Coronation Street

superfunk

Worst episode evar. Everyone changed their personality to suit the plot.

I thought they captured the forced jollity of the wedding rather well - it was pretty cringe inducing. The writers got it all wrong in the episode before last when they condensed Gail's rejection of David scene into about 30 seconds.

Who were all the extras in the rear pews? And why was Dev invited? Soap weddings never make any sense

Didn't Sarah Louise work in Dev's shop for a while? Not that it's usually custom to invite one of your ex-employers to your wedding as I don't remember seeing them being particuarly chummy since then (that's if she did actually work there - I only watch it occasionally).

Only good thing was The Wannadies playing when David drove the car into the cannal. All the rest was pure shit. Like La Policia would bust into a wedding just to say "your son might be dead..... and you must come NOW!!"

oh do fuck off!

Did he die? I'm fed up of seeing character/action all over the papers.

He's shit at acting and it's a shit story line...god I hate soaps...

Nope. Leaves a dodgy message blaming his mum for everything. He then drove into the canal and climbed out of the car whilst underwater. He ran off and hid somewhere for a few hours until the police pulled the car from the water. They all think he is long dead then he turns up at the front door.

Sarah doesnt buy any of this and thinks its a con as the two are alone he smirks at her when she asks if he meant to kill himself. Sarah leaves and you see David looking out of the window a big grin on his face.

Nope. Leaves a dodgy message blaming his mum for everything. He then drove into the canal and climbed out of the car whilst underwater. He ran off and hid somewhere for a few hours until the police pulled the car from the water. They all think he is long dead then he turns up at the front door.

Sarah doesnt buy any of this and thinks its a con as the two are alone he smirks at her when she asks if he meant to kill himself. Sarah leaves and you see David looking out of the window a big grin on his face.

Oh god...it's going to go on...<_<

I thought it was really stupid that everyone suddenly felt sorry for him. Bill Webster hated his guts until that point.

It all seemed really contrived in order to make Sarah look more selfish. And the police interrupting the wedding ceremony was just stupid.

I thought it was really stupid that everyone suddenly felt sorry for him. Bill Webster hated his guts until that point.

It all seemed really contrived in order to make Sarah look more selfish. And the police interrupting the wedding ceremony was just stupid.

I would say the same, except I've seen the exact same thing happen in real life. Its amazing how people suddenly start to be best friends with people who are dying/dead when previously they wouldn't give them the time of day.

I would say the same, except I've seen the exact same thing happen in real life. Its amazing how people suddenly start to be best friends with people who are dying/dead when previously they wouldn't give them the time of day.

Perhaps, but this was pretty clear cut. There's no way that Jason or Bill would have thought the suicide was genuine. Their reaction would have been anger, not sympathy. Certainly once he turned up.

• 2 months later...