviously means they have to justify a huge amount of new content and gameplay changes as well as a new online structure. I suppose the fact that I got bored with SFIV in it's current form makes it better for me to accept a whole new game than just DLC with new features added on over time, but I'm super happy with the way this turned out.

But yeah, new characters, character balancing, lobbies, new gameplay features definately will justify the extra £30 or so from me.

Just worried that the only people who jump over to this are already the hardcore lot and that means getting my arse handed to me on sliver platter, even more so!

I loved just jumping in and beating some noob meat :D

I do hope your right in that they will give a substantial amount of content and it does play differently to SFIV to warrant keeping both

Just worried that the only people who jump over to this are already the hardcore lot and that means getting my arse handed to me on sliver platter, even more so!

I loved just jumping in and beating some noob meat :D

I do hope your right in that they will give a substantial amount of content and it does play differently to SFIV to warrant keeping both

Well I've recently become a hardcore street fighting fan I would say but that doesn't always ensure skill will follow (not for me on SFIV anyway) so I wouldn't worry ;)

Anyway compared to the snes days this is a pretty big and cheap leap. Then we had incremental changes on 60 quid carts until we got to Super

Well I've recently become a hardcore street fighting fan I would say but that doesn't always ensure skill will follow (not for me on SFIV anyway) so I wouldn't worry ;)

Anyway compared to the snes days this is a pretty big and cheap leap. Then we had incremental changes on 60 quid carts until we got to Super

You forgot to add - :D

not to be too greedy (lobbies and a few new characters, is an insta buy anyway) but i wouldnt mind a few new back grounds. possibly classic BGs?

this one?

StreetFighterAlpha2-Australia(Ryu).png

Oooh, yes please. If on top of that it can be pouring down with rain with intervals of lightning, would make me very happy :D

Probably no. Two different games, essentially. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if the unrevealed content (that they said would be exclusively for people who own both) was the ability to switch between the two without having to change the disc.

Probably no. Two different games, essentially. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if the unrevealed content (that they said would be exclusively for people who own both) was the ability to switch between the two without having to change the disc.

I don't know why you'd even want to switch between the two though? Super IS SFIV plus loads of new stuff- all you'd need to do essentially is import your data if that was possible or wanted then you'd surely not want to play vanilla IV again unless you preferred the old gameplay system.

Then again it's a better guess than mine. I have no idea what the "reward" could be. I'm guesisng it would just unlock some special stuff in Super or something.

he's just saying that so there's not an absolute flood of second hand SFIVs in the shops to take sales away from SSFIV. The unrevealed content for those that keep the 1st game will be megafail. probably being able to keep the colour schemes 9 and 10 for the characters because there are some new colours for SSFIV or something.

they are defo in Geldra

one of the reasons, why they couldn't release this as dlc is they have had to rebuild that aspect.

Despite all the love being thrown around if it is indeed possible then why the fuck didn't they just do it in the first place? I know SF has traditionally been a twat of a milkathon but we shouldn't be putting up with this sort of shit in 2009. SFIV will be a wasteland, might as well trade it now before it's worth pennies.

I don't know why you'd even want to switch between the two though? Super IS SFIV plus loads of new stuff- all you'd need to do essentially is import your data if that was possible or wanted then you'd surely not want to play vanilla IV again unless you preferred the old gameplay system.

The same reason why people might like to play Super SFII instead of Super Turbo?

i'm still hoping for my akuma in a clown suit idea. but yeah, i can't see it being crazy awesome, and can even see it being potentially extra lame (something like, you can keep your ranking and unlocks from the previous game only if you put in the old disc after using the new one for the first time).

edit: xpost, to philly.

The same reason why people might like to play Super SFII instead of Super Turbo?

Do people ever want that though? And besides couldn't you pick the old characters like O.Sagat etc in ST?

So yeah makes no sense. Rock Band has that feature so you can have all the songs from both games but only using one disc. I don't see a reason here.

(something like, you can keep your ranking and unlocks from the previous game only if you put in the old disc after using the new one for the first time).

Wouldn't need the disc for that, it'll just take your save game settings (in much the same way Gran Turismo 4 takes the 4 Prologue data to pre-qualify you for certain licenses).

Do people ever want that though? And besides couldn't you pick the old characters like O.Sagat etc in ST?

Sometimes. Just speculating, really.

he's just saying that so there's not an absolute flood of second hand SFIVs in the shops to take sales away from SSFIV. The unrevealed content for those that keep the 1st game will be megafail. probably being able to keep the colour schemes 9 and 10 for the characters because there are some new colours for SSFIV or something.

Probably this. I think if you have the IV disc, all Super ALT costumes (super will come with me even if you bought the current ones perhaps) will unlock for free. Everyone else will have to pay

Despite all the love being thrown around if it is indeed possible then why the fuck didn't they just do it in the first place? I know SF has traditionally been a twat of a milkathon but we shouldn't be putting up with this sort of shit in 2009. SFIV will be a wasteland, might as well trade it now before it's worth pennies.

Better late than never. I'm just thankful to finally have them even though you're right.

I know HDR has lobbies (for a tenner and first time) but so many of my mates just won't play that because they were too seduced by the new :D . Hell, even on this forum some sunday nights we only get 2 in the lobby (thus not making it a lobby at all), so at least we'll get something the community can sink it's teeth into.

Wouldn't need the disc for that, it'll just take your save game settings (in much the same way Gran Turismo 4 takes the 4 Prologue data to pre-qualify you for certain licenses).

i know it could just take your game settings, i was just speculating on ways in which ssf4 might have a lame hook-in to get you to keep the old game disc in your home until after release day.

How will they know if you still have the disc?

They probably won't. It's like Rock Band 1, anyone can just pass around the disc. It'll be a small incentive so I don't think they'll care. At least this way they get you to hang onto it until Super launches at the least

Some kind of update for original SFIV that gives you a redeemable code or something? I'm sure they could wangle that somehow.

You reckon there's any chance at all of GP from Championship mode carrying over? I quite like my GP. :D

Other than that, I am get hype for this. It looks like it could well deliver everything we wanted. If lobbies will lure y'all back then that would be the greatest victory of all. It's sad that the SFIV league keeps losing very good players because everyone's losing the love. I reckon lobbies would go a long way towards restoring it even if people are still not 100% happy with the gameplay system. Plus league games with spectators would be 110% gold.

Oh, and HDR guys, I may join you in one of your sunday lobby things if there's a spot open. A quick session/schooling on HDR the other night made me fall in love with it again. Gerbik's preaching is undeniably infectious too.