Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

Some kind of update for original SFIV that gives you a redeemable code or something? I'm sure they could wangle that somehow.

You reckon there's any chance at all of GP from Championship mode carrying over? I quite like my GP. :D

Other than that, I am get hype for this. It looks like it could well deliver everything we wanted. If lobbies will lure y'all back then that would be the greatest victory of all. It's sad that the SFIV league keeps losing very good players because everyone's losing the love. I reckon lobbies would go a long way towards restoring it even if people are still not 100% happy with the gameplay system. Plus league games with spectators would be 110% gold.

Oh, and HDR guys, I may join you in one of your sunday lobby things if there's a spot open. A quick session/schooling on HDR the other night made me fall in love with it again. Gerbik's preaching is undeniably infectious too.

You're welcome for HDR, I might be on tonight in fact. Going to be playing it solidly until SSFIV launches anyway. Wait till you get a night with a fairly lively lobby with Gerbik, Donut, Jonster, Saint etc

You're right that lack of lobbies were a big reason that interest died out with some of the more dedicated players. That's a massive social element of enjoyment and learning that was omitted so I think the long stay value of SSFIV will be far more enticing. I think the reason I'm a far better HDR player than I am a IV player is primarily the lobbies.

You reckon there's any chance at all of GP from Championship mode carrying over? I quite like my GP. :D

This is quite an interesting one...

I know I for one would be pretty pissed at having to start again. Could depend on if they link achievements to it

Yeah. She reminds me a bit of May Lee amongst others. I apologise for repeatedly posting in this thread. It's a slow day at work and I'm very get hype. T. Hawk's ultra is absurd, I love it. More of them should have ridiculously goofy poses. I'd like to see Dee-Jay land a double dread kick to the gut and then just rapidly beat them in the head with his maracas for a bit. Like that win pose he has, but aimed at their head.

Genuine question - Why do people want T Hawk to so bad?

He always seemed a big ugly twat to me.

Who do you want to play as?

A fireball breathing, levitating, yoga dude that can dislocate his limbs to punch you from afar.

Or

A lumpy bloke with a square head, that walks like he's got shit in his pants. Oh and wears a gay headband.

Just an observation ^_^

Genuine question - Why do people want T Hawk to so bad?

He always seemed a big ugly twat to me.

Who do you want to play as?

A fireball breathing, levitating, yoga dude that can dislocate his limbs to punch you from afar.

Or

A lumpy bloke with a square head, that walks like he's got shit in his pants. Oh and wears a gay headband.

Just an observation ^_^

Some people associate with his lifestyle.

I actually don't understand why they are bringing T-Hawk back. He is by far one of the worst characters in the SF universe, both in terms of design and moveset

You need to spend more time in the company of Patronsaint! He has a HRD T-Hawk that is so furious!

Furious like Tre's father in Boyz N The Hood

Too furious to ever be sent out to get cheesecake for Puffy.

Furious like NaS when her wrote Ether.

That's what I wondered on the previous page. Though it was said that there'd only be two selectable supers (rather than the three of Alpha 3 and SFIII 3rd)...maybe one's a classic pre-canned combo and one's V-ism style? Maybe they just drop the least popular super?
* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.

* It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.

Aha.

Indeed, and with the oil obsessed Arab thrown into the mix it's a serious ^_^ from me. It's like Capcom live in the 30's or something.

I think what's missing from IV is that international flavour II had. It wasn't offensive in the same way this is, mind you, but it's a good example of the naivety that coloured a lot of Japanese game design from the period, and I've always thought it was quite endearing, even if it was born of the assumption that nobody outside Japan would ever see it. Games like Snatcher and Revenge of Shinobi almost bear that out, but thankfully games are (mostly) playable in any language. :o

So yeah, it's a shame, really. I'd have liked to see a return to stages for each character, too. Are they putting any new ones in?

Much as I'd love the rumoured lineup of additions to be true..

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:

o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.

o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.

All the other quotes so far mention that thawk and Danryuria are two of the eight newbies, but that lot adds up to ten..

I hope he's based on this legend.

arabbloodsport.jpg

With the winning quote

"you lose, American asshole!"

Serious note, i reckon bloodsport inspired some of the feel and characters of SF2.

the "jungle fighting style" guy = blanka, The sumo = Honda, and just the general international kumite feel

I just played two hours worth of SFIV matches with Dante Sigona, a long time IV sparring buddy, after having been away for so long HDR'ing it up.

Man, I still have a proper love/hate relationship with the game. Love the art style and the feel of some of the moves, but so much else- bleh. It really is so much more turtlefesty and drawn out compared to what I'm used to now. With some of the longer combo animations (some of Seth's take forever) and ultras I just let go of the stick and wait sometimes, that's how long it feels to me to get back into the action. I really hope Super feels different, more immediate, more aggressive, more intense.

But it's still a lot of fun, that's what matters. Even though it does infuriate me half the time because of those issues and knowing HDR is far far better ^_^