Super Legendary Special Collectors Limited Edition

Teeohbee.

Are you a sucker for a tin box/bonus dvd/figurine/artwork/random crap?

Annoyingly, I am. I lap up the shiny packaging, the extra weight to boxes because of extra booklets etc. Special editions make me feel special and i'm obviously not alone as there seem to be more and more special editions popping up for the most unlikely games. Two Worlds? Jericho? WTF? The 360 is home to many.

I was in my local blockbuster recently and spotted the tin limited edition version of Perfect Dark Zero for a tenner. I was wondering how bad it could be, for a tenner, but my mate insisted I downloaded the demo first and i'm glad I did. Biggest pile of wank i've ever played, and there I was, willing to shell out my money just because of the pretty packaging. I am weak!

So, whats the forum concensus? Extra mindless money grabbing or genuine bonus extras that people appreciate for a little extra dosh?

I like the tin boxes, so I definately look for those if I'm buying a game. I bought the Bioshock super collectors limited shirley crabtree edition which was a little more than I'd usually shell out for a game, so yeah I guess I'm a sucker for things like that.

Separating fools from their money is probably good for the economy or something.

^_^

To be fair, the only limited editions I actually own are Halo 3 (Just the tin one, no cat helmet) and Warcraft 3.

I'm just being really tempted by the upcoming games, assassin's creed, mass effect, GTA IV etc.

Thanks goodness Wii games don't make me feel like such a mug.

I will pick up the Super Legendary Collectors Tin with Cat Hat version of game but only if i had planned to buy the game in the first place.

Wont just buy a fancy version for the sake of having it.

Im torn at the minute about the Assassin's Creed one as im not 100% if its a game i am going to like but the Super Fancy version with a statue looks pretty good to me.

All my game boxes go straight in the bin, and I just keep the disk and instructions in a sexy leather binder. It takes up loads less space, makes my games nice and portable, and means that somebody breaking into my house can steal them all really easily!

Shame about the last bit, really.

Used to be a sucker for them... still am to some degree if they offer genuine insights etc into the game. Liked the Gears LE, that kinda thing.

But more recently they've left a bit of a sour taste.

Forza 2... what is the point of that fucking book. Lists all the cars and specs. Well I could just get all that from the net. If you are gonna include a book at least make it interesting. How about a diary of how the game came together? On location, testing the cars, the game designers... etc that kinda thing.

Halo 3... Legendary Edition. This was the nail in the coffin. The huge box suckered me in. Bought it. Got home. Opened it. One plastic helmet and 2 CD's. No book that the Lt Ed had... oh no... we get an electronic version on one of the discs. And they rattle around in a space too big that would have been perfect for........ the bloody book!!!!

It just looked at me... big gold visor. Mocking me. I could almost read the words 'Sucker!' reflected in it. Covered the damn thing up!

From now on I'm resisting these bloody things unless it has some decent stuff in it and it fits neatly into my collection!

I like those steelbox verisons (like lost planet and dead rising) all 360 games should come in those from the start, they're just so nice (and HDDVD should too)

Things i'd like in special editions would be

- Soundtracks (Mass Effect? :) )

- Stickers (im a sucker for a nice sticker sheet)

- Little trading figures (like the ShOfThCol ones - six to collect lol)

- Posters/lithographs

- Codes for downloadable stuff (should have been done for the Legendary Halo Cat Helmet, a code to download a legendary only MP spartan variant)

I don't understand why the games that are guaranteed multi-million sellers have stupid versions, and games that struggle to survive don't.

In an ideal world, I should be able to pay an extra £10 for Okami, not because I want an artbook, but because I want to support the developer. I don't see why GTAIV, a game that's destined to sell upwards of 15million copies at £40 a piece needs a £60 version.

The only LE I have is Bioshock statue edition and that was becuse someone sold it at work for less than the RRP of the normal edition, I generally find them a pain in the ass because they aren't a uniform size and make my shelf look untidy.

I do the same with CD's and DVD's as well. Although I only actually keep the instructions for games. CD and DVD inlays go in the bin with the cases.

You buy it for what's on the disk, not the plastic stuff it comes in.

That's seriously INSANE!!! :)