IGNORED

Okami - Wii Edition

DeNeo

Hmmm. Does it defintiely work that early in the game? I'm not so sure... I'm pretty sure you get 'taught' to rejuvinate the flora in a short while... If you've already bloomed some plants/trees, then it should work. The moon thing is the ability to change night to day...

And I'm glad you liked the helping the Hero bit, fatoy. I think you're going to really love it. It gets amazing later on with those kinds of smiley moments :ph34r:

Hmmm. Does it defintiely work that early in the game? I'm not so sure... I'm pretty sure you get 'taught' to rejuvinate the flora in a short while... If you've already bloomed some plants/trees, then it should work.

He referred to rejuvenating the big trees, so he definitely has the skill. Probably just painted it wrong when he tried.

He referred to rejuvenating the big trees, so he definitely has the skill. Probably just painted it wrong when he tried.

Yep, it was my own foolishness. I'd tried it without realising, much to my chagrin, that unlike the big saplings I had to paint a circle around the smaller, withered trees instead of on them.

And I'm glad you liked the helping the Hero bit, fatoy. I think you're going to really love it. It gets amazing later on with those kinds of smiley moments :lol:

I've already encountered another and coupled with that I managed to kill an hour earlier just bounding around the open fields cleaning up demon gates and feeding tapirs. It's incredibly lovely.

I saw it in the shops, and the PAL version doesn't have the IGN watermark.

I "ordered" the alternative versions, for the USA version.

Like fuck they will send that to the UK.

I should have checked myself when I was in HMV. I wish I could say I was surprised that they put price stickers over that nice exclusive cover.

Play.com now have the Okami: Complete Works art book in stock. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives in a couple of days.

I saw that in Waterstones today - I hadn't realised it had only just come out a few days ago. It's beautiful. :lol: But I'll have to get it soon; if I wait till I've actually completed the game (the PS2 version) before I buy it, by that time no doubt it'll be out of stock...

I'v just started this - about an hour and 15 minutes in. I love the art work and style but jeepers there was a lot of being told what to do. I guess its best out of the way - please tell me it is out of the way now though? I also disliked the big arrow showing me the way back to places - why'd they include that and can I get rid of it in the options?

I really want to get this, since I feel in the mood for a fantasy adventure puzzler game that'll take a while. Any huge reasons why the Wii version is a no no?

The Wii version is fantastic.

Anyone who say otherwise probably hasn't played it and is expressing a knee jerk reaction over some of the minor changes from the PS2 version.

They've changed the general look of the game. Instead of Washed out "Water" colours, you now get big and bold colours.

Actually....I do really prefer the look of the PS2 version, but honestly the Wii version plays great and DOES look fantastic.

One of the best games available :o

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this and really enjoyed it - never heard of it until the Wii version.

I did spend roughly 6 hours trying to do the

Konohana Shuffle

until I realised I was being lazy and not doing proper circles. People should also read the manual - there's some good hints in there. I spent ages trying to the power slash becasue I skipped the cutscene and didn't realise you used Z.

I just had Google what to do with the

Guardian statues

as I was worried I'd missed something.

Can you make an "offering" from the start of the game? Haven't figured that one out myself yet.

Also is it just me or have a bunch of more recent posts disappeared from this topic? I definitely posted some impressions recently in a topic about Okami, so unless there's another one they seem to have disappeared.

Edit - oh, there is. :P

Can you make an "offering" from the start of the game? Haven't figured that one out myself yet.

Also is it just me or have a bunch of more recent posts disappeared from this topic? I definitely posted some impressions recently in a topic about Okami, so unless there's another one they seem to have disappeared.

Edit - oh, there is. :wub:

No you need something to happen first which takes a little while -

You need to defeat baddies in the area near the nameless man's house, then his kiln appears and after a while he makes vases for you.

I also didn't realise when using Z to do straight lines you don't need to press A as well. DUH. A lot easier now.

Also I found out about Demon Fangs.

I could have been getting these right from the beginning by using finishing moves in battles!

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got around to starting this. Should I pay much attention to the message that says you should use multiple save slots?

I don't think I ever went back to a previous save on my playthrough.

But I always use multiple save slots in any game, why wouldn't you? just in case...

Wish I was you, starting this amazing game for the first time.

I don't think I ever went back to a previous save on my playthrough.

But I always use multiple save slots in any game, why wouldn't you? just in case...

Wish I was you, starting this amazing game for the first time.

I'm an obsessive freak. I hate having extra saves, especially when a game doesn't let you delete them.

Anyway, the game looks amazing. :)

The intro almost bored me to death, but it's picking up already.

I'm having a bit of bother with the Celestial Brush. Some of it seems to be down to the shape recognition being strict, but I'm not totally blameless. If I hold down Z to do a Power Slash it locks the line to a certain angle, but I can't figure out how to influence the angle.

The game doesn't seem to explain details like this very well.

Played this at my mates house the other day, but still, the PS2 version is the superior version. The motion controls just aren't responsive enough on the Wii version.

Anyone looking to get the best Okami experience will obviously stick with the PS2 copy of the game.

I find the Wiis motion controls and painting controls to be easier than the PS2, both in terms of use and recognition.

I have at least a 95% success rate which beats my PS2 experience.

I don't know what you guys are doing, but my circles are atrocious and the game still recognises them as lily pads, the sun, etc.

I find the Wiis motion controls and painting controls to be easier than the PS2, both in terms of use and recognition.

I don't know what you guys are doing, but my circles are atrocious and the game still recognises them as lily pads, the sun, etc.

...and more fun. I found it quite jarring using the Wiimote at first but I prefer the Wii version. Over time, it seems to become more intuative, and quicker to use.

With the use of swings instead of button mashing, I found combat more satisfying and tended to play about with the brush techniques.

Ah well, either version is an absolute pleasure, and having a second go allowed me to find some more secrets, hopefully someday I'll find all those stray beads. :(

I haven't played the PS2 version so I can't compare. That said, I was wondering how hopeless I would have been on it. I'm sure I'll be fine once I've had a read of the manual and mastered the subtleties.