Good crisp bad crisp

Timmo

• 2 weeks later...

20220827_163939.thumb.jpg.fd58a98ca3b592d2eb508f46254971c3.jpg

We picked these up at a Chinese supermarket today. They're effectively pork scratchings but made from fish skins. They taste remarkably similar, but are lighter and less dense / hard on the teeth than pork scratchings.

I'd suspected that the UK market was being cheated with underwhelming chill flavoured crisps and these Tunisian Doritos are proof, theh have an actual chilli kick that lingers, very good (as are the other spicy crisps out here)

20220828_115152.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr Monday said:

This is great news as I’ve had a hankering for these recently. 

https://www.bustle.com/life/nik-naks-scampi-n-lemon-flavour-crisps

I heard about this last week. I have 100% had scampi and lemon nik nacks in the past 5 years.

I can only assume i got them from B&M in a multipack and they were imported from another country.

I don't like the scampi and lemon ones though but funnily enough these are god-like - 

image.png.661060f2910b5442121e6d7293740b3f.png

14 minutes ago, DarhkFox said:

I don't like the scampi and lemon ones though but funnily enough these are god-like - 

image.png.661060f2910b5442121e6d7293740b3f.png

I love Scampi Fries and even the less beloved Cheese Moments.

Another bag of treats from the Chinese supermarket...

20220827_164008.thumb.jpg.ef8f851a8c81dcf508fa1f69bdc821aa.jpg

I expected these to just be the usual mild prawn cracker flavour, like the ones you get from a takeaway  but they had a really strong aroma and taste in comparison. They smell like one of those seaside seafood stalls!

My wife wasn't keen, but I'd go for some of these again.

This might be the greatest website in the history of man.

https://onepoundcrisps.com/cat/full-cases/   - STEER CLEAR 

And they are selling Scampi & Lemon Nik Naks

Oh man they even have Quaterbacks (but out of stock 😩)

EDIT: Scratch that. This place is an absolute nightmare. Made the mistake of ordering from them. Never showed up and just a bunch of single line "i don't give a shit" replies from them. Having to go through PayPal to get my money back. Avoid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2022 at 16:33, LowCostMonkey said:

EDIT: Scratch that. This place is an absolute nightmare. Made the mistake of ordering from them. Never showed up and just a bunch of single line "i don't give a shit" replies from them. Having to go through PayPal to get my money back. Avoid.

No way! I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. I came on this thread to link to them as I ordered a case from them on Tuesday which arrived Thursday. 

I hope you can get your money back from PayPal. 

On 30/08/2022 at 16:33, LowCostMonkey said:

They sell Tangy Toms. Big fan.

I wish Ketchup flavoured Walker's were more readily available. I never see them anymore.

Mentioned elsewhere, but my Sainsbury's have a seasonal aisle in amongst the pots and pans and toys and bedding etc. It has early Crimbo stuff on one side and Diwali stuff on the other. Bagged these from there - there were loads of other options. The poppadoms were nice enough - thankfully subtle. The sub-kuch is ace. It's spiced differently to Bombay Mix, but is similar, but much lighter with far fewer noodles, replaced by puffed rice. I am going to buy a load of this before it disappears - it's fab. (I've added a few sultanas to it, because it works so well).

There are several other snack mixes available I haven't tried yet. I have a mission...

_snacks.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I visited my friends in Amsterdam recently and sought out these. They're a popular sauce for fries. It's a kind of light curry mayo. The crisp version was delicious. It really tastes like homemade mayo which I personally love (although I can imagine some people would hate it). No idea where I can find more in London. 

lays-max-patatje-joppie-185gr.jpg

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

These are as spicy as bastard hell. Sweating like a pig after a couple of handfuls.

615309C8-F608-428E-991F-CAB88D15BAD2.jpeg

Yeah they taste like somewhat similar to image.png.7743a0640c9ebf786043885ea22165ce.png

I actually quite like the Prawn Cocktail version of these crisps, they are quite hot as well.

You say 

On 18/09/2022 at 23:54, Skull Commander said:

Found these in Home Bargains today and they are lovely. Kettle Chip style consistency, but thicker and crunchier. Sweet and spicy but not hot in the slightest. Just demolished a whole bag and will be going back to Home Bargains soon for more. 

IMG_20220918_233958__01.jpg

You say TAYtos, and I say TAytos. Taytos Taytos! 

Wouldn't last long on the Shankill Road with that one. 

9 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

These are as spicy as bastard hell. Sweating like a pig after a couple of handfuls.

615309C8-F608-428E-991F-CAB88D15BAD2.jpeg

Yeah these are my meal deal go-to at the moment. My tongue is usually begging for mercy at the end of the bag.

On 04/07/2022 at 13:36, Qazimod said:

Update: the newer Hot Sauce Blaze flavour is pleasingly fiery. The flavour isn’t as tasty as Jalapeño Cheese but there’s a satisfying build-up of heat after you’ve had a few. And it has its own multipack rather than being part of an assortment. :) 

:quote: 

But yeah, this and JC are the top-tier Max flavours right now.

On 12/10/2022 at 08:48, DarhkFox said:

Yeah they taste like somewhat similar to image.png.7743a0640c9ebf786043885ea22165ce.png

I actually quite like the Prawn Cocktail version of these crisps, they are quite hot as well.

The prawn cocktail ones are amazing, I've had a bag each day the past few days after reading this!