Super Street Fighter IV (3DS/PS3/X360)

Cyhwuhx

And finally, I pulled a massive dick move on some guy in ranked today and feel pretty good about it. There's a guy who I've fought plenty of times with Chun and Sakura who has THE LAMEST Blanka I have ever seen. He has 8,000BP, the ugliest play style of all time and he has beaten me by time out on several occasions. When I fight him with Sakura and her outright lack of Blanka ball punishes it's the closest I come to rage quitting. My only consolation is normally that he'll either have to change character or get used to not winning any more when the Arcade Edition changes happen.

What's getting changed about Blanka in AE? Is his ball becoming more punishable?

Yup. The fierce and medium punch Blanka balls have a significantly shorter bounce away on block, with only the LP ball going the same distance it does now. The fierce and medium balls look to be Condor Dive levels of unsafe. It won't affect the very best Blankas too badly, but it'll certainly expose a good number of awful ones on Xbox live.

Yup. The fierce and medium punch Blanka balls have a significantly shorter bounce away on block, with only the LP ball going the same distance it does now. The fierce and medium balls look to be Condor Dive levels of unsafe. It won't affect the very best Blankas too badly, but it'll certainly expose a good number of awful ones on Xbox live.

That's good news for Vega. Hopefully his standing strong/fierce will range him after the block, whereas at the moment for the Blanka Ball and Honda's Sumo Headbutt they don't.

• 1 month later...